Silverdale

fargen01

QUOTE(fargen01 @ Apr 30 2007 - 06:42 PM) 826448633[/snapback]I have heard a lot of things about Silverdale's upcoming season with their new transfers. I just wanted to ask if anyone actually has any facts about them not just rumors. And predictions on their overall & region records wouldn't hurt. Here's their schedule:

8/24 Oliver Springs Home 7:30

8/31 Riverside Christian Home 7:30

9/7 Grace Baptist Academy Away 7:30

9/14 Open

9/21 Copper Basin Away 7:30

9/28 Temple Home 7:30

10/5 David Brainerd Home 7:30

10/12 Sequatchie County Away 8:00

10/19 South Pittsburg Home 7:30

10/26 Lookout Valley Away 7:30

11/2 Whitwell Home 8:00

Oliver Springs-W

Riverside-W

Grace-toss up

Basin-W

Temple-big W

DBCS-W

Sequatchie-W

SP-L

Lookout Valley-L

Whitwell-W

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(cwoodsboy @ May 2 2007 - 01:27 PM) 826450110[/snapback]First of all,Silverdale will not be this years Temple.They will not go undefeated.I say that the SBA will go 7-3,8-2 at the best,putting them at 2nd or 3rd in the region. Not making the playoffs would be a big disappointment for everyone at Silverdale. All the guys are very motivated and are workin hard in the offseason.They even have scrimmages agianst boyd and notre dame this summer.Playin up is the best way to get you better.Coach Allen is goin to put a good product on the field this year, you can bet on that.

I said 8-2 or 7-3 and 3rd in the region. I don't think anybody is predicting an undefeated season

QUOTE(zonepirate @ May 1 2007 - 10:30 PM) 826449626[/snapback]Sorry but my 7-3 does not include a loss to Grace. Silverdale wins this year. Grace finishes 4th in the region. DB is in the region starting this year and will be really weak until they get their program built

the first reason I don't think silverdale will beat grace this year is because they have not beat grace in any sport EVER (correct me if I'm wrong) No matter how good they are in any sport, they never can seem to get by grace! /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> . Second, grace beat them last year pretty good (34-16). Third, grace is improving VERY quickly in 2-3 years of having a football program they made play-offs, I'm looking for them to host the first play-off game this year.

I am not saying that grace will dominate them, it should be a very good game, but grace should beat them. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

You heard it here first! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

QUOTE(fargen01 @ May 2 2007 - 03:09 PM) 826450213[/snapback]the first reason I don't think silverdale will beat grace this year is because they have not beat grace in any sport EVER (correct me if I'm wrong) No matter how good they are in any sport, they never can seem to get by grace! /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> . Second, grace beat them last year pretty good (34-16). Third, grace is improving VERY quickly in 2-3 years of having a football program they made play-offs, I'm looking for them to host the first play-off game this year.

I am not saying that grace will dominate them, it should be a very good game, but grace should beat them. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

You heard it here first! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

You have a good point.Silverdale has never beaten Grace.the reason I think some people are sayin Silverdale should win is b/c last year Silverdale beat whitwell 42-14 and Grace lost to them.Also, Silverdale beat CB 42-0 and grace had to come back in the 4th quarter to win by 5 if I remember right.but im with you.Grace just seems to have silverdale's number.

QUOTE(fargen01 @ May 2 2007 - 04:09 PM) 826450213[/snapback]the first reason I don't think silverdale will beat grace this year is because they have not beat grace in any sport EVER (correct me if I'm wrong) No matter how good they are in any sport, they never can seem to get by grace! /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> . Second, grace beat them last year pretty good (34-16). Third, grace is improving VERY quickly in 2-3 years of having a football program they made play-offs, I'm looking for them to host the first play-off game this year.

Host a first round playoff???? So you think Grace will beat either LV or SP along with the rest of the region? /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> Last year the 6-7 stud transfers weren't playing at Silverdale and if I remember correctly it was Coach Allen's first year. Since Grace lost to Whitwell does that mean they will lose to Whitwell again this year? No... so beating Silverdale last year means squat this year. SP and LV will both be better as will Silverdale. Grace lost 8 seniors (not sure how many starters and only had 4 Jr's last year so they are young in 2007. They also finished last year by losing 5 of the last 7 barely beating Copper Basin and King's Academy while Silverdale won 3 of their last 5 including blowouts at Whitwell and Copper Basin and playing Temple to the wire. They only lost by 6 to LV and played SP a lot tougher game than Grace did. So I see Grace fading and Silverdale on the rise. My prediction is 4th place at best and Whitwell may have something to say about that. If Grace wins 4th then they will get steamrolled at Gordonsville /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I do have a question...does Graces' starting QB return?

