West vs Bearden

winner123

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(winner123 @ Apr 7 2007 - 02:41 PM) 826431890[/snapback]Ok guys, i've heard a lot about this game coming up tuesday. But who do you all think will win?

I've only seen Bearden, but have heard alot of info on West. The game is at west if I'm not mistaken which lends a hand to West and their dangerous throwins in the attacking third. But bearden also has some boys who can fling it on to the back post. I know both teams have some great talent, but I think Bearden brings the intangibles of winning a few games late with some clutch plays so I see this one being close but the experience of gutting out some wins giving the edge to Bearden. I say 3-1.

I also think walkers distribution for bearden could be really dangerous on a football sized field. Good luck to both squads. Wish I could see this one.

I think both teams have some "strange" weapons. West has a kid that can sling the ball on a throw in, but I think Bearden's keeper is just as effective of an offensive weapon. Did anyone see him assist on the goal against Catholic? He can drop kick it a mile! I think having a keeper who can punt it that far makes opposing defenses jittery and anxious, but the same goes with that kid from West that can throw it a mile. I agree with akula though; Bearden seems to have that extra something that helps them prevail in big games. I say Bearden 2-1.

QUOTE(dins8 @ Apr 7 2007 - 02:24 PM) 826431926[/snapback]Is West's center midfielder out with an ankle injury? Interested to hear how Big G predicts this one. His team has faced both sides--Bearden in the pre-season I believe.

Cody is back, but they're defensive mid just broke his collar bone. Some unlucky work for the rebels this year it seems like.

Playing on West's field will impact the game(not just the short sidelines, but the slope by the sidelines), but if I remember correctly, Bearden can throw a ball pretty far, too. I just think that West does it better... Tanner is a weapon.

Bearden is a VERY good defensive team (I think one of the best in TN). West seemed to attack from the flanks (which is what Bearden gives) so it could be a toss up. Bearden has a lot of depth, and almost unlimited subs. Walker can drop kick that ball a mile, so this will play in with the field as well. Both coaches know what they are doing, and I have a lot of respect for each program.

Saying all of this, I give the small edge to Bearden, based on defensive game plan, counter attack and depth. West has a way of keeping these things close or even pulling ahead, though. I call Bearden by one scored at the very end of the game.

I think it is time for West to show what they have tonight and come out big and pull the upset, some would say its not an upset but anytime West beats Bearden i just think of it as one so dont take offense West fans.This also means that Bearden will come out FIRED UP vs Farragut Friday so watch out Farragut players!