POLK COUNTY vs. McMINN CENTRAL

CRUTCHFIELD

QUOTE(Lovethisgame @ Apr 23 2007 - 11:19 PM) 826443862[/snapback]If Meigs beats Sequoyah again tomorrow and sweeps Tyner Thursday then Meigs wins first regardless of what either Central or Polk do the rest of the way.

Incorrect....If Central sweeps Polk they're are in a coin toss for 1st with Meigs...and if Polk and Central split they are in a coin toss with Polk for 2nd /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(lambert @ Apr 23 2007 - 10:22 PM) 826443864[/snapback]old scout you speak like a young pup. 1st show me on here where everyone said meigs was going to win the district and everyone else would be playing for second. if you can show me this info and meigs does win the district and eveyone else finishes behind them are they overrated? How can they be overrated if they do what supposedly everyone says. I am taking your facts that you stated and saying how are they overrated if they win it-----no one said they would win the state or sub state just the district according to you---so once again how are they overrated if they accomplish what everyone said they would. My credentials are simple i am a person that waits for results and then makes predictions or facts as you call them. your stating the facts according to what you saw, hello i think that is an opinion just because you think the district is down doesnt make it a fact that is an opinion we were taught that in English class. I think the bottom line is that people from polk cant stand the fact that meigs can win with sometimes inferior talent so they have to come on here and try to find fault in anything they possibly can with the tigers players, coaches, school system, etc. We have region championships in football and baseball and possibly another baseball region championship this year to prove our facts and we went straight through polk county to get them. Now i am telling you that you are wrong. It looks to me after tonights score with mcminn central that you better be worried about the chargers instead of the tigers!

Inferior talent! What Meigs teams have you been watching? Meigs has had more talent in the last 8 or 9 years than anyone around especially in baseball. I base my fact on years of baseball experience and baseball knowledge and you base yours on an English class. As for Meigs coache's, what have they done when they had very little or no talent? Nothing!! You see what kind of coach you are if you win with no talent and Baker has had plenty over the years. Winning the district outright is one thing but winning it by another team losing is another and yes everyone was saying Meigs should easily win it. As for going straight through Polk in baseball that has not been such an accomplishment until the last two years and football I don't think you want to compare records in football. Polk has beat Meigs 5 out of the last 6 years. In the playoffs Meigs has been twice 2001,2006 and lost in the 1st round both times.

I can say the district is terrible because that is a fact and if you know any baseball whatsoever you will know this is true. Polk, Meigs and Centrals record is 33-7 in the district and only two of those seven losses was to other teams in the district (Boyd, Sweetwater). The other six teams record is 18-43 in the district so you can't tell me this is a tough district if you do, I will say you need a psychiatric evaluation. As I have said earlier Central, Meigs and Polk are very evenly matched, I never said Polk was better than anyone and when I say Meigs is overrated it's based on facts and what I have seen. You act like I have said they are the worst team in the world and should not even be on the field with Central or Polk. Meigs has a good team but average when you look at the big picture or compare them to other AA baseball powerhouses and I will say the same about Polk.

QUOTE(PC#1 @ Apr 23 2007 - 10:05 PM) 826443912[/snapback]Incorrect....If Central sweeps Polk they're are in a coin toss for 1st with Meigs...and if Polk and Central split they are in a coin toss with Polk for 2nd /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Before you head back to class a little info for you. The first tiebreaker is head to head which would leave Meigs and Central still tied. The second tie breaker is run differential head to head, which would give the title to Meigs, assuming they end up tied with Central. If they were to end up tied with Polk, the title would go to Polk for the same reasons. Since Polk apparently lost to Central, it is unlikely Meigs and Polk would end up tied. NOW......get back to class.

QUOTE(TheOldScout @ Apr 24 2007 - 08:09 AM) 826444036[/snapback]Inferior talent! What Meigs teams have you been watching? Meigs has had more talent in the last 8 or 9 years than anyone around especially in baseball. I base my fact on years of baseball experience and baseball knowledge and you base yours on an English class. As for Meigs coache's, what have they done when they had very little or no talent? Nothing!! You see what kind of coach you are if you win with no talent and Baker has had plenty over the years. Winning the district outright is one thing but winning it by another team losing is another and yes everyone was saying Meigs should easily win it. As for going straight through Polk in baseball that has not been such an accomplishment until the last two years and football I don't think you want to compare records in football. Polk has beat Meigs 5 out of the last 6 years. In the playoffs Meigs has been twice 2001,2006 and lost in the 1st round both times.

I can say the district is terrible because that is a fact and if you know any baseball whatsoever you will know this is true. Polk, Meigs and Centrals record is 33-7 in the district and only two of those seven losses was to other teams in the district (Boyd, Sweetwater). The other six teams record is 18-43 in the district so you can't tell me this is a tough district if you do, I will say you need a psychiatric evaluation. As I have said earlier Central, Meigs and Polk are very evenly matched, I never said Polk was better than anyone and when I say Meigs is overrated it's based on facts and what I have seen. You act like I have said they are the worst team in the world and should not even be on the field with Central or Polk. Meigs has a good team but average when you look at the big picture or compare them to other AA baseball powerhouses and I will say the same about Polk.

