playing up in age groups?

Well for 2 years my daughter played up. When she was 8 she played 11U and when she was 9 she played 14U(Not the average size 9 yr old I must add). The team she played on was not very good at all, but she did get a little time on the court to play against teams that were stronger. For the last 3 years she has played with her own age with a different team and coach (still the youngest of the bunch) but is one of the most dominate players in the age group as a whole. As well, her team itself is a lot better not only due to her. In her case it was very good to play up.

My daughter played up 1 age group for 3 years. When she was 12 I put her back to her own age group. She played 12u twice. She didnt play alot the last year she played up (different organization). We stayed with the organization when she started playing her own age. She learned alot playing up, but she was @ the point where she needed to play more to apply what she had learned.

QUOTE(nextsteput @ Apr 24 2007 - 07:05 PM) 826444338[/snapback]Well for 2 years my daughter played up. When she was 8 she played 11U and when she was 9 she played 14U(Not the average size 9 yr old I must add). The team she played on was not very good at all, but she did get a little time on the court to play against teams that were stronger. For the last 3 years she has played with her own age with a different team and coach (still the youngest of the bunch) but is one of the most dominate players in the age group as a whole. As well, her team itself is a lot better not only due to her. In her case it was very good to play up.

Tnanks, my daughter has never played up, but I think she would benefit by moving up one age group. She has played middle school already as a 6th grader and played on the 7th/8th team and got some quality time. She (as most players do) seems to play better with better talent. However, she has been hesitant to want to play up this year.

QUOTE(hoopcoach1 @ Apr 25 2007 - 07:29 AM) 826444797[/snapback]Tnanks, my daughter has never played up, but I think she would benefit by moving up one age group. She has played middle school already as a 6th grader and played on the 7th/8th team and got some quality time. She (as most players do) seems to play better with better talent. However, she has been hesitant to want to play up this year.

I think it depends on the team she is playing on. My daugher played up when she was 8 on a 10 under team but the team was average. Then when she turned 9 she played with her age on a great team and it was great for her. We finish 3rd in the nation that year and won the Nationals as 10's. So if she lives in Middle Tn and can really play there are teams in her age group that would be great for her.