Dickson Co. District 10-AAA

ITALYandSWEDEN

Dickson Co.  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Dickson Co.

Dickson County has been on fire lately. They have new players and some old ones that are ruling the District 10.

So far the team is 5-0 in the regular season, 4-0 in the pre-season, and 3-0 district wise. (overall 9-0)

To begin with the Dickson side defeated Montgomery Central and Overton in the preseason with ease.

In the regular season they had defeated Northeast, Henry County, and Columbia to start their season.

And recently have come away with two away wins against Hillwood 2-3 Dickson and Springfield 2-4 Dickson.

They are on a roll with the winning and do not seem as they could be stopped.

This Dickson team seems certain to win the District-10 title.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't get ahead of yourself. No doubt Dickson is improved, and might should be the favorite at this point, but they still haven't played the only other two teams in the district that matter, Clarksville and Rossview. Both of those teams appear to be down at this point, but they're still the two teams who have players who have tasted success and been through the postseason battles that Dickson hasn't been through. No way any of those teams, from what I've seen and heard, is going any farther than the regionals though.

QUOTE(bootitupthefield @ Apr 7 2007 - 10:52 AM) 826431867[/snapback]Don't get ahead of yourself. No doubt Dickson is improved, and might should be the favorite at this point, but they still haven't played the only other two teams in the district that matter, Clarksville and Rossview. Both of those teams appear to be down at this point, but they're still the two teams who have players who have tasted success and been through the postseason battles that Dickson hasn't been through. No way any of those teams, from what I've seen and heard, is going any farther than the regionals though.

Rossview and Clarksville have lost to and tied to teams Dickson have defeated. Although the Dickson side has never seen District play, they have club players who have played for the Nashville Metros and have won plenty of state championships.

if you really want to get right down to it no teams in district 10 are really all that great this year. I would have to say that clarksville, rossview, and dickson all have as good a chance as the others to win district this year. dickson beat northeast by one point, northeast tied kenwood, clarksville beat kenwood 3-0 (eurosport says that but i heard it was worse). i could go on with this chain of wins, ties, and losses but the fact is this is probably the most even this district has been in years. In terms of taking their licks early in the season Clarksville High has definitely been baptised by fire. Rossview has also played some quality teams. both have lost to these ranked teams. it ought to be interesting.

QUOTE(MatWizard87 @ Apr 9 2007 - 03:13 PM) 826433240[/snapback]if you really want to get right down to it no teams in district 10 are really all that great this year. I would have to say that clarksville, rossview, and dickson all have as good a chance as the others to win district this year. dickson beat northeast by one point, northeast tied kenwood, clarksville beat kenwood 3-0 (eurosport says that but i heard it was worse). i could go on with this chain of wins, ties, and losses but the fact is this is probably the most even this district has been in years. In terms of taking their licks early in the season Clarksville High has definitely been baptised by fire. Rossview has also played some quality teams. both have lost to these ranked teams. it ought to be interesting.

yet dickson is the only ranked team out of that region.

QUOTE(ITALYandSWEDEN @ Apr 9 2007 - 05:14 PM) 826433331[/snapback]yet dickson is the only ranked team out of that region.

I'm going to assume you're using mjuhb's rankings, which are as accurate as any. I'm also going to assume you mean district not region since Hendersonville, Gallatin, and Lavergne are all in that region. Rankings don't mean anything, and if Dickson thinks they have won the games with Clarksville and Rossview before they play them they will lose both. Dickson has played one real game against a team with a winning record,that being Springfield who hasn't exactly beaten anyone either. Don't read into scores from scrimmages, such as the Dickson-Overton one, because team's rarely play their best players in meaningless games. I'm not sure if Dickson has ever won a district title, but I know for a fact if they have it hasn't been in nearly 15 years, and speaking from experience it's hard to get over that kind of hump. Not impossible, but very difficult. Dickson might win this district, but I've said it before and I'll say it again. When it really boils down to it it won't matter because none of these teams are getting past the region unless they improve greatly.

true but what kind of testament is it being ranked 30th in AAA on the coacht.com soccer board ranking. it is progress though. It's ashame they haven't played any of the big name teams that are always ranked in the Redmond 11 or the eurosport top 10, just to see how they would fair against them. a win or loss to some of the better tennessee teams can really show what a team has skill wise or lack there of.

QUOTE(ITALYandSWEDEN @ Apr 10 2007 - 06:16 AM) 826433724[/snapback]Dickson have a the Rebel Classic this weekend. We'll see if their record holds true.

Where is that played? Looking at the games listed on Eurosport Scoreboard it doesn't appear any of those teams should provide a legit test. The true test comes down the stretch for Dickson. They have 5 games in their last 6 that will be tougher than any others they've played thus far with USN, FRA, Clarksville, Rossview, and Beech. They'll have a gaudy record going into that part of the schedule (perhaps 11-0), but we'll really find out about them at the end of the year.