Hillsboro

macdaddy

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest workinprogress

QUOTE(macdaddy @ Apr 26 2007 - 08:41 AM) 826445756[/snapback]Mr Kelly,

I was told by a retired metro teacher that you all will always be good as well as Pearl Cohn because you all have 2 months of open recruitment of students. Is this true? so you guys have the pick of the litter! Was i told wrong?

Mac!

I dont know who Mr. Kelly is but I will respond to this one. Some of your information is misleading, yet true. Yes Hillsboro is an open enrollment school just like most of Memphis, Maryville, etc. As far as getting the pick of the litter, hopefully not but I am not sure of how it is done. I would hope the administration at Hillsboro would get the best students and not necessarily the best athletes. Hillsboro will always have an advantage with this but without good coaches they would not be quite as good as they have been. This may not always be the case. If Hillsboro's enrollment goes up then they would be forced into either cancelling its open enrollment status or move up to 5A from 4A. I am sure that football fan will enlighten us with his thoughts as well.

Yes Hillsboro has open enrollment and they can submit a request to attend the burro. They must be approved by the administration to attend. That is as much as I know. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> Mr. Macdaddy I saw were they are hiring on the TSSAA web site. Maybe you should apply.

QUOTE(workinprogress @ Apr 26 2007 - 08:49 AM) 826445761[/snapback]This may not always be the case. If Hillsboro's enrollment goes up then they would be forced into either cancelling its open enrollment status or move up to 5A from 4A.

They have been 5A before and were not as awsome of a team. They were 5A and in the same region with Henry County. I remember us beating them that year. 5A does make a difference. Look how moving down in classess has helped us and them. I sure hope our numbers don't go back up to send us back to 5A. As long as we have our good coaches and we are in 7-4A we will be a team in the playoffs every year.

This is not a knock at Hillsboro. they had a great team last year and whipped our butts in the semis.

Good luck to both of us next season.

QUOTE(Footballfan15 @ Apr 26 2007 - 09:23 AM) 826445797[/snapback]Yes Hillsboro has open enrollment and they can submit a request to attend the burro. They must be approved by the administration to attend. That is as much as I know. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> Mr. Macdaddy I saw were they are hiring on the TSSAA web site. Maybe you should apply.

Iagree that Hillsboro has had some great coaches, and Mr. Footballfan, I will not be applying. Will stay where i am for 1 more year at least and then try to move somewhere in east tennessee, so i can just coach and fish the trout streams as well as teach. Will only have to do 11 more years then i can retire. So what better place to retire than East Tennessee. Well the South Pacific would be nice too!

QUOTE(macdaddy @ Apr 26 2007 - 10:19 AM) 826445843[/snapback]Iagree that Hillsboro has had some great coaches, and Mr. Footballfan, I will not be applying. Will stay where i am for 1 more year at least and then try to move somewhere in east tennessee, so i can just coach and fish the trout streams as well as teach. Will only have to do 11 more years then i can retire. So what better place to retire than East Tennessee. Well the South Pacific would be nice too!

Hillsboro presently has a good coach in Coach Blade and hopes to continue with their winning tradition.

Guest workinprogress

QUOTE(Footballfan15 @ Apr 26 2007 - 10:41 AM) 826445867[/snapback]Hillsboro presently has a good coach in Coach Blade and hopes to continue with their winning tradition.

Hillsboro was good in the late eighties and has been good for about four or five years now, mostly with Adelyott but also last year with Blade. I would not say that Hillsboro has a winning tradition just yet.

QUOTE(workinprogress @ Apr 26 2007 - 11:10 AM) 826445888[/snapback]Hillsboro was good in the late eighties and has been good for about four or five years now, mostly with Adelyott but also last year with Blade. I would not say that Hillsboro has a winning tradition just yet.

I would, six years is plenty of time to start a tradition.

Guest workinprogress

QUOTE(Footballfan15 @ Apr 26 2007 - 12:38 PM) 826445967[/snapback]I would, six years is plenty of time to start a tradition.

I would agree here, however I would not say that Hillsboro has tradition YET. If you are going to say that they already have a winning tradition then I might say that Hillsboro has another tradition...losing to Maryville. Hillsboro has been good the last several years but I would not say that they have earned the notion of having tradition. It hasnt even been a decade yet. When I think of tradition I think of MBA, BA, Oakridge, DB, Trousdale County, etc. Tradition is earned over time, not just a five to eight to year span.

QUOTE(workinprogress @ Apr 26 2007 - 01:11 PM) 826445992[/snapback]I would agree here, however I would not say that Hillsboro has tradition YET. If you are going to say that they already have a winning tradition then I might say that Hillsboro has another tradition...losing to Maryville. Hillsboro has been good the last several years but I would not say that they have earned the notion of having tradition. It hasnt even been a decade yet. When I think of tradition I think of MBA, BA, Oakridge, DB, Trousdale County, etc. Tradition is earned over time, not just a five to eight to year span.

Who then would you say HAS the tradition of beating Maryville? Morristown West beat them in 03' and i don't remember any other wins in the recent history from MW. I see that you left off Riverdale. Do you believe they have tradition? Do Gold Balls = tradition? If so, when was the last time OR or DB won the Gold Ball? The Buffalo Bills lost 4 super bowls but were considered by many as a team rich in tradition. IMO every team in the state is trying to reach Maryville's recent tradition.

Guest workinprogress

QUOTE(12NCS @ Apr 26 2007 - 01:23 PM) 826446004[/snapback]Who then would you say HAS the tradition of beating Maryville? Morristown West beat them in 03' and i don't remember any other wins in the recent history from MW. I see that you left off Riverdale. Do you believe they have tradition? Do Gold Balls = tradition? If so, when was the last time OR or DB won the Gold Ball? The Buffalo Bills lost 4 super bowls but were considered by many as a team rich in tradition. IMO every team in the state is trying to reach Maryville's recent tradition.

Sure I would say Riverdale has tradition. Gold balls would equal tradition but a team that has had years of winning teams over a long period of time and a solid fan base would also have tradition. I think White House has good tradition as well as Gallatin. I do not believe that Maryville has tradition yet. I only brought them up to prove a point. I agree that Maryville is a great team who is building great tradition but to me they are not a tradition rich program.