A/AA State Predictions for Middle TN

gregs8204

District 9:

They would certainly have my two predictions for State Represenation in the State Tournament for Regions 5 & 6. They have some good talent and some teams with a lot of heart. My two picks out of district 9 would be CPA and Hume Fogg...real tough to pick the favorites right?

I think CPA is a lock for the tournament. They are hands down, the team to beat in Region 5/6 for representation in the State tournament. They play an impressive style soccer lead by a very solid defense. Their lone loss is to John Overton, who I think has as much talent as any team in the state of Tennessee. I look forward to seeing them some more and hope they gain some consistency down the stretch (but they are 3A and off topic).

Hume Fogg has some guys that get after it. They spanked USJ 4-0 (USJ was ranked #1 at the time). Their lone loss of the season was against FRA-an 0-2 battle. Franklin Road Academy, by the way, is mounting a strong season but I really don't understand how they lose to Lipscomb.

If you are going to throw out possible upsets though, don't discount Ezell. Ignoring their 0-5 against CPA, they have beaten Lipscomb, tied FRA (in a high scoring 4-4 match), and lost a close one with Hume-Fogg. They have a disturbing loss to DCA, but they play good soccer.

I've watched Lipscomb play and I hope they continue to over-achieve but I honestly don't think they will be able to get through the tournament. They lost their starting keeper and I hear that was a big loss for them. His status could have an affect on their future.

Good luck to all District 9 teams!

District 10:

I don't think any of the teams from District 10 will have much success up against CPA, Hume-Fogg, or any of the others listed above. I'll be honest and say that I have only seen a couple of teams play from D-10. But if you put them up against Districts 11 or 12 and they would fair much better.

I think there are some teams with potential in Montgomery central, and Cheatham County but I think they all lack the finesse and team style of play that you find in District 9. I wouldn't want to play the champion of District ten, but unless a Lipscomb, Ezell, or FRA pulls off an upset of one of the powerhouses I can't see a District 10 team in the state tournament.

Keep up the hustle District 10 and good luck!

District 11:

I think Columbia Academy is a lock to win this district. Columbia Academy has one district loss to Zion Christian. Would someone out there please fill me in on what happened in the CA vs. Zion game? I don't know how that happened. Zion does have a very stingy defense, lead by high flying goal keeper with impressive wing span and a Sherman tank for a sweeper. I can see them holding Columbia Academy to two goals, but I have no idea how Zion put any goals in the net against CA.

Columbia Academy would match up well with a District 9 team but I don't think they will be able to repeat as a state tournament representative.

Sorry Giles for the lack of love but I think your overly aggressive offense will be totally stifled by CA's slightly more controlled attack. The 0-3 loss to Columbia Academy will be tough to turn around in the district tournament. I expect you to come out #2 and advance to the region tournament against the District 12 champion.

Evidenced by a lopsided game against Giles, I don't think Zion has any chance to advance past district play. Congrats on the win against CA but unless you can regain whatever you pulled together for that match, I think State tournament hopes are distant.

Good luck 11!

District 12:

District 12 gets the most improvement award. This is quite an even district with some really close games.

With that said this district is a little unknown. There is a possible sleeper team in Middle Tennessee Christian. They have been little tested but currently are riding a 9-1-0 mark. We'll know a little more about them tonight after a District 12 regular season championship match with the Spring Hill Raiders. Look for both of these teams to advance from district play.

Spring Hill has a 2-5 loss to Columbia Academy so a runner-up out of the district would probably be the death of their state championship aspirations. The game was very lopsided with CA scoring in the first 2 minutes of play.

Should MTC win tonight's match-up it would potentially set-up an interesting Region 6 championship between MTC and Columbia Academy. I think in that scenario either team would be in a position to scare or even upset an unassuming Region 5 runner-up.

Since it is a balanced district don't discount the aggressive play of Forrest, the hustle of Cascade, the composure of Page, or even the improvement of Marshall County to be players in the District 12 tourney in Murfreesboro, but don't count on any of them to make it back to Murfreesboro for the State Tournament.

Keep up the improvement District 12, good luck!

Hope I didn't make too many people unhappy. I certainly would love see any representation from this area advance deep into the state championship. We need to keep improving to hold our own against the perimeter TN teams of Knoxville, Chatt-Town, and Memphis!

