11AAA - most parity and competitive district ever

rebelj

I think that Franklin is the most underrated team in the district, with the return of Mike O'connor and Alex Booth the team is in top form and with the momentum coming from the past two wins agains overton then centenial, i think they will push through the distric tourney, and be close competition for brentwood.....

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(UNCsoccer826 @ May 4 2007 - 11:44 AM) 826451666[/snapback]I think that Franklin is the most underrated team in the district, with the return of Mike O'connor and Alex Booth the team is in top form and with the momentum coming from the past two wins agains overton then centenial, i think they will push through the distric tourney, and be close competition for brentwood.....

I would love to see that, but after Brentwood stumbled against Centennial and tied Overton, they have beaten handily Indy, Hendersonville, and Ravenwood.

QUOTE(UNCsoccer826 @ May 4 2007 - 11:44 AM) 826451666[/snapback]I think that Franklin is the most underrated team in the district, with the return of Mike O'connor and Alex Booth the team is in top form and with the momentum coming from the past two wins agains overton then centenial, i think they will push through the distric tourney, and be close competition for brentwood.....

Was that a paid advertisement by the City Paper?

QUOTE(RockUrWorld @ May 4 2007 - 02:43 PM) 826451801[/snapback]Was that a paid advertisement by the City Paper?

No that wasn't a paid advertisement by the City Paper, that was a statement made by a Franklin player. Franklin has deffinately stepped up their play as of late with wins over Overton and Centennial. Franklin's first half against Overton was probably the best the team has played all season smashing Overton's defense, with 3, could of been 4 first half goals. Franklin showed signs of weakness against Centennial and got tooled for a lot of the game, but managed to get a late goal and make a good result of it. If Franklin can step up the way they did against Overton in the first half, Its anybody's district, Brentwood.

District 11-AAA Superlatives

Coach of the Year- Mike Purcell, Brentwood High School

Player of the Year- Bradley Jacobs, Brentwood High School

Defensive MVP- David Adams, John Overton High School

Offensive MVP- Moises Sixtos, Independence High School

First Round Action on Monday- All games @ 7 PM

Hillsboro @ Brentwood

Hillwood @ Franklin

John Overton @ Ravenwood

Centennial @ Independence

QUOTE(rebelj @ May 6 2007 - 11:38 AM) 826452830[/snapback]1st round winner predictions

Brentwood

Franklin

Ravenwood

Indy

(all of the higher seeds)

Wednesday evening is going to be awesome - win or go home

It all looks good, but I am a little worried about Ravenwood... They are an awesome team, but I have heard the Will may not be playing for some reason. I know that one play doesn't always make the team, but without his presence on the field I think Ravenwood could struggle a bit. The speed and skill of Overton has been a tough pairing to beat, they will be tough. When working on all cylinders, the team could be a challenge.

I think it will be:

Brentwood

Franklin

Overton

Independence

QUOTE(MortonC @ May 7 2007 - 09:07 AM) 826453346[/snapback]It all looks good, but I am a little worried about Ravenwood... They are an awesome team, but I have heard the Will may not be playing for some reason. I know that one play doesn't always make the team, but without his presence on the field I think Ravenwood could struggle a bit. The speed and skill of Overton has been a tough pairing to beat, they will be tough. When working on all cylinders, the team could be a challenge.

I think it will be:

Brentwood

Franklin

Overton

Independence

I think Ravenwood-Overton will be the best 1st round matchup followed by Indy-Centennial

QUOTE(MortonC @ May 7 2007 - 09:07 AM) 826453346[/snapback]It all looks good, but I am a little worried about Ravenwood... They are an awesome team, but I have heard the Will may not be playing for some reason. I know that one play doesn't always make the team, but without his presence on the field I think Ravenwood could struggle a bit. The speed and skill of Overton has been a tough pairing to beat, they will be tough. When working on all cylinders, the team could be a challenge.

I think it will be:

Brentwood

Franklin

Overton

Independence

Tonights score predictions

Brentwood 6, Hillsboro 0 (Brentwood rests some players and takes it easy on them)

Franklin 3, Hillwood 1 (Franklin in a sloppy and more competitive than expected win)

Independence 2, Centennial 1 (Bitter rivals go down to the wire)

Ravenwood 1, Overton 0 (OT) (Best game of day - controversy and an escape with a win for raptors)

QUOTE(soccerdude90 @ May 7 2007 - 09:23 PM) 826453908[/snapback]franklin 4-1 hillwood

overton 2-0 ravenwood

congrats to overton, who looked superdangerous - franklin watch out

i also look for indy to play brentwood closer than last time

wednesday will be awesome