4-3a

shs796

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fbb Posted Yesterday, 09:21 PM

i was the center for sycamore last year and roger gaines is not that good the only thing that he has going for him is his size and that is it. first of all he is SLOW!!! he has HORRIBLE feet. he gets tired after 1 play. and he stands straight up when i fires off the football so to me he is not one of the best 3 linemen in the region

1) markesse osbourne #56 pearl cohn

2) david lane #79 sycamore

3) logan judkins #76 sycamore

I'm going 2 show rodge this, so if I were u I would tell ur friends @ sycamore 2 be very prepared when yall play WH, and if u didn't know that same guy u r calling slow and has terrible feet was named all-state in basketball this year, and led us 2 the state tourney

wow basketball and football are two totally diffrent sports...its pretty easy to sit under a basket as tall as he is and not even have to jump (which i doubt he can do) and bank it off the glass every time... gaines didnt even make the all region team in football last year if im not mistaken... but ousbourne from pearl cohn and david lane from sycamore did.

QUOTE(fbb @ Apr 22 2007 - 02:01 PM) 826442871[/snapback]wow basketball and football are two totally diffrent sports...its pretty easy to sit under a basket as tall as he is and not even have to jump (which i doubt he can do) and bank it off the glass every time... gaines didnt even make the all region team in football last year if im not mistaken... but ousbourne from pearl cohn and david lane from sycamore did.

have you ever seen gaines play basketball he doesn't sit under basket he moves from under the basket to shoot the three and to pass the ball to wide open player for 2 points

QUOTE(fbb @ Apr 22 2007 - 09:08 PM) 826443068[/snapback]yea ive seen him play...but he missed every three the game i seen him play..but this is abpout how good he is in football not basketball ok buddy

yeah he is still better in football then most people think on here

QUOTE(timbdp @ Apr 22 2007 - 09:37 PM) 826443137[/snapback]yeah he is still better in football then most people think on here

Hey Tim.

FWIW. 6-6, 340lbs. OL/DL. "Much more athletic than he first would appear to be. Quick feet for someone his size. Good balance. Seems like he needs to come off the ball with more explosion. Can't tell if he is unsure of his assignment or not being aggressive. Nice long arms, needs to come off the ball lower, and explode upwards, locking those arms out so that he can maximize his physical talent. Stop leaning. No doubt he has the size to get serious consideration from mid major D1 programs, and perhaps consideration from BCS type programs. Will need to do well @ a few camps during the summer prior to his Sr. year. Folks will want to see him in person before offering. Always nice to see how a kid like that moves in person, as well as seeing them in the weight room. Specifically, the power clean." Tim, that was not about Rodgers Gaines. Could have been though. It was attempting to give information on a OL/DL @ 3A State Power Fulton. For some of the reasons above, as well as others, no D1 offers. He graduates in May, 2007.

ruse?

QUOTE(ruse? @ Apr 23 2007 - 01:34 PM) 826443514[/snapback]Hey Tim.

FWIW. 6-6, 340lbs. OL/DL. "Much more athletic than he first would appear to be. Quick feet for someone his size. Good balance. Seems like he needs to come off the ball with more explosion. Can't tell if he is unsure of his assignment or not being aggressive. Nice long arms, needs to come off the ball lower, and explode upwards, locking those arms out so that he can maximize his physical talent. Stop leaning. No doubt he has the size to get serious consideration from mid major D1 programs, and perhaps consideration from BCS type programs. Will need to do well @ a few camps during the summer prior to his Sr. year. Folks will want to see him in person before offering. Always nice to see how a kid like that moves in person, as well as seeing them in the weight room. Specifically, the power clean." Tim, that was not about Rodgers Gaines. Could have been though. It was attempting to give information on a OL/DL @ 3A State Power Fulton. For some of the reasons above, as well as others, no D1 offers. He graduates in May, 2007.

ruse?

You are either talking about #99 Hamilton or #72 Higgins but I can't figure out which one /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

In any event BOTH OF THOSE GUYS ARE BETTER FOOTBALL PLAYERS THAN GAINES!!!!!

QUOTE(Big Country @ Apr 23 2007 - 08:45 PM) 826443813[/snapback]You are either talking about #99 Hamilton or #72 Higgins but I can't figure out which one /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

In any event BOTH OF THOSE GUYS ARE BETTER FOOTBALL PLAYERS THAN GAINES!!!!!

Big Country.

Close sir. Charles Wiley-Gatewood. "Little" brother of Wiley Gatewood that was playing for Pat Summit, before transferring to Maryland. Family actually moved here from Cali. when she enrolled @ UT. As a Jr. he was listed as 6-6, 330. As a Sr, 6-6, 317. He seemed closer to 340 IMO. Gaines, on film looks/plays very much like him. You're right about Higgins and Hammilton. That's what DL ran up against in the 2nd half of the championship. Higgins (6-3, 285) and Gatewood, with Hammilton (6-1, 290) playing Fullback, and Rogan running the ball. Additionally, the Center, other OG, OT were all 270+. Even with Lipmscomb's DL, LBs playing tough, fast, well leveraged gap responsibility football, they got worn down a bit. No disrespect intended. As good as Alcoa was with Sykes, Hicks, etc, I watched the same happen to them.