Just a little correction for you so you look like you know a little about what you talk about. Meigs went to the state tourney 4 yrs ago under the direction of Coach Baker. They definately did not have the talent to go but went anyway. The football Tigers of which you speak have made the playoffs every season but 2 since 1990. They didn't always have the talent but went anyway.

QUOTE(TheOldScout @ Apr 24 2007 - 08:09 AM) 826444036[/snapback]Inferior talent! What Meigs teams have you been watching? Meigs has had more talent in the last 8 or 9 years than anyone around especially in baseball. I base my fact on years of baseball experience and baseball knowledge and you base yours on an English class. As for Meigs coache's, what have they done when they had very little or no talent? Nothing!! You see what kind of coach you are if you win with no talent and Baker has had plenty over the years. Winning the district outright is one thing but winning it by another team losing is another and yes everyone was saying Meigs should easily win it. As for going straight through Polk in baseball that has not been such an accomplishment until the last two years and football I don't think you want to compare records in football. Polk has beat Meigs 5 out of the last 6 years. In the playoffs Meigs has been twice 2001,2006 and lost in the 1st round both times.

I am going to make this as quick and painless as possible--first of all old scout you posted in an earlier post that meigs was overrated and from top to bottom were a weak hitting team and that their top 3 hitters can be pitched to rather easily now you are saying they have the best talent in the district --come on make up your mind which one is it . Second you say the football team has been to the playoffs only 2 times since 2001 which is incorrect again and then you say they didnt get out of the first round -when has your polk team gotten out of the first round? Make up your mind which useless info are you going to post next . At least get it right --Is meigs overrated or do they have the best talent ever-are they weak from top to bottom --im confused over your comments i almost would bet you are to --i dont think you even know what your saying.

QUOTE(TheOldScout @ Apr 20 2007 - 11:31 AM) 826441869[/snapback]If you have not seen Polk play then you don't need to comment! I HAVE seen nearly all the teams in the district play and after seeing Polk vs Meigs and Central vs Meigs . I would say Polk and Central are very close but Polk has a little better hitting in the bottom half of the lineup and as mentioned earlier Meigs has to be the most overrated team in the district their hitting is pretty bad and their fielding is not great either! As for stats you are claiming to be better than Polk by comparing stats from their games but yet you guys only beat Sequoyah by 1 run or was that your JV team playing? Polks stats and Centrals are virtually the same against this pitiful district and their losses were close games as was Centrals so you can't say Centrals stats are better. Those stats are good for one thing and that is to wipe with. Don't cast stones if you live in a glass house. Central's schedule is equal to Polk's, you guys don't exactly play any powerhouse teams. I hope Shaw can pitch both games against Polk since you have such confidence in him. Remember baseball is a funny game any team can beat another on any given day no matter how much better one is over the other!!

I will be nice since it seems others are after you these days. Promise not to throw any stones at your glass house. Central's number 9 hitter was 3-4 and Polk had a total of 4 hits. Oops my bad, stats are only good for wiping material. Look for my predicted headline in todays paper.

QUOTE(Mustang Fever @ Apr 24 2007 - 10:56 AM) 826444110[/snapback]Just a little correction for you so you look like you know a little about what you talk about. Meigs went to the state tourney 4 yrs ago under the direction of Coach Baker. They definately did not have the talent to go but went anyway. The football Tigers of which you speak have made the playoffs every season but 2 since 1990. They didn't always have the talent but went anyway.

Ah yes they made it in 2004 but lost in the first round to Goodpasture. If you look at talent Meigs had better talent than anyone around in baseball for long time because they have such a good little league program, I have said that before. As for football I am talking about the last 5 years. I bet if you compared the teams you would see that they had more talent than you thought, you do not go to the state without any talent.

QUOTE(lambert @ Apr 24 2007 - 11:18 AM) 826444127[/snapback]I am going to make this as quick and painless as possible--first of all old scout you posted in an earlier post that meigs was overrated and from top to bottom were a weak hitting team and that their top 3 hitters can be pitched to rather easily now you are saying they have the best talent in the district --come on make up your mind which one is it . Second you say the football team has been to the playoffs only 2 times since 2001 which is incorrect again and then you say they didnt get out of the first round -when has your polk team gotten out of the first round? Make up your mind which useless info are you going to post next . At least get it right --Is meigs overrated or do they have the best talent ever-are they weak from top to bottom --im confused over your comments i almost would bet you are to --i dont think you even know what your saying.

