The Countdown Begins...

QUOTE(FCSprideatUT @ Jun 11 2007 - 07:19 PM) 826473978[/snapback]First and foremost, you ignored the Fact that the same thing happens at Marryville and Alcoa. Nice little hoop for you to jump through....

Second and less important to anyone but a Mt. Pleasant fan, is that you know first hand what it is like to have a program who has alot of success and have an influx of student/athletes who want to attend your schools, Namely Ju-Ju. How is it you continue to say that no public schools ever have kids come to play sports for them when it has just happened at your own school??

I asked around and he actually moved to Mt. Pleasant. He doesnt drive back and forth to Columbia or out MP's zone. The last I looked if you live in Mt. Pleasant you are suppose to go to school there. Unless a private tries to come get ya.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(MPHSTIGERS87 @ Jun 11 2007 - 08:12 PM) 826473997[/snapback]I asked around and he actually moved to Mt. Pleasant. He doesnt drive back and forth to Columbia or out MP's zone. The last I looked if you live in Mt. Pleasant you are suppose to go to school there. Unless a private tries to come get ya.

Oh, so if Rickaway jr. (no such person just saying) were to move near FCS then it would be perfectly fine for him to attend there??

QUOTE(MPHSTIGERS87 @ Jun 11 2007 - 08:12 PM) 826473997[/snapback]I asked around and he actually moved to Mt. Pleasant. He doesnt drive back and forth to Columbia or out MP's zone. The last I looked if you live in Mt. Pleasant you are suppose to go to school there. Unless a private tries to come get ya.

We've had this discussion ... there are definitely out of county students at MP.

QUOTE(tnsddeveloper @ Jun 12 2007 - 08:01 AM) 826474140[/snapback]We've had this discussion ... there are definitely out of county students at MP.

Every public has a tuition rate they can charge if an out of county student wants to go to their school. Its rare, but it happens. Typically, if a family doesnt like the public they are zoned to and can afford tuition, they find a private close by.

QUOTE(FCSprideatUT @ Jun 11 2007 - 11:41 PM) 826474087[/snapback]Oh, so if Rickaway jr. (no such person just saying) were to move near FCS then it would be perfectly fine for him to attend there??

FCS, I have asked around and I think I have this straight. Lets say an 8th grader in a different middle school (columbia) wants to attend MP they can with permission from the board of education. They have to be approved first. They are now legally able to play their freshman year. If a freshman from Spring Hill or Columbia wants to play for MP and keep there same home address, they have to sit out a years time before they are able to play in a sport. However if they move into the MP zone and can validate a real change of address they are legally able to play immediatly. So this Ju-Ju kid you keep bring up isnt a transfer that has to sit out a year, his family actually moved into MP. I guess my question is how do privates work out there transfers?

QUOTE(BackinTN @ Jun 12 2007 - 08:15 AM) 826474155[/snapback]Every public has a tuition rate they can charge if an out of county student wants to go to their school. Its rare, but it happens. Typically, if a family doesnt like the public they are zoned to and can afford tuition, they find a private close by.

We don't take out of county kids in Smith County. There is no tuition.

QUOTE(MPHSTIGERS87 @ Jun 12 2007 - 08:16 AM) 826474156[/snapback]FCS, I have asked around and I think I have this straight. Lets say an 8th grader in a different middle school (columbia) wants to attend MP they can with permission from the board of education. They have to be approved first. They are now legally able to play their freshman year. If a freshman from Spring Hill or Columbia wants to play for MP and keep there same home address, they have to sit out a years time before they are able to play in a sport. However if they move into the MP zone and can validate a real change of address they are legally able to play immediatly. So this Ju-Ju kid you keep bring up isnt a transfer that has to sit out a year, his family actually moved into MP. I guess my question is how do privates work out there transfers?

Actually this is wrong ... I just called the Maury Co. schools office. Any student in the county can file for a variance to attend any high school at any time with a valid reason. That variance is heard by the school board for approval. Any good, valid reason works per the nice lady I spoke to ... most often that there is a class offered at one school that is not offered at another. You don't have to live within the county either. You can pay a fee to attend the schools in county. She sited Spring Hill as the best example due to the proximity to the county line and the rest of Spring Hill proper located in Williamson Co.

After that if it is a transfer of an athlete without a change of address, then T$$AA rules kick in. No valid change of address (or a more complicated petition to the TSSAA) then no play for one calendar year from date of last participation from preceding school. Transfers to privates must follow this same rule. I can name at least 4 different kids that were big contributors to the football and baseball teams at FCS that sat out entire years at FCS after their transfers. They paid the price.

QUOTE(tnsddeveloper @ Jun 12 2007 - 08:29 AM) 826474164[/snapback]Actually this is wrong ... I just called the Maury Co. schools office. Any student in the county can file for a variance to attend any high school at any time with a valid reason. That variance is heard by the school board for approval. Any good, valid reason works per the nice lady I spoke to ... most often that there is a class offered at one school that is not offered at another. You don't have to live within the county either. You can pay a fee to attend the schools in county. She sited Spring Hill as the best example due to the proximity to the county line and the rest of Spring Hill proper located in Williamson Co.

