Dickson Co. District 10-AAA

ITALYandSWEDEN

Dickson Co.  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Dickson Co.

QUOTE(bootitupthefield @ Apr 9 2007 - 10:38 PM) 826433661[/snapback]I'm going to assume you're using mjuhb's rankings, which are as accurate as any. I'm also going to assume you mean district not region since Hendersonville, Gallatin, and Lavergne are all in that region. Rankings don't mean anything, and if Dickson thinks they have won the games with Clarksville and Rossview before they play them they will lose both. Dickson has played one real game against a team with a winning record,that being Springfield who hasn't exactly beaten anyone either. Don't read into scores from scrimmages, such as the Dickson-Overton one, because team's rarely play their best players in meaningless games. I'm not sure if Dickson has ever won a district title, but I know for a fact if they have it hasn't been in nearly 15 years, and speaking from experience it's hard to get over that kind of hump. Not impossible, but very difficult. Dickson might win this district, but I've said it before and I'll say it again. When it really boils down to it it won't matter because none of these teams are getting past the region unless they improve greatly.

very good point.

I still believe dickson has as good a chance this year of winning the district as they have in well over a decade but i don't see the point of getting on coacht and tooting their horn. a top 30 ranking in a poll that probably doesnt have a whole lot of legitimacy to it means very little. IF Dickson wins district get on here and say great job while you can because it'll probably be a few days later that their season will be over when they play hendersonville or gallatin, and thats being realistic. That district is much stronger than district 10.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(bootitupthefield @ Apr 10 2007 - 01:28 PM) 826434018[/snapback]Where is that played? Looking at the games listed on Eurosport Scoreboard it doesn't appear any of those teams should provide a legit test. The true test comes down the stretch for Dickson. They have 5 games in their last 6 that will be tougher than any others they've played thus far with USN, FRA, Clarksville, Rossview, and Beech. They'll have a gaudy record going into that part of the schedule (perhaps 11-0), but we'll really find out about them at the end of the year.

it is played at franklin co high school in winchester

i know they they play dekalb co 1:30 and white co at 9:30 i think

those aren't tough games but hopefully they will get to play tullahoma or shelbyville on sunday

ITALYandSWEDEN, you must be joking. I have seen some incredibly questionable posts and threads, but yours takes the cake. First of all, you are basing your prediction that Dickson County will win the District (and are implying that) on the fact that they have beaten every team they have played. Second, this followed by the fact that some of the teams that Rossview and Clarksville have lost to have lost to Dickson. This is incorrect seeing as how to this point Clarksville and Dickson have no similar opponents that the two have played. Rossview yes, Clarksville no. Third, I would like to congratulate Dickson on those impressive wins over Northeast (1-2-2), Henry County (1-4-1), Columbia Central (2-3), and Hillwood (1-4-1) by a total score of 11-4. Kudos to Brenda Zbozien for scheduling such formidable opponents. And by the way, congratualtions on the win against Springfield, the only team that has a winning record and coincidentally a worse opponents W-L-T record than Dickson. Dickson doesn't have the horses much less the coaching to hang with the teams that they have to beat, and I'm not talking about their District opponents.

I am going to give any Dickson players who know who this nincompoop ITALYandSWEDEN is a strong piece of advice: tell him to stop talking. I know for a fact that Donahue and Chartrand (both who have schedules that would give Dickson County nightmares for years) don't take kindly to reading these kinds of things. I seem to remember the last time that Dickson thought they were going to run all over Clarksville: in 1999 they lost in a monsoon to an undefeated Clarksville team that was ranked third in the state. The rest of the story goes they went to Clarksville for the tournament and lost 9-0. If Chartrand is anything like Donahue, than his team will conversely be receptive to these kinds of remarks. Donahue always had a way of motivating less talented teams with comments by silly people trying to see if people would reply to their threads. Have fun and good luck, you're going to need it.

