14AA District games for Monday/Tuesday

JoseWales

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(purpletigers @ Apr 10 2007 - 11:10 AM) 826433910[/snapback]First of all Ripley killed themself with errors. On the other hand you could clearly tell who the umps were in favor of. Ripley could not get the strike @ the knees @ all USj got every call @ the knees. These kids have been taught that since they were in dixie to pitch @ the knees. So when our pitcher has to grove each pitch to get a strike sure you will get more hits.

For the fly ball hit to left when the player stood up he seen the ump give the out signal which in every game I have ever seen is a clinch fist which he did weather he caught it or not.

About the fans cursing I didn't hear any,but thats not to say there wasn't any. When USJ comes to Ripley they will get a Fair game from these officals here for sure.

Every time we have had the guy behind the plate @ USJ we have had the same thing favortism.

Worst Officating @ a High School Game I ever saw.

You know I was at the game and don't remember any problems with the umps UNTIL USJ started pulling away. Funny how losing a game will bring out the worst in the umps!!!!

QUOTE(TNSportFan1 @ Apr 10 2007 - 09:53 PM) 826434533[/snapback]i agree with everything you said in your post ........by the look of both of theses games it really wouldn't have mattered what kind of umpires the 2 teams had ripley was simply over matched ...usj did what was expected of them to do with a team like ripley, it was not surpising

I don't mean to beat a dead dog to death, but I just happened to notice in another post that has since been locked that you reference "with a team like Ripley". I wish you would elaborate a little more. I don't like the way that sounds, and I'm trying to figure out exactly what you are trying to get at.

QUOTE(deergirl @ Apr 13 2007 - 12:44 PM) 826436815[/snapback]I don't mean to beat a dead dog to death, but I just happened to notice in another post that has since been locked that you reference "with a team like Ripley". I wish you would elaborate a little more. I don't like the way that sounds, and I'm trying to figure out exactly what you are trying to get at.

DG, I can't speak for TNSportFan1, but I do have a question for ya. Can you tell any details about the game last night, who pitched, who hit, any errors, close game, how each team played, etc...? Who's pitching tonight? Thx! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

QUOTE(jusdontno @ Apr 13 2007 - 01:17 PM) 826436848[/snapback]Any further updates on Zach Lewis? Is he a junior or a senior this year?

Zach is a junior. Last I heard he was maybe able to return by the post season. Nothing torn,just strained bad. Very lucky. This info is a few days old though, maybe someone has new info.

QUOTE(JoseWales @ Apr 13 2007 - 12:17 PM) 826436849[/snapback]DG, I can't speak for TNSportFan1, but I do have a question for ya. Can you tell any details about the game last night, who pitched, who hit, any errors, close game, how each team played, etc...? Who's pitching tonight? Thx! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Last night, Senior Miller Scoggins pitched. Again, errors, errors, and more errors. I believe at least 6 errors were made last night. Dyer County hit the ball extremely well. Ripley actually outhit Dyer County, but that was not reflected in the final score. Team seemed to be a bit down, in my estimation. I believe that Allen Hargett is scheduled to pitch tonight, if the game is played. I hope the Tigers are able to bounce back--Covington is next Monday and Tuesday. If the Ripley Tigers cannot get "UP" for the game with Covington, they will not ever get up. GO TIGERS!

QUOTE(deergirl @ Apr 13 2007 - 12:44 PM) 826436815[/snapback]I don't mean to beat a dead dog to death, but I just happened to notice in another post that has since been locked that you reference "with a team like Ripley". I wish you would elaborate a little more. I don't like the way that sounds, and I'm trying to figure out exactly what you are trying to get at.

Deer Girl I would not pay too much attention to what some of these people say on here,because several of them don't know the difference between a football and a baseball. I can say without a doubt Ripley can play with any team around. Ripley has been in a slump since Monday's let down against USJ.

It's not over yet we still have several games left and when Zach gets well it also will make a big difference he brings alot more than pitching to the team.

QUOTE(deergirl @ Apr 13 2007 - 01:31 PM) 826436863[/snapback]Last night, Senior Miller Scoggins pitched. Again, errors, errors, and more errors. I believe at least 6 errors were made last night. Dyer County hit the ball extremely well. Ripley actually outhit Dyer County, but that was not reflected in the final score. Team seemed to be a bit down, in my estimation. I believe that Allen Hargett is scheduled to pitch tonight, if the game is played. I hope the Tigers are able to bounce back--Covington is next Monday and Tuesday. If the Ripley Tigers cannot get "UP" for the game with Covington, they will not ever get up. GO TIGERS!

I would say that the Ripley/Covington game will be a good one. As I recently heard someone say, it does not matter if one is undefeated and the other is winless, they both get up for the game.

Tonight's game with Dyer Co. should be a little closer as well, considering the game is home for Ripley, although Dyer Co is having a very good year so far. I'm sure they plan on bringing it. Good luck.

QUOTE(JoseWales @ Apr 13 2007 - 01:45 PM) 826436918[/snapback]I would say that the Ripley/Covington game will be a good one. As I recently heard someone say, it does not matter if one is undefeated and the other is winless, they both get up for the game.

Tonight's game with Dyer Co. should be a little closer as well, considering the game is home for Ripley, although Dyer Co is having a very good year so far. I'm sure they plan on bringing it. Good luck.

Ripley beat Covington last night in Ripley with a score of 8-0. Allen Hargett pitched. The Tigers will travel to Covington tonight to play them again at 7:00 p.m. GO TIGERS!

QUOTE(deergirl @ Apr 17 2007 - 09:05 AM) 826439260[/snapback]Ripley beat Covington last night in Ripley with a score of 8-0. Allen Hargett pitched. The Tigers will travel to Covington tonight to play them again at 7:00 p.m. GO TIGERS!

Congrats to the Tigers on a big district win. Who is pitching tonight?

Be prepared, everyone is a little tougher at home.

Has the Dyer county rain out game been rescheduled?