who are the most underrated teams in the state

liverpool fc 8

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(MortonC @ Apr 24 2007 - 01:47 PM) 826444245[/snapback]Well you make at least one good point, on the scale of brackets... FRA was in the more difficult of brackets according to numbers and stats, but you need to think about what you said after that... you claim that on the whole all of those teams are of a lower status because they are not part of AAA. That takes away from the whole sport. It should come down to the players and the coaches not the size of the school. Either way, if the teams were better and the bracket was more difficult, then the end result should have been different. Independence also played a tough team on Saturday morning at the same time as FRA and still faced the same number of games and played on the field the same amount of time. Fatigue and other excuses should not play in. Other wise, you down play the skill of the game and the fact that any team who walks on the field has a chance of making an upset or accomplishing something special.

You make some good points, though i disagree with you. FRA had the more difficult side of the bracket. As for having fatigue playing a factor, yes it did. While Indy was up 6-0 at half against both antioch and fairview, FRA had close games at half and were keeping in there starters longer, knowing that if they put in some reserves the tide of the game could very well switch and the other team get quick goals. All 3 of the teams FRA played had a offensive threat up front, and they could all move the ball (except Dickson, really the only reason that game was close was outstanding play from the keeper), so if you think about it Indy's varsity played probably a 2 games of soccer and FRA played 3. Even though that wasnt why FRA lost the game, it was somewhat of a factor. The reason Independance beat FRA is because both teams play the same type of game, and Independence was just better at it. School size really does not have that much of an impact on the game.

Edit: As for FRA being underated, i believe they should be 2 or 3 spots higher on the rankings, but their not that underrated. The real teams that are underrated are the lower seeds in FRA's District. Teams like DCA(beat Franklin) Goodpasture(Tied CPA) Ezell Harding was a great side before their breakdown after the tie with FRA, i mean even Lipscomb, a team that hasnt been great in the past, they beat FRA and had other close games against higher ranked teams

QUOTE(gregs8204 @ Apr 27 2007 - 10:07 AM) 826446767[/snapback]You make some good points, though i disagree with you. FRA had the more difficult side of the bracket. As for having fatigue playing a factor, yes it did. While Indy was up 6-0 at half against both antioch and fairview, FRA had close games at half and were keeping in there starters longer, knowing that if they put in some reserves the tide of the game could very well switch and the other team get quick goals. All 3 of the teams FRA played had a offensive threat up front, and they could all move the ball (except Dickson, really the only reason that game was close was outstanding play from the keeper), so if you think about it Indy's varsity played probably a 2 games of soccer and FRA played 3. Even though that wasnt why FRA lost the game, it was somewhat of a factor. The reason Independance beat FRA is because both teams play the same type of game, and Independence was just better at it. School size really does not have that much of an impact on the game.

Edit: As for FRA being underated, i believe they should be 2 or 3 spots higher on the rankings, but their not that underrated. The real teams that are underrated are the lower seeds in FRA's District. Teams like DCA(beat Franklin) Goodpasture(Tied CPA) Ezell Harding was a great side before their breakdown after the tie with FRA, i mean even Lipscomb, a team that hasnt been great in the past, they beat FRA and had other close games against higher ranked teams

Agreed. FRA does possibly deserve to be around 5-7 seed in the A/AA rankings. The district they are in does also deserve a litle bit mroe recognition, and a thing that confuses me is another team in their district, Hume Fogg. They beat Ex-#1 seed USJ and only switched places with FRA (Ex-#8, now #9)? Thats a big odd, how does USJ still stand infront of them? Oh well, good soccer today, good luck to all the teams!

I would like to point out that dobyns bennett is now 10-1-1 with 11 shutouts in the season. They have played quality teams such as blackman and morristown west who are both top ten teams. Their loss to west came on a late accidental handball in the box call. i was there and dont think it should have been called. But they also have science hill and knox webb coming up and with a record like DB, i dont care a 19 rating is not good enough. They are underrated watch out for them

Kingsbury isnt not one to watch, Ridgeway has secretly looked into their files and it appears some of them are academically inelligiable. Risgeway scrimmaged Kingsbury and kingsbury didnt perform well at all they got demolished. If anyone deserves to be in State its Ridgeway, they play legal players and with these new players added to the team recently they are goin to have a splended week and perfrom greatly against gtown and wshs.

QUOTE(Bigblue8 @ Apr 30 2007 - 09:35 AM) 826448258[/snapback]Kingsbury isnt not one to watch, Ridgeway has secretly looked into their files and it appears some of them are academically inelligiable. Risgeway scrimmaged Kingsbury and kingsbury didnt perform well at all they got demolished. If anyone deserves to be in State its Ridgeway, they play legal players and with these new players added to the team recently they are goin to have a splended week and perfrom greatly against gtown and wshs.

No, ridgeway did not scrimmage Kingsbury and I can assure you that all of their players are eligible.

QUOTE(Bigblue8 @ Apr 30 2007 - 09:35 AM) 826448258[/snapback]Kingsbury isnt not one to watch, Ridgeway has secretly looked into their files and it appears some of them are academically inelligiable. Risgeway scrimmaged Kingsbury and kingsbury didnt perform well at all they got demolished. If anyone deserves to be in State its Ridgeway, they play legal players and with these new players added to the team recently they are goin to have a splended week and perfrom greatly against gtown and wshs.

weekend result?