Field size

VeerCoach

I thought when I was in high school playing on a field with with the fence size of 310 and 315 down the lines 330 in the gaps and 340 in center was short .... but after seeing some fields that are not even 300 in center the TSSAA has to mandate something. I think the TSSAA should step and and say atleast 300 down the lines and 330 in center. if your school has to play at city park and the fences are not regulation you must move your games or play all away games.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(VeerCoach @ Apr 24 2007 - 09:05 PM) 826444397[/snapback]I thought when I was in high school playing on a field with with the fence size of 310 and 315 down the lines 330 in the gaps and 340 in center was short .... but after seeing some fields that are not even 300 in center the TSSAA has to mandate something. I think the TSSAA should step and and say atleast 300 down the lines and 330 in center. if your school has to play at city park and the fences are not regulation you must move your games or play all away games.

I agree...whose field is under 300? I can only think of one that is under 300 but a bunch that are 300.

QUOTE(VeerCoach @ Apr 24 2007 - 08:05 PM) 826444397[/snapback]I thought when I was in high school playing on a field with with the fence size of 310 and 315 down the lines 330 in the gaps and 340 in center was short .... but after seeing some fields that are not even 300 in center the TSSAA has to mandate something. I think the TSSAA should step and and say atleast 300 down the lines and 330 in center. if your school has to play at city park and the fences are not regulation you must move your games or play all away games.

Stewart Co. is the shortest field I have seen and it's 300ft. down the lines. Cheatham Co. is also 300ft. down the lines and it's 358 in deep center field.

QUOTE(VeerCoach @ Apr 24 2007 - 08:05 PM) 826444397[/snapback]I thought when I was in high school playing on a field with with the fence size of 310 and 315 down the lines 330 in the gaps and 340 in center was short .... but after seeing some fields that are not even 300 in center the TSSAA has to mandate something. I think the TSSAA should step and and say atleast 300 down the lines and 330 in center. if your school has to play at city park and the fences are not regulation you must move your games or play all away games.

Shouldnt matter, both teams have to play on it.

it shouldn't matter the size of the field. both teams do have to play the game on the field. a team with short fences migh thave better power numbers but in the end the only thing that matters in the wins. away teams can go in and hit bombs too. it is equal for both teams on the fields. plus, the fields being different gives it more character. if fields were all the same it would be boring. i know when i played high school, i liked that the fields were different. it would get boring playing on fields with the same distances.