QUOTE(DropIfUNeed @ Apr 27 2007 - 01:16 PM) 826446942[/snapback]District 9:

They would certainly have my two predictions for State Represenation in the State Tournament for Regions 5 & 6. They have some good talent and some teams with a lot of heart. My two picks out of district 9 would be CPA and Hume Fogg...real tough to pick the favorites right?

I think CPA is a lock for the tournament. They are hands down, the team to beat in Region 5/6 for representation in the State tournament. They play an impressive style soccer lead by a very solid defense. Their lone loss is to John Overton, who I think has as much talent as any team in the state of Tennessee. I look forward to seeing them some more and hope they gain some consistency down the stretch (but they are 3A and off topic).

Hume Fogg has some guys that get after it. They spanked USJ 4-0 (USJ was ranked #1 at the time). Their lone loss of the season was against FRA-an 0-2 battle. Franklin Road Academy, by the way, is mounting a strong season but I really don't understand how they lose to Lipscomb.

If you are going to throw out possible upsets though, don't discount Ezell. Ignoring their 0-5 against CPA, they have beaten Lipscomb, tied FRA (in a high scoring 4-4 match), and lost a close one with Hume-Fogg. They have a disturbing loss to DCA, but they play good soccer.

I've watched Lipscomb play and I hope they continue to over-achieve but I honestly don't think they will be able to get through the tournament. They lost their starting keeper and I hear that was a big loss for them. His status could have an affect on their future.

Good luck to all District 9 teams!

District 10:

I don't think any of the teams from District 10 will have much success up against CPA, Hume-Fogg, or any of the others listed above. I'll be honest and say that I have only seen a couple of teams play from D-10. But if you put them up against Districts 11 or 12 and they would fair much better.

I think there are some teams with potential in Montgomery central, and Cheatham County but I think they all lack the finesse and team style of play that you find in District 9. I wouldn't want to play the champion of District ten, but unless a Lipscomb, Ezell, or FRA pulls off an upset of one of the powerhouses I can't see a District 10 team in the state tournament.

Keep up the hustle District 10 and good luck!

District 11:

I think Columbia Academy is a lock to win this district. Columbia Academy has one district loss to Zion Christian. Would someone out there please fill me in on what happened in the CA vs. Zion game? I don't know how that happened. Zion does have a very stingy defense, lead by high flying goal keeper with impressive wing span and a Sherman tank for a sweeper. I can see them holding Columbia Academy to two goals, but I have no idea how Zion put any goals in the net against CA.

Columbia Academy would match up well with a District 9 team but I don't think they will be able to repeat as a state tournament representative.

Sorry Giles for the lack of love but I think your overly aggressive offense will be totally stifled by CA's slightly more controlled attack. The 0-3 loss to Columbia Academy will be tough to turn around in the district tournament. I expect you to come out #2 and advance to the region tournament against the District 12 champion.

Evidenced by a lopsided game against Giles, I don't think Zion has any chance to advance past district play. Congrats on the win against CA but unless you can regain whatever you pulled together for that match, I think State tournament hopes are distant.

Good luck 11!

District 12:

District 12 gets the most improvement award. This is quite an even district with some really close games.

With that said this district is a little unknown. There is a possible sleeper team in Middle Tennessee Christian. They have been little tested but currently are riding a 9-1-0 mark. We'll know a little more about them tonight after a District 12 regular season championship match with the Spring Hill Raiders. Look for both of these teams to advance from district play.

Spring Hill has a 2-5 loss to Columbia Academy so a runner-up out of the district would probably be the death of their state championship aspirations. The game was very lopsided with CA scoring in the first 2 minutes of play.

Should MTC win tonight's match-up it would potentially set-up an interesting Region 6 championship between MTC and Columbia Academy. I think in that scenario either team would be in a position to scare or even upset an unassuming Region 5 runner-up.

Since it is a balanced district don't discount the aggressive play of Forrest, the hustle of Cascade, the composure of Page, or even the improvement of Marshall County to be players in the District 12 tourney in Murfreesboro, but don't count on any of them to make it back to Murfreesboro for the State Tournament.

Keep up the improvement District 12, good luck!

