POLK COUNTY vs. McMINN CENTRAL

CRUTCHFIELD

Central 12-2 Meigs County 12-2 Polk County 12-2

A rivalry that started many years ago but has recently been heated and hatred toward one another is being started. Tempers will flare and emotions will be running high. The Wildcat Diamond will be full with standing room only on Monday and I expect the same at Charger Field. This is #1 vs. #1, this is Cats vs. Chargers, this is RIVALRY, LIVE FOR THIS!!!!

I expect it to be Shaw vs. Bean on Monday and Aderhold vs. Beard/Phillips on Tuesday. It's been I think 4 years since Polk County beat the Chargers. Polk ended its 5 year drought vs. Meigs earlier, can that do it to Central? These two games are so important for seedings because you could go from 1st to 3rd. A split throws up a coin toss between Central/Polk and a sweep by either team throws up a coin toss between them and Meigs.

Let's try to keep this topic going and talk about the game and not get side track.

I'm calling a split. Both teams have a chance for a sweep it's just whoever comes out ready to play and is not over confident.

Go Polk!!!!

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CRUTCHFIELD @ Apr 18 2007 - 05:34 AM) 826440068[/snapback]Central 12-2 Meigs County 12-2 Polk County 12-2

A rivalry that started many years ago but has recently been heated and hatred toward one another is being started. Tempers will flare and emotions will be running high. The Wildcat Diamond will be full with standing room only on Monday and I expect the same at Charger Field. This is #1 vs. #1, this is Cats vs. Chargers, this is RIVALRY, LIVE FOR THIS!!!!

I expect it to be Shaw vs. Bean on Monday and Aderhold vs. Beard/Phillips on Tuesday. It's been I think 4 years since Polk County beat the Chargers. Polk ended its 5 year drought vs. Meigs earlier, can that do it to Central? These two games are so important for seedings because you could go from 1st to 3rd. A split throws up a coin toss between Central/Polk and a sweep by either team throws up a coin toss between them and Meigs.

Let's try to keep this topic going and talk about the game and not get side track.

I'm calling a split. Both teams have a chance for a sweep it's just whoever comes out ready to play and is not over confident.

Go Polk!!!!

I think a split between Central and Polk puts Polk in #2 seed based on region play. Boyd's record based on region play has a higher seed than sweetwater at this time. I don't know exactly how they pick but most areas go by seed. That would put Polk in second seed if they split.

If you know how they choose post it.

QUOTE(CRUTCHFIELD @ Apr 18 2007 - 05:34 AM) 826440068[/snapback]Central 12-2 Meigs County 12-2 Polk County 12-2

Go Polk!!!!

Central blew game 2 at Meigs primarily by not changing pitchers earlier. Central is a better team than Meigs. Chargers should be sitting alone on top but that's baseball. I have not seen Polk play so I can not make a fair comparison between the two. However I am familiar with most of their players and know Triplett. I can only say history favors Chargers. As you stated Wildcats have not beaten Central in a long time and I think that's as much mental as talent. I really don't see it happening this year. Chargers playing awfully well right now and I think that has alot to do with scheduling of good nondistrict opponents. Polk will have to wait till next year to advance out of district. Chargers sweep, because of much better pitching and playing great at the right time.

QUOTE(mexican @ Apr 18 2007 - 12:05 PM) 826440388[/snapback]Chargers playing awfully well right now and I think that has alot to do with scheduling of good nondistrict opponents. Polk will have to wait till next year to advance out of district. Chargers sweep, because of much better pitching and playing great at the right time.

Lets look at this Central choked at Meigs and nearly choked at home by walking the number 8 and 9 hitters with 2 outs. Another thing Meigs is not a good hitting team as a matter of fact they are terrible including the D1 player Roberts which is also a joke. Chargers nondistrict opponents is funny also I quess getting beat made them better. As far as advancing, the Chargers still have to place in the tourney the regular season means nothing. Polk is a much better hitting team than Meigs end of story!!

QUOTE(6+4+3=2 @ Apr 18 2007 - 08:39 PM) 826440610[/snapback]Lets look at this Central choked at Meigs and nearly choked at home by walking the number 8 and 9 hitters with 2 outs. Another thing Meigs is not a good hitting team as a matter of fact they are terrible including the D1 player Roberts which is also a joke. Chargers nondistrict opponents is funny also I quess getting beat made them better. As far as advancing, the Chargers still have to place in the tourney the regular season means nothing. Polk is a much better hitting team than Meigs end of story!!

So your pretty much sayin Polk is going to kill Central? Think not it will be two great games, it will come down to who has better pitching that day, and who plays better defense.

QUOTE(6+4+3=2 @ Apr 18 2007 - 06:39 PM) 826440610[/snapback]Lets look at this Central choked at Meigs and nearly choked at home by walking the number 8 and 9 hitters with 2 outs. Another thing Meigs is not a good hitting team as a matter of fact they are terrible including the D1 player Roberts which is also a joke. Chargers nondistrict opponents is funny also I quess getting beat made them better. As far as advancing, the Chargers still have to place in the tourney the regular season means nothing. Polk is a much better hitting team than Meigs end of story!!

Better put the crack pipe down before its too late. Nondistrict opponents, you do not want to go there cause you have to cross the Hiwassee Dam to get there. You do have some brain cells left, you are right about regular season means nothing. Would rather lose to good teams than take a W from Basin. As far as Polk being a better hitting team, we'll see next week. I haven't seen them play, but I am not impressed with stats against the opponents they have played. I will say this it will be a "SHAW SHUT DOWN POLK AGAIN" headline.

QUOTE(mexican @ Apr 18 2007 - 12:05 PM) 826440388[/snapback]Central blew game 2 at Meigs primarily by not changing pitchers earlier. Central is a better team than Meigs. Chargers should be sitting alone on top but that's baseball. I have not seen Polk play so I can not make a fair comparison between the two. However I am familiar with most of their players and know Triplett. I can only say history favors Chargers. As you stated Wildcats have not beaten Central in a long time and I think that's as much mental as talent. I really don't see it happening this year. Chargers playing awfully well right now and I think that has alot to do with scheduling of good nondistrict opponents. Polk will have to wait till next year to advance out of district. Chargers sweep, because of much better pitching and playing great at the right time.

Well pal, Polk beat single A power house Lookout Valley (21-4) last night. Polk won 5-3. To me they could come in 5-AA and possibly walk right through it. They have a solid team and we will be hearing about them in mid May.

QUOTE(CRUTCHFIELD @ Apr 20 2007 - 05:10 AM) 826441611[/snapback]Well pal, Polk beat single A power house Lookout Valley (21-4) last night. Polk won 5-3. To me they could come in 5-AA and possibly walk right through it. They have a solid team and we will be hearing about them in mid May.

I'm impressed!