12AA-Four Way Tie at Top

jusdontno

It appears District 12-AA is in a 4 way tie with the top 4 teams all with 3 District losses. Liberty and South Side completed their District season last night and finished at 9-3 in district play. Bolivar and Lexington split their 2 games this week and also have 3 District losses. Bolivar has a game left Thursday with McNairy and Lexington has 2 with Camden later this week. If they both win out, we will be left with a 4 way tie for District.

Sounds like a great District tournament coming up next week.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(jusdontno @ Apr 25 2007 - 06:40 AM) 826444808[/snapback]It appears District 12-AA is in a 4 way tie with the top 4 teams all with 3 District losses. Liberty and South Side completed their District season last night and finished at 9-3 in district play. Bolivar and Lexington split their 2 games this week and also have 3 District losses. Bolivar has a game left Thursday with McNairy and Lexington has 2 with Camden later this week. If they both win out, we will be left with a 4 way tie for District.

Sounds like a great District tournament coming up next week.

Are all four teams that good, or just that even?

QUOTE(Solomon @ Apr 25 2007 - 06:44 AM) 826444814[/snapback]Are all four teams that good, or just that even?

All are pretty solid teams. I think all except Bolivar are in the 20 plus win and single digit loss category.

Lexington split with all of the 3 other teams, Liberty beat SS twice, SS beat Bolivar twice and Bolivar beat Liberty twice.

QUOTE(jusdontno @ Apr 25 2007 - 08:29 AM) 826444853[/snapback]All are pretty solid teams. I think all except Bolivar are in the 20 plus win and single digit loss category.

Lexington split with all of the 3 other teams, Liberty beat SS twice, SS beat Bolivar twice and Bolivar beat Liberty twice.

Where is district? When does it start? Has the schedule been made? Sounds like an exciting district tournament. Good luck Liberty!

This still setting up to be a 4 way race? I know Lexington is now 8-3.

Who gets the #1 in the tournament given all the scnerios?

This should set up some interesting manger strategy in the tournament, esp for the 2-4 seeds. Do you throw the aces early, or save them for the other co-#1s.

QUOTE(Solomon @ Apr 27 2007 - 06:23 AM) 826446605[/snapback]This still setting up to be a 4 way race? I know Lexington is now 8-3.

Who gets the #1 in the tournament given all the scnerios?

This should set up some interesting manger strategy in the tournament, esp for the 2-4 seeds. Do you throw the aces early, or save them for the other co-#1s.

Bolivar, Liberty and South Side have now completed district schedule at 9-3. If Lexington defeats Camden in their last district game, there is a 4 way tie. There is no head to head tiebreaker, the word I have been told is the tiebreaker is runs given up. In this case, it appears Liberty wins the tiebreaker and would be #1 seed.

As always, the above is based on heresay and speculation and should in no way be confused with information from someone who has any actual knowledge.

QUOTE(jusdontno @ Apr 27 2007 - 06:43 AM) 826446629[/snapback]Bolivar, Liberty and South Side have now completed district schedule at 9-3. If Lexington defeats Camden in their last district game, there is a 4 way tie. There is no head to head tiebreaker, the word I have been told is the tiebreaker is runs given up. In this case, it appears Liberty wins the tiebreaker and would be #1 seed.

As always, the above is based on heresay and speculation and should in no way be confused with information from someone who has any actual knowledge.

Works for me. I checked out the TSSAA website, and it gives no instructions for how to establish tiebreakers. As a matter of fact, a district can determine it's champ and runner-up any way the coaches so choose.

QUOTE(Solomon @ Apr 27 2007 - 01:29 PM) 826446955[/snapback]Works for me. I checked out the TSSAA website, and it gives no instructions for how to establish tiebreakers. As a matter of fact, a district can determine it's champ and runner-up any way the coaches so choose.

Thats the way I understand it too.

QUOTE(montague1 @ Apr 27 2007 - 12:44 PM) 826446967[/snapback]Thats the way I understand it too.

I say scrap baseball and play some slow-pitch softball to determine it! That way you can save the picthers' arms for the regions! How bout you monty? /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

In all seriousness, I really hate the way the postseason is laid out in TSSAA baseball. I saw where the 12-AA tournament is going to be played out over 9 days. That's ridiculous. If you have a good one two punch, you are pretty much set. And the regionals/substate week is a joke too.

I really wish they would scrap a round in the current setting and send 4 teams from each district to the regionals and play a double elimination tournament there and that winner automatically goes to state. It'd be much more exciting baseball.

Liberty, South Side, Bolivar and Lexington tie for first.

Liberty wins tiebreaker (runs given up, I think) is #1 seed and draws a bye and

Plays winner of Tuesday Lexington/Camden game on Thursday.

South Side and Bolivar Play McNairy and Chester County Tuesday. Not sure who plays who, but the 2 winners will meet.

Tuesday's games are at home field of higher seed (South Side, Bolivar and Lexington). The rest of the tournament will be played in Lexington.

If top seeds win, it will be Liberty/Lexington and South Side/Bolivar.

That's all the heresay I have heard. Anyone feel free to add information or correct any of my information--or a full tournament schedule with game times would be great.

QUOTE(Solomon @ Apr 27 2007 - 03:13 PM) 826447038[/snapback]I really wish they would scrap a round in the current setting and send 4 teams from each district to the regionals and play a double elimination tournament there and that winner automatically goes to state. It'd be much more exciting baseball.

A variation of that is referred to in some circles as 'The Limbaugh Plan'.

The Limbaugh Plan has the 1st and 2nd team from adjoining districts meeting in a double-elimination tournament with the winner going to Spring Fling.

The site of the regional alternates between even and odd years with the district tournament champion of that numbered year being the host school.