I said Meigs, Polk, and Central were the best three teams in the district and are pretty equal. Yes they are a weak hitting team they do not score alot of runs against good pitching, Shaw shut them down and so did Bean and Davis. Talent wise, Meigs has good athletes year in and year out you can't dispute that. Polk has not had much talent up until the last couple of years in baseball that is. Being a good athlete does not make you a great hitter. However, Meigs has had good hitters in the past and maybe this team is also good but I have seen them play four times and their performances has not been very good. I will say Garland is the best pitcher in the district IMHO. As for football I forgot they made it in 2004 and lost in the first round to Goodpasture and they have not made it to the second round since 2000, Polk has made it to the second round twice (2001,2002) I believe. It does not matter I could care less about football. Polk or Meigs will never win the state in football for obvious reasons. I can tell what pains you people and that is someone saying that they don't think Meigs is that great of a team, that is my opinion neither you or MustangSally is going to change it. I have had far more people agree than disagree including other coaches and umpires that have seen them play!!

QUOTE(mexican @ Apr 24 2007 - 11:31 AM) 826444135[/snapback]I will be nice since it seems others are after you these days. Promise not to throw any stones at your glass house. Central's number 9 hitter was 3-4 and Polk had a total of 4 hits. Oops my bad, stats are only good for wiping material. Look for my predicted headline in todays paper.

Like I have said that's baseball. The error killed Polk in the 5th with two outs that really changed the momentum of the game. I felt like Central was down a little but that error was a big spark for those guys and the 6th was awful, I think Central got really motivated and inspired when Davis came in to pitch. Why Coach Triplett made that move still puzzles me, Bean was doing a good job but with Bean lacking a little mental toughness I guess he felt like he needed to go get him. The sac bunt was played terrible by Polk but Central done a great job of execution and they deserved the win. Polk needs to stay focused for todays game. Whatever happens these games between Central, Meigs and Polk have been some great games and all the players on these teams need to be proud of how hard they fought and played every game.

Alright, as much as I hate to give McMinn Central credit. Congratulations! Britt Shaw flat out shut Polk County down but ya know, as much as Coach Tripplett likes to refer to his small ball "JUNK", where was it? One time did they play small ball and they executed. Rose got on and Qualls laid down a great sac bunt. That was it. I saw no hit and runs, no double steals, no drag bunts!! Why not?? Bunt it to Starr 15 times and nothing against him he's a great kid, but I guarantee your on 10 of the 15. Another thing, I am not criticizing one bit, but does Tripplett not believe in a change???? Polk would be so much more better if Tanner Davis was in the outfield. The kid has SPEED. He has an ARM. He can catch a FLY BALL. If he hasn't saw that Tanner could be one of the best center fielders in our area something is wrong. And say who would play short? Matt Allen, with Steven Jackson going to 2nd.

Polk has a solid team when they make the plays. I predict the Cats to come out mad over last nights out come and they beat the Chargers and I heard that if its a tie, it goes to least runs allowed which would go to Polk. If it's a coin toss, you never know. 50-50 chance.

Good Luck boys.

QUOTE(TheOldScout @ Apr 24 2007 - 12:33 PM) 826444232[/snapback]Like I have said that's baseball. The error killed Polk in the 5th with two outs that really changed the momentum of the game. I felt like Central was down a little but that error was a big spark for those guys and the 6th was awful, I think Central got really motivated and inspired when Davis came in to pitch. Why Coach Triplett made that move still puzzles me, Bean was doing a good job but with Bean lacking a little mental toughness I guess he felt like he needed to go get him. The sac bunt was played terrible by Polk but Central done a great job of execution and they deserved the win. Polk needs to stay focused for todays game. Whatever happens these games between Central, Meigs and Polk have been some great games and all the players on these teams need to be proud of how hard they fought and played every game.

Good write up SCOUT! But your right, and the tourney should be a dandy to watch.

Could Phillips possibly be the changer for Polk if they want to make a run for the Title (District/Region)??????

I think so, how bout yall?

QUOTE(CRUTCHFIELD @ Apr 24 2007 - 12:38 PM) 826444236[/snapback]Alright, as much as I hate to give McMinn Central credit. Congratulations! Britt Shaw flat out shut Polk County down but ya know, as much as Coach Tripplett likes to refer to his small ball "JUNK", where was it? One time did they play small ball and they executed. Rose got on and Qualls laid down a great sac bunt. That was it. I saw no hit and runs, no double steals, no drag bunts!! Why not?? Bunt it to Starr 15 times and nothing against him he's a great kid, but I guarantee your on 10 of the 15. Another thing, I am not criticizing one bit, but does Tripplett not believe in a change???? Polk would be so much more better if Tanner Davis was in the outfield. The kid has SPEED. He has an ARM. He can catch a FLY BALL. If he hasn't saw that Tanner could be one of the best center fielders in our area something is wrong. And say who would play short? Matt Allen, with Steven Jackson going to 2nd.

Polk has a solid team when they make the plays. I predict the Cats to come out mad over last nights out come and they beat the Chargers and I heard that if its a tie, it goes to least runs allowed which would go to Polk. If it's a coin toss, you never know. 50-50 chance.

Good Luck boys.

Hit it, bunt it, throw it, kick it, to Starr and anybody else on the field all nite long. Won't make a difference. Polk is better than last year, just not good enough. Kittens will probably score a few more runs tonite with Central throwing Aderhold, but Central will sweep.