After that if it is a transfer of an athlete without a change of address, then T$$AA rules kick in. No valid change of address (or a more complicated petition to the TSSAA) then no play for one calendar year from date of last participation from preceding school. Transfers to privates must follow this same rule. I can name at least 4 different kids that were big contributors to the football and baseball teams at FCS that sat out entire years at FCS after their transfers. They paid the price.

Minus the class thing thats pretty much what I said. LOL. I never mentioned a class option I was talking sports!

I cannot imagine anyone paying money to attend Spring Hill High School.

QUOTE(tnsddeveloper @ Jun 12 2007 - 08:29 AM) 826474164[/snapback]Actually this is wrong ... I just called the Maury Co. schools office. Any student in the county can file for a variance to attend any high school at any time with a valid reason. That variance is heard by the school board for approval. Any good, valid reason works per the nice lady I spoke to ... most often that there is a class offered at one school that is not offered at another. You don't have to live within the county either. You can pay a fee to attend the schools in county. She sited Spring Hill as the best example due to the proximity to the county line and the rest of Spring Hill proper located in Williamson Co.

QUOTE(MPHSTIGERS87 @ Jun 12 2007 - 08:16 AM) 826474156[/snapback]I guess my question is how do privates work out there transfers?

Well lets see. If a student wishes to attend Friendship Christian school then they must first take a test to see if the get in. This test includes a 40 yard dash, Squat, Bench Press, Catching Ability, Throwing ablity. The test was basically stolen from the NFL combine.

If they do get in to FCS, their reward is to pay a nice fee of a few thousand dollars a year. In the case of students who have already played a sport at a previous school, they must sit out the same number of games they played at their old school (up to a year). A few football examples would be Jon Miller (QB), Brant Alsup (DB/LB) and Beau Baker (K). Jon had attended FCS since second grade, left in 5th grade i believe, and returned his sophmore year (sat the pine the entire year wearing Blue jeans and a green jersey). Alsup got the same color jersey to wear with his blue jeans as he had to sit the pine for a year as well.

So the way i look at it, if Mt. Pleasant has a kid, say a star linebacker (ju-ju) who played at his old high school and is comming in and able to imediately play at his new high school that is an advantage that Mt. Pleasant has over a private. After all, if he came to FCS, TCA, JCS, or Zion Christian he would have been rewarded with a nice bill and a piece of the pine specifically for him. Not a free trip through school and a starting position.

Even if FCS did recruit players, they wouldn't kick in until next season because if a single one plays then FCS instantly forfeits.

QUOTE(FCSprideatUT @ Jun 13 2007 - 12:27 AM) 826474495[/snapback]Well lets see. If a student wishes to attend Friendship Christian school then they must first take a test to see if the get in. This test includes a 40 yard dash, Squat, Bench Press, Catching Ability, Throwing ablity. The test was basically stolen from the NFL combine.

If they do get in to FCS, their reward is to pay a nice fee of a few thousand dollars a year. In the case of students who have already played a sport at a previous school, they must sit out the same number of games they played at their old school (up to a year). A few football examples would be Jon Miller (QB), Brant Alsup (DB/LB) and Beau Baker (K). Jon had attended FCS since second grade, left in 5th grade i believe, and returned his sophmore year (sat the pine the entire year wearing Blue jeans and a green jersey). Alsup got the same color jersey to wear with his blue jeans as he had to sit the pine for a year as well.

So the way i look at it, if Mt. Pleasant has a kid, say a star linebacker (ju-ju) who played at his old high school and is comming in and able to imediately play at his new high school that is an advantage that Mt. Pleasant has over a private. After all, if he came to FCS, TCA, JCS, or Zion Christian he would have been rewarded with a nice bill and a piece of the pine specifically for him. Not a free trip through school and a starting position.

Even if FCS did recruit players, they wouldn't kick in until next season because if a single one plays then FCS instantly forfeits.

You forgot to add one more part to the private transfer rule. Hypothetically speaking, a transfer can not move from say Mt. Juliet to Lebanon with a bonafide change of address and participate in a sport at FCS (if there was prior participation). There is a radius rule. Even with a change of address, if there are current students with living within that area the student is not considered to have a change of address under T$$AA rules. They would have to move further out than any other student.

QUOTE(tnsddeveloper @ Jun 13 2007 - 08:42 AM) 826474536[/snapback]You forgot to add one more part to the private transfer rule. Hypothetically speaking, a transfer can not move from say Mt. Juliet to Lebanon with a bonafide change of address and participate in a sport at FCS (if there was prior participation). There is a radius rule. Even with a change of address, if there are current students with living within that area the student is not considered to have a change of address under T$$AA rules. They would have to move further out than any other student.

You know more about it than i do