Danny Van Valkinburgh 1

Mikey Alley Dobyns-Bennett 3

Chris Penn CSAS 4

Craig Roper Tullahoma 4

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After playing 7 games now Baylor has allowed only 1 goal so far. Danny Van Valkinburgh is the goalie with 6 shutouts. However, defenders Michael Deere, Andrew Roden, Chris Wilson and Chris Clemmer have had alot to do with that. In the Grace game they did not even get a shot off.

QUOTE(mtcsbrett @ Apr 18 2007 - 10:10 AM) 826440277[/snapback]Middle Tennessee Christian School, Murfreesboro

Goals:

Dylan Hagewood 12

Clayton Mitchell 11

Assists:

Jonathan Sims 8

Dylan Hagewood 5

Clayton Mitchell 5

Justin Sims 4

Shutouts:

Leif Kixmiller 3

Brad Gibson from Chattanooga Christian has 6 shutouts.

QUOTE(CCSMAN @ Apr 18 2007 - 11:30 AM) 826440288[/snapback]Brad Gibson from Chattanooga Christian has 6 shutouts.

I know alot of goalies have alot of shutouts. Alot of it is because their defense is so strong it does not always get to the goalie. I wish there was a way to give the defenders credit for their work. Anyway,

I think it is interesting to see how many goals the goalie has allowed also. For instance the CCS goalie has 6 shutouts but has allowed 9 goals on the season so far.

QUOTE(bluelion @ Apr 18 2007 - 11:16 AM) 826440331[/snapback]I know alot of goalies have alot of shutouts. Alot of it is because their defense is so strong it does not always get to the goalie. I wish there was a way to give the defenders credit for their work. Anyway,

I think it is interesting to see how many goals the goalie has allowed also. For instance the CCS goalie has 6 shutouts but has allowed 9 goals on the season so far.

I'm with you on this one... I don't like the way that the news sentinel does their keeper stats. They rank the keepers by the numbers of saves they make. I don't think this is an accurate measurement, either. The best way to do it, is GAA (Goals Against Average) with a minimum of minutes played.

QUOTE(bluelion @ Apr 18 2007 - 12:16 PM) 826440331[/snapback]I know alot of goalies have alot of shutouts. Alot of it is because their defense is so strong it does not always get to the goalie. I wish there was a way to give the defenders credit for their work. Anyway,

very true and also who those teams have played and had shutouts against.