Beech vs. Smryna

divingcatch14

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Live4FridayNite615 @ Apr 7 2007 - 11:33 AM) 826431860[/snapback]I know Beech is known for hitting the ball well right now, but Smyrna is stroking it also... So this one comes down to pitching really and a little defense and in that case who goes against Sonny Gray???

Ill take a line-up full of good bats over 2-3 good sticks! Your right this one does come down to pitching and defense and not only does Beech have a line-up full of sticks but will have a stud on the mound as well. Brady Frey has been pitching well and so far the Bucs have put up runs. Beech 2-1

QUOTE(whooleyman07 @ Apr 7 2007 - 11:52 PM) 826432190[/snapback]Ill take a line-up full of good bats over 2-3 good sticks! Your right this one does come down to pitching and defense and not only does Beech have a line-up full of sticks but will have a stud on the mound as well. Brady Frey has been pitching well and so far the Bucs have put up runs. Beech 2-1

So are you implying Frey is better than Gray??

Frey may not throw mid-90's but he is very close to the low 90's with really great off speed pitch. I think both of these young men are outstanding high school pitchers with a great future ahead them. This will be a pitcher duel with little for mistakes, I know Smyrna has some really good hitters but Beech has probably a little more depth on that side. Both defenses will have to make what few plays there will be, I don't see a lot of scoring from either team possibly going extra innings and getting to the bullpen before anybody crosses home. 2-1 Beech in 9 innings

QUOTE(cubman01 @ Apr 8 2007 - 07:47 PM) 826432615[/snapback]Frey may not throw mid-90's but he is very close to the low 90's with really great off speed pitch. I think both of these young men are outstanding high school pitchers with a great future ahead them. This will be a pitcher duel with little for mistakes, I know Smyrna has some really good hitters but Beech has probably a little more depth on that side. Both defenses will have to make what few plays there will be, I don't see a lot of scoring from either team possibly going extra innings and getting to the bullpen before anybody crosses home. 2-1 Beech in 9 innings

What releveirs do these teams have...i know beech has two solid in meadows and townley...what else does the bulldog bullpin have to offer? tomorrow is the big day well find out