Knox County Rezoning Plan

ruse?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(LEONARDSLOSERS @ Apr 15 2007 - 09:12 AM) 826437804[/snapback]ruse?

I would not count on AC and Seymour to be in 3A next time. Both have numbers going out the roof. If AC is made to count its vocational program they will be at the middle or upper level of 4A. Lenoir City will probably find themselves in 5A, but I think the two classification rule will keep that from happening. If Upper East Tn coaches band together like I've heard they are you will find a different 1-3A and 2-3A region. With the addition of students to Knox West from rezoning, they might be going to 5A as well.

Well, hello there Mr. Unapproved Website.

All is fair in love, war, and website promotion until otherwise federally regulated.

Seymour. Yep, you're right. AC won't have to count Vocation #s. I think you are right about LC as well. Not really sure about Knox West tipping to 5A although it is possible depending on where the Hardin Valley kids decide to suit up. If the coaches that are in place in Upper ET stay in place, I believe you will be right about 1 & 2 3A as well.

QUOTE(ruse? @ Apr 16 2007 - 08:59 AM) 826438503[/snapback]Well, hello there Mr. Unapproved Website.

All is fair in love, war, and website promotion until otherwise federally regulated.

Seymour. Yep, you're right. AC won't have to count Vocation #s. I think you are right about LC as well. Not really sure about Knox West tipping to 5A although it is possible depending on where the Hardin Valley kids decide to suit up. If the coaches that are in place in Upper ET stay in place, I believe you will be right about 1 & 2 3A as well.

how come every school that offers vocational don`t do the same thing a.c.? how exactly does that work ?

QUOTE(writin_on_the wall @ Apr 16 2007 - 10:54 AM) 826438598[/snapback]how come every school that offers vocational don`t do the same thing a.c.? how exactly does that work ?

Think of it this way. ACCTC (vocational school) is just a building. It has technical and vocational teachers who serve Anderson County High and Clinton High. ACHS has their students and Clinton has their students. Both schools send students to classes there at different times during the day. If you counted the number of students who are in first block classes at ACCTC, you would have to deduct that number from ACHS and Clinton, depending on how many come from each school. Is this a better explanation?

QUOTE(Turtle @ Apr 15 2007 - 02:44 PM) 826438000[/snapback]Today it stated in the KNS that AE will be the only school that moves classifications. With that said, I say, "BRING IT ON" IF AE plays Maryville towards the end the season I believe, noticed I said BELIEVE, AE can hang if not beat Maryville. This is my opinion, and I will stick with it. Maryville is beatable.

I'm jest glad that my Mairvul boyz will bee movin to 5A to escape dem Roadrunners and the curse of the Turtle. /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

The issue on Vocational Schools. Knox County also sends kids to different schools for Vocational. Such as Byinton-Solway serves kids from Powell and Karns. Kids from Halls and Gibbs do the same with North Knox Vocational. The difference is the kids that come from those schools are counted as students from those schools. I'm not sure that Lenior City, AC, or Clinton do that. I was told by a coach at LC that that is how they managed to stay in 3A for so many years. The growth of West Knoxville moving that direction has put a tremendous amount of kids in the Loudon Co. School system. Which has caused the huge growth of LC high School. Having both Voc school and Academic School seperate still has kept them out of a higher classification. They should probably be in 5A. If they had not seperated the school into a voc/academic schools.

QUOTE(LEONARDSLOSERS @ Apr 18 2007 - 08:39 AM) 826440213[/snapback]The issue on Vocational Schools. Knox County also sends kids to different schools for Vocational. Such as Byinton-Solway serves kids from Powell and Karns. Kids from Halls and Gibbs do the same with North Knox Vocational. The difference is the kids that come from those schools are counted as students from those schools. I'm not sure that Lenior City, AC, or Clinton do that. I was told by a coach at LC that that is how they managed to stay in 3A for so many years. The growth of West Knoxville moving that direction has put a tremendous amount of kids in the Loudon Co. School system. Which has caused the huge growth of LC high School. Having both Voc school and Academic School seperate still has kept them out of a higher classification. They should probably be in 5A. If they had not seperated the school into a voc/academic schools.

You may not know, but I do. AC does not hide students at the Anderson County vocational school. They are going to turn every student they have into the state because it means money.

QUOTE(ruse? @ Apr 13 2007 - 03:22 PM) 826436934[/snapback]Is this the old or new boorelly?

I would say that with that new staff he has, most of that won't matter. Sleeper team of the year in 3A (state-wide) will be AE. Book it!

I guess you can call me the new one. I was with the old boorelly, baa baa and coop when they started on coacht in 2000 that is why we all know the code. The old boorelly I think is on the east coast now. I know he was in fort somethng in washington state. then went across seas. But from what i hear he is back in the states. He probably would post more for oak ridge or alcoa now that stevens is there. but he is a graham fan. He played against us in little leagues. It was just a matter of time. Stevens said one time that he should have gotten rid of those guys when he knew he was leaving. But Stevens did say Graham will do it in time. Talked to AD said they interviewed another coach from New Orleans. He was a former head coach for a private school. His wife has moved recently to area. He currently is the dean of the school and retiring from coaching. He wants to come and teach and coach without all the responsibility. He met Graham at a coaching clinic and liked him a lot. Coincidentally his wife was transferred to east tennessee. The coach from Memphis Ridgeway graham is trying to get name is Robert Gillard.

First of all I doubt AE will get 300+ students. Also AE actual numbers are a lot lower than advertised. AE actually could be 2A team if you take the actual numbers. But if the increase is over a certain percentage theystill would have to move up.

Also AE, Oak Ridge, Maryvlle, Alcoa and now add Fulton traditionally are the programs of East Tennessee. But like someone said AE is not scared but Maryville right now are the Kings. Ae can say they have beaten Fulton. Fulton can say they have beaten Alcoa. Alcoa can say they have beaten Fulton. But none of them can say they have beaten MHS. Until then they are the Kings of East Tennessee (Tennessee) football. I know as a fan I would love to watch MHS play any of those teams. Oh Yeah add Ooltewah, Kingsport, Catholic, and Webb.

QUOTE(LEONARDSLOSERS @ Apr 19 2007 - 07:24 AM) 826440896[/snapback]oskie,

When they were in 4A years ago were they playing up, or did their numbers decrease by alot?

AC has always been on the bubble. If you look at the numbers the last couple of reclassifications AC has either been one of the smallest 4A or largest 3A schools. The last time we were 965. I believe the time before that we were 980. This year we are 1050. The numbers havn't changed that much. AC has been around 950 to 1050 students the last 10-15 years. AC is projected to go to 1123 next year. So I look for a move back to 4A.