best sophmores in 1A

wahlly81

QUOTE(cascade11 @ Apr 30 2007 - 02:00 PM) 826448444[/snapback]If your referring kids that will be sophmores for the upcoming season, you'd be hard pressed to find a better football player than Matt Henderson of Cascade. He split time in the backfield as a freshman and still managed to rush for close to 1000 yards and averaged over 8 yards a carry.

zions upcoming soph. QB passed for near 1000 and there upcoming soph. receiver caught for 520 yards

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(wahlly81 @ Apr 30 2007 - 01:19 PM) 826448420[/snapback]zion started 10 and 7 of them played both ways...thats one reason weve been no good, we dont have any experience

You guys put up 28 points on our second and third strings, so I wouldnt say you were no good. You scored more than 90% of our opponents. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

QUOTE(Straight up @ Apr 30 2007 - 10:56 AM) 826448278[/snapback]Oneida started 9 sophomores last year and and 2 or 3 more were first subs. Most started on both sides of the ball.

straight up, I was talking with a friend in oak ridge and he was telling me that the sophmores at oneida and greenback were

the most talented that both schools had seen in awhile, and that greenback has a really good looking running back but oneida has 2 monster lineman and a qb, sound like they both might be in the running next year or the year after. any truth to that tail?

QUOTE(MULEDOG @ May 2 2007 - 06:46 PM) 826450335[/snapback]straight up, I was talking with a friend in oak ridge and he was telling me that the sophmores at oneida and greenback were

the most talented that both schools had seen in awhile, and that greenback has a really good looking running back but oneida has 2 monster lineman and a qb, sound like they both might be in the running next year or the year after. any truth to that tail?

Some would say Oneida may be a year away,but the talent,experience,and leadership is there this year. The 2 lineman are in fact monstrous and the QB has had a whole season of experience under his belt, and 2 more to go.That class has played well together since the 6th grade and are only getting better and maturing.I think Greenback will suprise some people this year as well. Had some nice offensive weapons when everything was clicking.

QUOTE(Straight up @ May 2 2007 - 08:58 PM) 826450342[/snapback]Some would say Oneida may be a year away,but the talent,experience,and leadership is there this year. The 2 lineman are in fact monstrous and the QB has had a whole season of experience under his belt, and 2 more to go.That class has played well together since the 6th grade and are only getting better and maturing.I think Greenback will suprise some people this year as well. Had some nice offensive weapons when everything was clicking.

I'm not talking about last years sophmores, I'm talking about the incomming class, He told me they he was at oliver springs when oneida jv team took o.s. to the wood shed.

QUOTE(MULEDOG @ May 2 2007 - 07:11 PM) 826450354[/snapback]I'm not talking about last years sophmores, I'm talking about the incomming class, He told me they he was at oliver springs when oneida jv team took o.s. to the wood shed.

Ohh okay..well..they have some good backs, and some talented atheletes. But the 2 huge lineman part? Not too sure there. The QB has potential and strong arm and is really getting a feel for the Offense, but..may see him at TE or H-back until his senior year.

QUOTE(Straight up @ May 2 2007 - 09:20 PM) 826450358[/snapback]Ohh okay..well..they have some good backs, and some talented atheletes. But the 2 huge lineman part? Not too sure there. The QB has potential and strong arm and is really getting a feel for the Offense, but..may see him at TE or H-back until his senior year.

one of the lineman didn't play last year but was playing this year and the othe was a center, but i don't remeber the names,

but this guy knows players and he said that if they could get them in the weight room they would difference, the greenback

running back was suppose to have really mad some big jump in the weight room but they are worried about grades. but the think he will be as good as hampton rb that broke his leg last year.

QUOTE(Straight up @ May 2 2007 - 09:39 PM) 826450388[/snapback]okay i see who your talking about..the one that did not play last year is around 6'4 or 6'5 283 pounds. The other one may get some playing time on the line somewhere this year if he works.

my friend is a coalfeild man, they are 3 there he was talking about 2 lb's and a lineman, they had sorta popped up out of nowhere, do you know anything about them?

QUOTE(cascade11 @ Apr 30 2007 - 02:00 PM) 826448444[/snapback]If your referring kids that will be sophmores for the upcoming season, you'd be hard pressed to find a better football player than Matt Henderson of Cascade. He split time in the backfield as a freshman and still managed to rush for close to 1000 yards and averaged over 8 yards a carry.

I think I saw him when you played Eagleville in Eagleville. He did show out a little bit.

QUOTE(theyoungtiger @ May 3 2007 - 08:44 AM) 826450701[/snapback]I think I saw him when you played Eagleville in Eagleville. He did show out a little bit.

21 carries for 187 yards (9 yards per carry) and two touchdowns in the game you mentioned. Yep, I'd say he showed out a bit also........ /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />