Field size

VeerCoach

QUOTE(NEWSTANG @ Apr 24 2007 - 10:41 PM) 826444648[/snapback]Lexington isn't TOO bad. 315 down lines, but 345 is kinda short for center. Camden is 284 lines,341 center.

"Lexington isn't TOO bad". What should the field size be?

I have watched LHS baseball for years and seen very

few hit it over the center field fence at 345 feet! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BigRedTiger @ May 4 2007 - 10:00 PM) 826452204[/snapback]"Lexington isn't TOO bad". What should the field size be?

few hit it over the center field fence at 345 feet! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I watched a game there yesterday and saw 7 hit in one game. One was a no doubter. The rest stay in most parks.

QUOTE(BigRedTiger @ May 4 2007 - 11:00 PM) 826452204[/snapback]"Lexington isn't TOO bad". What should the field size be?

Whoa Big Red! I was defending the size of the field (see some earlier posts) not knocking it. I haven't seen that many homers there either until this district tournament. This past week it has looked like a launching pad. There have probably been 15 or 16 homers hit this week and they aren't done yet.

QUOTE(ihavenofriendzz @ May 1 2007 - 07:26 PM) 826449380[/snapback]I'll agree with that. Farragut has Kingston Pike in the way. I'd say it's pretty hard to move the KP. I know someone else will just say "well why didn't they build it somewhere else", my answer to that is come to Farragut and tell us where to build a new one. I think size matters but it really isn't that big of a deal. If your team can hit they will hit anywhere. If they can't it will show even at the small parks.

Well its not like farragut doesnt have the money to do what needs to be done. Just do it.

QUOTE(VeerCoach @ Apr 24 2007 - 08:38 PM) 826444442[/snapback]White House Heritage says 295 down the lines and 305 in center ... but there is no way that its deeper in center than down the lines

Their was probably 15 home runs hit all year on this feild. So whats the problem.