And by the way for those of you who wanted to know: Clarksville has won 14 District 10 AAA titles, Northeast 2, and Rossview 1. Dickson has none. None. And by the way, Dickson is not ranked because nobody goes by obscure rankings that are polled by passers-by rather than voted on by coaches. Get a clue. I'd listen to MatWizard87 and bootitupthefield...and me. I'm guessing you're a player.

QUOTE(world cup @ Apr 10 2007 - 07:36 PM) 826434223[/snapback]And by the way for those of you who wanted to know: Clarksville has won 14 District 10 AAA titles, Northeast 2, and Rossview 1. Dickson has none. None. And by the way, Dickson is not ranked because nobody goes by obscure rankings that are polled by passers-by rather than voted on by coaches. Get a clue. I'd listen to MatWizard87 and bootitupthefield...and me. I'm guessing you're a player.

i consider that a slap in the face to me

i put alot of time and effort into my poll and most coaches, players and parents do have input

QUOTE(mjuhb @ Apr 10 2007 - 06:46 PM) 826434229[/snapback]i consider that a slap in the face to me

i put alot of time and effort into my poll and most coaches, players and parents do have input

i just want to say that i'm not down on your poll, its just that after the top 15 places its really tough to get an accurate picture of how good a team may be. i think many people pay closer attention to the eurosport rankings cause they have been around for a while ( i really don't know how long yours has been around). my argument with italyandsweden was that being ranked 30th was not room for bragging rights as of yet. anyways keep doing your rankings the way you're doing it's good to compare it with other rankings.

Well, with all do respect to you and your polls, who are the coaches? I'm usually not one to throw around slaps, but I am interested to know who the coaches are that have input in your poll. Quite frankly, if you take players and parents into serious account when constructing your polls then I think that you should probably reevaluate your system or retweek it. The fact is (and this is in no way an attack on your poll or your system) that the coaches are the ones who see the players first hand, at practice, games and tournaments. What I am saying is that a coach is probably going to be less bias than a parent who is trying to get his or her son some PR or a player who is trying to get it himself. The good coaches (obviously not all coaches) know who the good teams are. That's why Barry Redmond was so good at rating the teams. He had a great deal of trust in the coaches from whom he got information, which is similarly why Bob Klosky is good at rating the teams that he does. Guys like him and Eric Turner, Mike Irby, and Russ Plummer are going to know who the teams to reckon with are. Understand that while can I appreciate the fact that you put so much time and effort into your polls, I along with most of the rest of the state are probably going to trust the NSCAA soccerinfo ratings more.

QUOTE(ITALYandSWEDEN @ Apr 10 2007 - 08:07 PM) 826434347[/snapback]Northwest 0-2 Rossview

Northwest 0-6 Dickson

Haven't we talked about comparing scores already. Games aren't won and lost based on what teams did with common opponents, all that matters is when those two teams meet on the field. Keep assuming Dickson will win based on what they do with common opponents. If you are a player and the rest of your team has that mentality you will lose to both Rossview and Clarksville.

On the stat of district titles, this is only the 6th year Rossview has been in existence and they have already been more successful than Dickson has ever been and Clarksville has won district title after district title since the creation of this district. They are both down this year, but those players aren't going to go down easy. Those two teams have finished 1-2 and played in the district finals the past 4 years and those players have a standard to play up to. Anything less than a regional appearance is a significant failure for either of those teams in the eyes of the coaches and former players and it simply isn't like that at Dickson.

Well said bootitupthefield. And in response to ITALYandSWEDEN, I made the point that Clarksville hasn't played similar opponents. They will eventually, but like the man said comparing scores doesn't matter whatsoever. MatWizard87 is also right by stating that when you get out of the top 10 or 15 it's hard to start rating. In other words a 30th ranking means nothing and it's also important to realize that there are few if any rankings that go past the Top 25. It's nice that they're having a good year, but the fact of the matter is you schedule good teams to prepare for May. That's what teams like Clarksville and Rossview do, or at least Clarksville always has. Dickson just doesn't have the schedule to prepare them for the tournament. After getting their tales whipped, Clarksville is going to have a chip on its shoulder and will have the proper training to prepare them for the tournament, while Dickson won't. Sad, but true.