Hillsboro

macdaddy

QUOTE(workinprogress @ Apr 26 2007 - 02:21 PM) 826446056[/snapback]I think that one year is hard to make any kind of statement towards. Yes he did well his first year and should be commended for that. However, I think that we will see even more of what kind of coach he is this year and in 2008. This year we will be able to see if he can put together a string of quality seasons and in 2008 we will see how he does without a better than average quarterback (Arrent). I feel like Blade did a lot of things well until the Mt. Juliet game and also the Maryville game. In both I dont think the Burros were ready to play. I feel like against both of those schools Hillsboro was out coached. Mt. Juliet was not a very good team and gave the Burros all they wanted and Maryville had their way with the Burros. We will see if Blade learns from his mistakes like good coaches do.

I think your statements prove only one thing. You don't like the present staff and you use this board to take every shot possible. Stick to what you know.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Whippersnapper @ Apr 27 2007 - 05:03 AM) 826446563[/snapback]Hillsboro has a great home opener this coming season in Week 0 with Franklin.

Is this game to be played at the Burro Dome? I heard a rumor that it was going to be played over at Vandy...that may just be that, a rumor!

J T Moore's kids feeding into Hillboro is an advantage. Moore hasn't lost a game in 5 years. I watched their 2003/2004 teams & they honestly could have beaten some small high schools. Excellent coaching & great talent. Several of Moore's kids ended up at BA & Overton also.

Guest workinprogress

QUOTE(REBELRON @ Apr 26 2007 - 01:55 PM) 826446033[/snapback]Maryville is one of the most tradition rich programs in Tennessee. Maryville was dominant in the 70s. I guarantee you Maryville is the only team to have an undefeated record vs Brentwood Academy. Maryville went to 4 2A State Championship games in a row in the late 70s. 76 and 78 state champs. 77 and 79 state runner up. Maryville has 10 state titles. Here is some of Maryville's tradition. No one has dominated their class like Maryville has dominated 4A here lately. 98-2 in their last 100 games. 6 State Titles in this decade. 7 Titles in the last 9 years.

Maryville Rebel Football

10 State Titles. 1970,76,78,1998,2000,01,02,04,05 and 06.

3 State runner ups. 1977,79 and 1997.

7 perfect seasons 1970,1978,1998,2002,2004,2005 and 2006

42 Blount County Championships

19 Region titles

629-213 record all time

Ted Wilson coached at Maryville from 1966-1980 with 3 State Titles. He was voted in the TSSAA Hall of Fame this spring

Lynn Brown was voted in the TSSAA Hall of Fame this spring. He was an assistant coach under Wilson.

Don Story will probably be a TSSAA Hall of Fame coach one day. George Quarles will definately be in the TSSAA Hall of Fame one day.

Yes! Maryville definately doesn't have any tradition. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I figured someone might get on here and be sarcastic. Glad you rose to the occasion. I dont know much about Maryville's history which is obvious. Glad you cleared that up for me. Now knowing what you knew, I would change my opinion and say that Maryville does have tradition. Sorry if I stepped on your toes. I would slightly disagree with one statement though. GQ is not a lock just yet. If he were to leave for some reason then although what he has done to this point is amazing, I dont think he would be a lock in the TSSAA Hall of Fame.

QUOTE(workinprogress @ Apr 27 2007 - 07:32 AM) 826446614[/snapback]I figured someone might get on here and be sarcastic. Glad you rose to the occasion. I dont know much about Maryville's history which is obvious. Glad you cleared that up for me. Now knowing what you knew, I would change my opinion and say that Maryville does have tradition. Sorry if I stepped on your toes. I would slightly disagree with one statement though. GQ is not a lock just yet. If he were to leave for some reason then although what he has done to this point is amazing, I dont think he would be a lock in the TSSAA Hall of Fame.

Who died and made you the resident expert on coaching, tradition, and and now the hall of fame. You must be a official of great power in the TSSAA. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Guest workinprogress

QUOTE(Footballfan15 @ Apr 27 2007 - 07:19 AM) 826446602[/snapback]I think your statements prove only one thing. You don't like the present staff and you use this board to take every shot possible. Stick to what you know.

I have nothing against the present staff. I dont even know them. I have seen Blade twice. I have never spoken a word to him. Like I said I think he and his staff should be commended for what they did this past year. They picked up right were Coach A left off. I also am not making shots at anyone. Just stating my opinions like everyone else on here. I know quite a bit about Metro football. I have been around it for almost 30 years now and lately have been very involved. Believe it or not at one time I actually walked the sidelines every Friday night on that very field. I even helped cut the grass, put the sprinkler system in, and lined the field. This should give you a very big hint that I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST HHS. I also have nothing against any of the coaches. Next year I would love to be able to come to Hillsboro and watch every game that they play because I will have a few kids there myself that I have made an investment in. Judging from what I saw this year they will be in good hands. Maybe you just see what you want to on here. I have made both positive and negative statements about HHS as well as even my own schools that I root for. Every situation has its pros and cons. If you dont like hearing the cons then dont read or post on these boards. And maybe next time you should follow your own advice and stick to what you know about me which is very little at best.

