State Champs ?

Foul Ball

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Mi Kees @ Apr 25 2007 - 08:51 PM) 826445433[/snapback]Hey now. probably just some old East Tennesse bias, but give the South Doyle Cherokees some respect. State champs x 4 years from these hills. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

SOUTH DOYLE IS A VERY GOOD TEAM, BUT BARTLETT AND OAKLAND ARE THE TWO TEAMS TO BEAT "THIS YEAR".

QUOTE(bballfan66 @ Apr 26 2007 - 07:36 AM) 826445752[/snapback]SOUTH DOYLE IS A VERY GOOD TEAM, BUT BARTLETT AND OAKLAND ARE THE TWO TEAMS TO BEAT "THIS YEAR".

I would have to put South Doyle right there with them.. With their pitching staff and the hitters they have.. Even with out Haun they will be one of the last teams in AAA still playing..

Guest inappropriate87

QUOTE(baseball100 @ Apr 25 2007 - 10:16 PM) 826445642[/snapback]LV didnt look that good in their tourny that had.

their tourny is early in their season kinda have you seen them lately? teams only get better as the year goes on. they are a pretty tuff lil ball team. they have a shot this year.

QUOTE(bballfan66 @ Apr 26 2007 - 09:36 AM) 826445752[/snapback]SOUTH DOYLE IS A VERY GOOD TEAM, BUT BARTLETT AND OAKLAND ARE THE TWO TEAMS TO BEAT "THIS YEAR".

I know Bartlett is always good. How are they doing this year? How many returned from 2006? Who has beat them and who have they beat? What players have signed D1 scholarships. I speak only for myself, but I am sure the Cherokees would love to have the oppurtunity to play Oakland or Bartlett in the state with our best against their best which usually only occurs in the state tourney. If South Doyle can weather the East Tennessee district and regionals they should be primed to play the rest of the really good Tennessee teams I think.

QUOTE(jadguitar06 @ Apr 21 2007 - 01:17 AM) 826442235[/snapback]Well lemme tell ya. Them Valley boys are gonna bring home the gold this year. Coach Dinger and that monster lineup is gonna be what puts the Jackets over the hump. Huntingdon plays a bunch of no name putzes. Can you say toughest A schedule in the state? I know I can. Third championship in LV history, since the great days of Larry Knight. OOH Yeah

So your saying that Smyrna(AAA), Lawrence County(AAA), USJ(AA) SouthSide Jackson(AA),Harpeth(AA) Hardin County(AAA) Dyer County(AA) Lexington(AA)... Are all a bunch of no name putzes?..Not Throwing Lookout Valley at all they are a good team and will probably be back at state but please dont throw huntingdon's schedule because they DO play a lot of tough teams and they have worked very hard to be where they are.

QUOTE(Mi Kees @ Apr 26 2007 - 07:14 PM) 826446254[/snapback]I know Bartlett is always good. How are they doing this year? How many returned from 2006? Who has beat them and who have they beat? What players have signed D1 scholarships. I speak only for myself, but I am sure the Cherokees would love to have the oppurtunity to play Oakland or Bartlett in the state with our best against their best which usually only occurs in the state tourney. If South Doyle can weather the East Tennessee district and regionals they should be primed to play the rest of the really good Tennessee teams I think.

I THINK BARTLETT IS 28-3. TEAMS THAT BEAT THEM ARE RIVERDALE AND A SOLID CULLMAN ALABAMA TEAM(2). TEAMS THAT THEY BEAT WERE LEXINGTON, KY (6TH IN NATION), FARRAGUT, NASHVILLE OVERTON AND EVERYONE ELSE IN WEST TN. NO PLAYERS HAVE SIGNED D1 SCHOLARSHIPS YET.... THEY ARE ALL JRS, BESIDES THE 3RD BASEMAN. COACH CLARK HAS PUT TOGETHER A TOUGH SCHEDULE FOR THIS YOUNG TEAM. THEY SHOULD HAVE NOT LOST TO RIVERDALE.....BUT THAT'S BASEBALL... CULLMAN, AL (22 IN NATION) "ARE FOR REAL", THEY JUST OUT PLAYED BARTLETT ALL AROUND. I THINK IF BARTLETT CAN GET TO THE STATE THEY WILL BE TOUGH TO HANDLE...BUT IF NOT... NEXT YEAR WILL BE SCARY FOR AAA TEAMS.

QUOTE(bballfan66 @ Apr 26 2007 - 11:53 PM) 826446508[/snapback]I THINK BARTLETT IS 28-3. TEAMS THAT BEAT THEM ARE RIVERDALE AND A SOLID CULLMAN ALABAMA TEAM(2). TEAMS THAT THEY BEAT WERE LEXINGTON, KY (6TH IN NATION), FARRAGUT, NASHVILLE OVERTON AND EVERYONE ELSE IN WEST TN. NO PLAYERS HAVE SIGNED D1 SCHOLARSHIPS YET.... THEY ARE ALL JRS, BESIDES THE 3RD BASEMAN. COACH CLARK HAS PUT TOGETHER A TOUGH SCHEDULE FOR THIS YOUNG TEAM. THEY SHOULD HAVE NOT LOST TO RIVERDALE.....BUT THAT'S BASEBALL... CULLMAN, AL (22 IN NATION) "ARE FOR REAL", THEY JUST OUT PLAYED BARTLETT ALL AROUND. I THINK IF BARTLETT CAN GET TO THE STATE THEY WILL BE TOUGH TO HANDLE...BUT IF NOT... NEXT YEAR WILL BE SCARY FOR AAA TEAMS.

You never know who will wind up there. This talk about Bartlett seems exactly like the talk about South Doyle last year and they didnt make it out of region.

I dont think seymour will be in the mix.