who are the most underrated teams in the state

liverpool fc 8

QUOTE(timbdp @ Apr 23 2007 - 11:25 AM) 826443380[/snapback]portland is not underrated

I wouldn't say Portland is underrated; the program is underrated, but not the team. They seem to be getting a good amount of respect this year and people are taking notice. I would say they are rated right about where they should be, somewhere around the top 10 teams in the state. The win over the Station Camp was a big boost and the tie with White House was just another chapter in a great rivalry where the better team rarely gets the result. Add to that some other solid wins and good showings and I think they are right where they should be.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(liverpool fc 8 @ Apr 23 2007 - 12:51 PM) 826443465[/snapback]fra is not underated they did beat pigeon forge but who have they played. fra played i this weekend in the USN tournament and played well but they were in the weaker bracket in the finals they lost 2-0 to independence the game could have benn 4-0 or but after getting up 2 indy made sure to keep the shutout, they had very few quality shots anywhere near the eighteen most oppurtunities came on corners and independence won the ball more than a majority of the time, fra ia a quality team but does not step up when they have a chance to make a statement.

FRA played in the harder bracket, playing teams that actually had winning records. Independence played 2 teams who deserve to learn the basics of soccer (Antioch and Fairview), and barely beating Collierville 2-1. FRA played USN who has a winning record, Pigeon Forge (#11), and Dickson Co. earlier in the morning at 10:00a.m. I mean, if we want to get technical, FRA has beaten 2 ranked teams in their division (A/AA). Oh, by the way, Independence is AAA, FRA is A/AA, shouldn't the score have been about 4-1 or 5-2? I mean, if Independence was THAT good, they could have gotten at least one more, especially afte rplaying those GREAT teams huh?

QUOTE(easttnref @ Apr 23 2007 - 01:19 PM) 826443531[/snapback]since we speak so much of under rated teams why don't we talk about who all is over-rated this year

it seems to me it is the same teams with the weak districts that become ranked and stay there all year and this has been going on for some time but obviously we see every year that these teams don't even make it out of their district and might not even be on top of their district and now this year i am seeing teams in AAA teams that are playing everyone and losing most of them but that makes them ranked ? i don't get the ranking system and maybe i am not supposed to but it seems that if it wasn't all the same coaches picking the rankings every year we might see these get mixed up and the rankings should not be balanced between east middle and west the east is obviously stronger when it comes to soccer and it has definately shown the past 8-10 years and still the rankings have them balanced it seems like the coaches who are voting are trying to make their friends happy when they vote instead of doing it legitimately

I can't speak for the other coaches, but for me, I spend a lot of time choosing my choices. I look at schedules, results, improvement or falling off of trends. I don't vote for my "friends", I vote for the ones I think deserve it. Apparently, other coaches think differently than I do, since the polls don't equate with my votes, but that is alright. I still think it is the best way to do it, by getting coaches across the state, who have played these teams, to get an overall picture of how things are going.

No matter what happens, people will dissagree with how they turn out. You just have to be as objective as you can, and usually, things work themselves out in the playoffs.

QUOTE(Canesoverhere @ Apr 23 2007 - 02:04 PM) 826443551[/snapback]Do you think that most coaches (not yourself and a few others) really have a good idea of the team's across the state? In their side of the state? perhaps in their district?

Eurosport scoreboard really helps. You can compare results against different teams, and correlate wins and losses and strength of schedule. Like in my other thread, there is no easy way to do the poll, but at least the Eurosport poll gets coaches across the state to vote, and not just one region, or just one person (no offense Mjuhb /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> )

QUOTE(PinballWizard @ Apr 23 2007 - 09:12 PM) 826443772[/snapback]I think Webb and Karns are being overlooked from the East. and thats because i dont know anything about West tn. But these are two solid teams this year that are making a name for themselves

thank you, at least some one here agrees with me.