QUOTE(Footballfan15 @ Apr 27 2007 - 07:19 AM) 826446602[/snapback]I think your statements prove only one thing. You don't like the present staff and you use this board to take every shot possible. Stick to what you know.

Workinprogress is just bitter that his 7th & 8th grade team couldn't beat JTM and never has. Can you say jealousy. After Arent is gone it will then be ........ wait til Gordon is gone, then it will be wait til ??? is gone. Give Blade the credit he deserves. His former team won the California State title the past two years and beat De La Salle this year. The guy knows his stuff and you are jealous for some reason.

QUOTE(workinprogress @ Apr 27 2007 - 07:43 AM) 826446630[/snapback]I have nothing against the present staff. I dont even know them. I have seen Blade twice. I have never spoken a word to him. Like I said I think he and his staff should be commended for what they did this past year. They picked up right were Coach A left off. I also am not making shots at anyone. Just stating my opinions like everyone else on here. I know quite a bit about Metro football. I have been around it for almost 30 years now and lately have been very involved. Believe it or not at one time I actually walked the sidelines every Friday night on that very field. I even helped cut the grass, put the sprinkler system in, and lined the field. This should give you a very big hint that I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST HHS. I also have nothing against any of the coaches. Next year I would love to be able to come to Hillsboro and watch every game that they play because I will have a few kids there myself that I have made an investment in. Judging from what I saw this year they will be in good hands. Maybe you just see what you want to on here. I have made both positive and negative statements about HHS as well as even my own schools that I root for. Every situation has its pros and cons. If you dont like hearing the cons then dont read or post on these boards. And maybe next time you should follow your own advice and stick to what you know about me which is very little at best.

Maybe you should stick to middle school and I know exactly who and where you are.

Guest workinprogress

QUOTE(Footballfan15 @ Apr 27 2007 - 07:43 AM) 826446628[/snapback]Who died and made you the resident expert on coaching, tradition, and and now the hall of fame. You must be a official of great power in the TSSAA. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Wow...never claimed to be an expert at anything. Never even claimed to be great at anything. Correct me if I am wrong but arent opinions understood to be a part of this board. Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Cheer up big fella and stop drinking that sour aid.

QUOTE(workinprogress @ Apr 27 2007 - 07:48 AM) 826446638[/snapback]Wow...never claimed to be an expert at anything. Never even claimed to be great at anything. Correct me if I am wrong but arent opinions understood to be a part of this board. Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Cheer up big fella and stop drinking that sour aid.

You could never upset me. Just letting you know I disagree with your statements.

Guest workinprogress

QUOTE(12NCS @ Apr 27 2007 - 07:46 AM) 826446636[/snapback]Workinprogress is just bitter that his 7th & 8th grade team couldn't beat JTM and never has. Can you say jealousy. After Arent is gone it will then be ........ wait til Gordon is gone, then it will be wait til ??? is gone. Give Blade the credit he deserves. His former team won the California State title the past two years and beat De La Salle this year. The guy knows his stuff and you are jealous for some reason.

Well both of you know who I am. Good for you. Im not jealous or bitter at all. I have great respect for Greg and Scott both and have a great coaching relationship with both of them. I saw Scott this past week and worked side by side with him. Both are great coaches and the job that they have done is incredible. Keep in mind that no one else has beaten them in the last five years so that must make for a lot of jealous/bitter coaches in Metro.

QUOTE(workinprogress @ Apr 27 2007 - 07:53 AM) 826446648[/snapback]Well both of you know who I am. Good for you. Im not jealous or bitter at all. I have great respect for Greg and Scott both and have a great coaching relationship with both of them. I saw Scott this past week and worked side by side with him. Both are great coaches and the job that they have done is incredible. Keep in mind that no one else has beaten them in the last five years so that must make for a lot of jealous/bitter coaches in Metro.

Metro coaches should appreciate and promote the accomplishments made by Blade, Brunetti and Woodard in their first year as HC. Blade runner up in State, Brunetti making it to State Semis (losing to tough Fulton) and Woodard changing Antioch into a real contender. Heck, HL and Mapelwood had great seasons and their staffs did a great job last year as well.

QUOTE(workinprogress @ Apr 27 2007 - 07:53 AM) 826446648[/snapback]Well both of you know who I am. Good for you. Im not jealous or bitter at all. I have great respect for Greg and Scott both and have a great coaching relationship with both of them. I saw Scott this past week and worked side by side with him. Both are great coaches and the job that they have done is incredible. Keep in mind that no one else has beaten them in the last five years so that must make for a lot of jealous/bitter coaches in Metro.

Well if you and Coach Blade are such good friends I am sure he wouldn't appreciate you getting on here and talking about him and his staff.