Hope I didn't make too many people unhappy. I certainly would love see any representation from this area advance deep into the state championship. We need to keep improving to hold our own against the perimeter TN teams of Knoxville, Chatt-Town, and Memphis!

Lipscomb beat FRA for a couple reasons. FRA was up 1-0 at the half, but Lipscomb got some late 1st half chances that turned the momentum. Second half they tied it early, then they had control because they were playing their style of play. Last 20 minutes, FRA took dominant control and DL keeper stepped up big, making 2 upper ninety saves and 2 free kicks that would have gone in if his wingspan was about 2 inches smaller. They got the ball past midfield once or twice in thos last 20 minutes, and it was a fast break where the defense of FRA wasnt ready and the foward beat the keeper. Refs then ended the game after that shot so it was a 2-1 game

QUOTE(gregs8204 @ Apr 27 2007 - 01:27 PM) 826446954[/snapback]Lipscomb beat FRA for a couple reasons. FRA was up 1-0 at the half, but Lipscomb got some late 1st half chances that turned the momentum. Second half they tied it early, then they had control because they were playing their style of play. Last 20 minutes, FRA took dominant control and DL keeper stepped up big, making 2 upper ninety saves and 2 free kicks that would have gone in if his wingspan was about 2 inches smaller. They got the ball past midfield once or twice in thos last 20 minutes, and it was a fast break where the defense of FRA wasnt ready and the foward beat the keeper. Refs then ended the game after that shot so it was a 2-1 game

Sounds like it was a great game.

Lipscomb is fortunate to have such a large back-up keeper it sounds like. I have seen him, and he definitely has some impressive wing span. Their "style of play" (that you speek of) is more of what concerns me. I agree that they are having a great year. I hope they continue on. I would love to see them pour on some more upsets!

Two other players impressed me from Lipscomb. They have a center midfielder with some impressive hustle combined with foot skill. He controls the game. He is the one who sets the pace of the game for the Mustangs (I think that is the mascot). They also have a very aggresive striker with some major hustle who can put the ball in the back of the net. He looks as though he has been transplanted to the soccer team but those guys always haunt opposing sweepers' nightmares.

QUOTE(gregs8204 @ Apr 27 2007 - 01:27 PM) 826446954[/snapback]Lipscomb beat FRA for a couple reasons. FRA was up 1-0 at the half, but Lipscomb got some late 1st half chances that turned the momentum. Second half they tied it early, then they had control because they were playing their style of play. Last 20 minutes, FRA took dominant control and DL keeper stepped up big, making 2 upper ninety saves and 2 free kicks that would have gone in if his wingspan was about 2 inches smaller. They got the ball past midfield once or twice in thos last 20 minutes, and it was a fast break where the defense of FRA wasnt ready and the foward beat the keeper. Refs then ended the game after that shot so it was a 2-1 game

Agreed. FRA lost to lipscomb as well because you could tell that they over-estimated DLHS. Lipscomb is a strong team, but the district they are in is unfortunate. And yes, FRA had dominance in the last 20-30 minutes of the second half of the FRA vs. DLHS game, but like said earlier, the keeper had one of the most amazing games I've ever seen a keeper have, because the shots mentioned earlier were easily perfectly placed, and also with great force. But in the Reigon 5, District 9 tonight Hume Fogg (#8) plays Lipscomb, which should be a good battle, considering both teams are very strong in the attack, and CPA (#7) plays FRA (#9) which is obviously going to be a battle, due to the huge rivalry between those two teams. See everyone at the games, and goodluck to A/AA teams throughout Middle Tennessee tonight!

ca was terribly overconfident, scored early, then was lifeless. two of zions three were a pk and a long free kick by tank that banged off the bar and off the keep's back and into the net. due to injury ca had their best offensive player in the net. last 10 minutes ca put their best players up front and pounded the net, but only got one in, with some near misses and some good stops by za keep. za's tank is better up front than at sweep, shame he has to stay back. anywhere past midfield is a potential shot, you won't touch his pk's, and is surprisingly quick

with keeper back, sexy back up front with some talented support, and the best sweeper around, ca may make a run. they will miss their midfielder who broke his leg this week

probably the main reason i can say that ca lost to zion was b/c it was the 1st game after their starting keeper broke his collar bone and really didnt know how to play without him, but also yes they were over confident. I doubt it will happen again though