QUOTE(ValenciaESP @ Apr 23 2007 - 10:56 PM) 826443904[/snapback]FRA played in the harder bracket, playing teams that actually had winning records. Independence played 2 teams who deserve to learn the basics of soccer (Antioch and Fairview), and barely beating Collierville 2-1. FRA played USN who has a winning record, Pigeon Forge (#11), and Dickson Co. earlier in the morning at 10:00a.m. I mean, if we want to get technical, FRA has beaten 2 ranked teams in their division (A/AA). Oh, by the way, Independence is AAA, FRA is A/AA, shouldn't the score have been about 4-1 or 5-2? I mean, if Independence was THAT good, they could have gotten at least one more, especially afte rplaying those GREAT teams huh?

I can see where you say fra beat pigeon forge but like i said who have they played if dickson county was all that good wouldnt the game have been a little bit closer. A/AA BESIDES A few teams like mba and 1 or 2 others does not show well when it comes to playing big AA schools, i think the usn final proved that. i agree indy shoudlve have had more goals but focusing on fra's offense they had almost no quality shots and when they did get down close almost all the balls were high or wide or shotsand if they were on target indys defense stepped up and kept it outside the six.

QUOTE(ValenciaESP @ Apr 23 2007 - 10:56 PM) 826443904[/snapback]FRA played in the harder bracket, playing teams that actually had winning records. Independence played 2 teams who deserve to learn the basics of soccer (Antioch and Fairview), and barely beating Collierville 2-1. FRA played USN who has a winning record, Pigeon Forge (#11), and Dickson Co. earlier in the morning at 10:00a.m. I mean, if we want to get technical, FRA has beaten 2 ranked teams in their division (A/AA). Oh, by the way, Independence is AAA, FRA is A/AA, shouldn't the score have been about 4-1 or 5-2? I mean, if Independence was THAT good, they could have gotten at least one more, especially afte rplaying those GREAT teams huh?

Well you make at least one good point, on the scale of brackets... FRA was in the more difficult of brackets according to numbers and stats, but you need to think about what you said after that... you claim that on the whole all of those teams are of a lower status because they are not part of AAA. That takes away from the whole sport. It should come down to the players and the coaches not the size of the school. Either way, if the teams were better and the bracket was more difficult, then the end result should have been different. Independence also played a tough team on Saturday morning at the same time as FRA and still faced the same number of games and played on the field the same amount of time. Fatigue and other excuses should not play in. Other wise, you down play the skill of the game and the fact that any team who walks on the field has a chance of making an upset or accomplishing something special.

QUOTE(MortonC @ Apr 24 2007 - 01:47 PM) 826444245[/snapback]Well you make at least one good point, on the scale of brackets... FRA was in the more difficult of brackets according to numbers and stats, but you need to think about what you said after that... you claim that on the whole all of those teams are of a lower status because they are not part of AAA. That takes away from the whole sport. It should come down to the players and the coaches not the size of the school. Either way, if the teams were better and the bracket was more difficult, then the end result should have been different. Independence also played a tough team on Saturday morning at the same time as FRA and still faced the same number of games and played on the field the same amount of time. Fatigue and other excuses should not play in. Other wise, you down play the skill of the game and the fact that any team who walks on the field has a chance of making an upset or accomplishing something special.

/dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" Tousche.

QUOTE(ridgewayrocks31 @ Apr 25 2007 - 07:56 PM) 826445377[/snapback]obviously ridgeway is the most underrated, thier record isnt good but when state comes around they wont lose, ridgeway has never really been big fans of losing, it just doesnt happen

lol, u certainly have the right attitude about it. I assure you, though, it is SO much easier being overlooked and being the underdog come tournament time...

Kingsbury is one to watch...don't let the loss to Westview in the water bog up at Liberty Tourney fool you. 3" of water on 30% of the field takes away a passing teams ability to play. They're fun to watch. Slightly undisciplined, but creative...backyard soccer at it's best. Not the best in the State, but top 25'ish.

i dont think that FRA is that underratted i think they should probv be ranked aboiut 5th in the state in A/AA they beat P igeon Forge (11 on A/AA) but PF was playing without their starting keeper due to a concussion and hard to play with a much less talented freshman...which changed the way PF played and cost them their game against USN due to hius lack of inexpierence...but FRA is a very good team but i think that South Doyle is prob the most underratted team in the state