Pitchers throwing too many innings

eaglefan85

QUOTE(eaglefan85 @ Apr 13 2007 - 11:43 AM) 826436746[/snapback]What do you think about coaches that over use high school pitchers? Example; Pigeon Forge had a kid that threw a complete 10 inning game about 2 weeks ago. Coach stated in local paper that he only threw something like 100-105 pitches. People in attendence said he threw at least 150 pitches of not over 200. Any thoughts?

One of the worst cases I have ever seen just happened at a local school . There is a DAD coaching a local freshman team. They have a pitcher that throws pretty consistant at 86 mph as a freshman , not his son. This young man has a chance to play at the next level. This DADDY COACH pitches this young man 7-innings 120 pitches. The next night throws this young man 3- innings around 30 pitches brings him back the next night for 2-innings for 15 pitches. This is were coaches need to be on the field and parents need to be in the stands.Oh did I fail to mention that this DADS son is below average and never comes out of the game. See the big picture !!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(eaglefan85 @ Apr 13 2007 - 11:43 AM) 826436746[/snapback]What do you think about coaches that over use high school pitchers? Example; Pigeon Forge had a kid that threw a complete 10 inning game about 2 weeks ago. Coach stated in local paper that he only threw something like 100-105 pitches. People in attendence said he threw at least 150 pitches of not over 200. Any thoughts?

Tyner High had a pitcher throws BOTH games of a double-header, isn't that a violation of TSSAA rules? Isn't there a rule about innings pitched verses days off?

QUOTE(billybuck @ Apr 13 2007 - 10:59 AM) 826436762[/snapback]Tough Call. As a kid he may feel that his arm feels good but it could hurt him in the long run but what does he do? Tell the coach to pull him? A high school coach should be trying to prepare his kids for the next level and not hurt them in the process. Winning championships is a great thing but a high school coaches first goal should be to try and develop kids to go to the next level. Unfortunatley that is not the case in most schools.

how many kids from your school go to the next level each year??? how many never play past high school?? is this the HS coaches fault? I think not, talent gets you to the next level

QUOTE(putboobieincoach @ Apr 14 2007 - 03:01 PM) 826437521[/snapback]i heard that a kid i think his name was harper i think he plays for clarksville pitched at least 150 pitches against dickson in a 9 inning ball game. anyone here bout this???

so what? 150 ptiches is okay every once in a while... next thing you know, we'll limit guys to 75 pitches, maybe he can go 5 innings or so...

QUOTE(grimkey @ Apr 26 2007 - 10:26 AM) 826445849[/snapback]Tyner High had a pitcher throws BOTH games of a double-header, isn't that a violation of TSSAA rules? Isn't there a rule about innings pitched verses days off?

You can only throw ten innings in a two day span. i.e. 7 one day and three the next, or 5 and then 5, etc..

QUOTE(3-6-3 @ Apr 26 2007 - 09:30 AM) 826445853[/snapback]how many kids from your school go to the next level each year??? how many never play past high school?? is this the HS coaches fault? I think not, talent gets you to the next level

so what? 150 ptiches is okay every once in a while... next thing you know, we'll limit guys to 75 pitches, maybe he can go 5 innings or so...

I did not say it was the coaches fault if the kid does not go to the next level. I just said a coaches job is to TRY and develop them to do that if that is thier goal. How can anyone say that a kids arm cannot be overused. If it is thier last year and the season is on the line I would throw to and did. I am not blaming coaches for kids getting to the next level I am one.

QUOTE(catsbackr @ Apr 26 2007 - 10:15 AM) 826445838[/snapback]So, what's your point? Did this kid's arm fall off or what happened?

Are you kidding me. That kid could have been seriously injured. Remember I said he is a freshman. Leave it to this coach he may never play high school baseball.

QUOTE(billybuck @ Apr 26 2007 - 11:12 AM) 826445891[/snapback]I did not say it was the coaches fault if the kid does not go to the next level. I just said a coaches job is to TRY and develop them to do that if that is thier goal. How can anyone say that a kids arm cannot be overused. If it is thier last year and the season is on the line I would throw to and did. I am not blaming coaches for kids getting to the next level I am one.

Great job Billybuck , you are 100 percent correct. They do need to try to develop these players and not tare their arm off.

QUOTE(sluggo5 @ Apr 26 2007 - 10:29 AM) 826445907[/snapback]Are you kidding me. That kid could have been seriously injured. Remember I said he is a freshman. Leave it to this coach he may never play high school baseball.

OK, I'll try one more time.

WHAT HAPPENED TO THIS KID? WAS HE INJURED?

Just a simple question, sluggo.

QUOTE(catsbackr @ Apr 26 2007 - 12:14 PM) 826445947[/snapback]OK, I'll try one more time.

WHAT HAPPENED TO THIS KID? WAS HE INJURED?

Just a simple question, sluggo.

Nothing major this time just alot os soreness.I can see you dont have a clue about pitching.