East Substate

I believe the Trotters are for real! They won the Cleveland Blitz tournament playing up in the 13U division, and their only loss this year was to the Alabama Twisters at the Super regional in Murfreesboro. I know they have two new coaches this year and both of them are former Lady Vol basketball players and have both coached in High Schools. I think they are the team to watch this year at the 12U state tournament!

QUOTE(bballrebounder @ Apr 7 2007 - 12:10 AM) 826431760[/snapback]I believe the Trotters are for real! They won the Cleveland Blitz tournament playing up in the 13U division, and their only loss this year was to the Alabama Twisters at the Super regional in Murfreesboro. I know they have two new coaches this year and both of them are former Lady Vol basketball players and have both coached in High Schools. I think they are the team to watch this year at the 12U state tournament!

Who are the coaches?

QUOTE(Turtle @ Apr 15 2007 - 03:10 PM) 826438013[/snapback]Who are the coaches?

The head coach is Suzanne (Barbre) Singleton and the assistant is Sue (don't know her maiden name) Martin. Suzanne started coaching at Morristown West High for a couple of years and coached for 14 years at Maryville High School. They both played at U.T. in the late 1970's. By the way, congratulations to the Trotters for finishing 2nd in the 14 U division at the Dragon Classic in Clinton this past weekend.For 7th graders to do that well against freshmen is a great accomplishment!

QUOTE(bballrebounder @ Apr 16 2007 - 11:17 PM) 826439057[/snapback]The head coach is Suzanne (Barbre) Singleton and the assistant is Sue (don't know her maiden name) Martin. Suzanne started coaching at Morristown West High for a couple of years and coached for 14 years at Maryville High School. They both played at U.T. in the late 1970's. By the way, congratulations to the Trotters for finishing 2nd in the 14 U division at the Dragon Classic in Clinton this past weekend.For 7th graders to do that well against freshmen is a great accomplishment!

Those ladies are a class act! They gave us all we could handle and for that matter all we couldn't! Their girls shoot the three well and really respond to their coaches. Alot of coaches are knowledgeable, but can't get the players to respond. That's not the case with this team.

Yes, we do have four ninth graders with the rest in 8th. However, the bottom line is those girls can play!! I look for them to do well down the road. The Trotters are an organization that are well run and respected.

• 2 weeks later...

QUOTE(TNTOPDAWG @ Apr 17 2007 - 02:32 PM) 826439558[/snapback]Those ladies are a class act! They gave us all we could handle and for that matter all we couldn't! Their girls shoot the three well and really respond to their coaches. Alot of coaches are knowledgeable, but can't get the players to respond. That's not the case with this team.

Yes, we do have four ninth graders with the rest in 8th. However, the bottom line is those girls can play!! I look for them to do well down the road. The Trotters are an organization that are well run and respected.

TNTOPDAWG what happened to yalls other little point guard #3? I didnt see her playing in the substate is she hurt or what?