QUOTE(zonepirate @ May 2 2007 - 06:07 PM) 826450277[/snapback]Host a first round playoff???? So you think Grace will beat either LV or SP along with the rest of the region? /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

Ok, you got me. Maybe I am overestimating grace a little bit, but i think maybe with a little bit of luck there is a possibility of them beating LV. And yes the rest of the region games should not be too much trouble (other than LV and South Pitt).

QUOTE(zonepirate @ May 2 2007 - 06:07 PM) 826450277[/snapback]Last year the 6-7 stud transfers weren't playing at Silverdale and if I remember correctly it was Coach Allen's first year.

So you're saying that just because of these "transfers" Silverdale will dominate region 3-1a?

QUOTE(zonepirate @ May 2 2007 - 06:07 PM) 826450277[/snapback]They also finished last year by losing 5 of the last 7 barely beating Copper Basin and King's Academy......

Hey, a win is a win. That's all that matters. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

QUOTE(zonepirate @ May 2 2007 - 06:07 PM) 826450277[/snapback].....while Silverdale won 3 of their last 5 including blowouts at Whitwell and Copper Basin and playing Temple to the wire. They only lost by 6 to LV and played SP a lot tougher game than Grace did. So I see Grace fading and Silverdale on the rise.

Yes, I agree that silverdale will be better next year, but they won't get by grace. /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

And to answer your question, yes grace's starting QB is returning, as of right now. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

QUOTE(fargen01 @ May 2 2007 - 07:45 PM) 826450333[/snapback]Ok, you got me. Maybe I am overestimating grace a little bit, but i think maybe with a little bit of luck there is a possibility of them beating LV. And yes the rest of the region games should not be too much trouble (other than LV and South Pitt).

LV is a possibility and even SP is a possibility. Losses to Silverdale and Whitwell and a couple of the others are also a possibility

So you're saying that just because of these "transfers" Silverdale will dominate region 3-1a?

Where did I say dominate or undefeated season? /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> I said I thought they would have 2 maybe 3 region losses. That's hardly domination especially with all the weak teams in the region. The transfers will make a significant difference as will it being the 2nd season in Coach Allen's system. Watch and see

Hey, a win is a win. That's all that matters. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Just pointing out that Grace was sliding at the end on the season and Silverdale was on the upswing. I think that is somewhat an indicator of the upcoming season

Yes, I agree that silverdale will be better next year, but they won't get by grace. /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

I guess we just disagree on that point

And to answer your question, yes grace's starting QB is returning, as of right now. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

He is a good athlete. If he gets a little more help he could be effective

QUOTE(zonepirate @ May 2 2007 - 10:53 PM) 826450554[/snapback]Where did I say dominate or undefeated season? /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> I said I thought they would have 2 maybe 3 region losses. That's hardly domination especially with all the weak teams in the region. The transfers will make a significant difference as will it being the 2nd season in Coach Allen's system. Watch and see

That's my bad, i guess i just misunderstood you. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

QUOTE(zonepirate @ May 2 2007 - 10:53 PM) 826450554[/snapback]Just pointing out that Grace was sliding at the end on the season and Silverdale was on the upswing. I think that is somewhat an indicator of the upcoming season

I guess we just disagree on that point

yes grace was slacking off toward the end of the season, that's true. They are just not very physical.

QUOTE(zonepirate @ May 2 2007 - 10:53 PM) 826450554[/snapback]He is a good athlete. If he gets a little more help he could be effective

he is grace's most valuable players, if grace had a few more like him they would be very powerful.

QUOTE(zonepirate @ May 2 2007 - 10:53 PM) 826450554[/snapback]I guess we just disagree on that point

we'll see who's right in a couple of months /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

QUOTE(fargen01 @ May 3 2007 - 04:38 PM) 826451040[/snapback]yes grace was slacking off toward the end of the season, that's true. They are just not very physical.

If they are not very physical and give up at the end of the season then why do you expect them to win more than they did last year? I think they get some more beatings this year unless they get a whole lot bigger and tougher over the off-season. A few kids impressed me but overall they have too many weak spots. In region 4 they wouldn't have made the top 6 last year

he is grace's most valuable players, if grace had a few more like him they would be very powerful.

A few more would help. He just doesn't have enough help around him. That's why I think Grace is 4th place at best. In a short time Grace has done pretty good but they ain't ready to run with the BIG DAWGS just yet

we'll see who's right in a couple of months /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

We sure will. Don't get scarce /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

QUOTE(zonepirate @ May 3 2007 - 10:53 PM) 826451324[/snapback]If they are not very physical and give up at the end of the season then why do you expect them to win more than they did last year? I think they get some more beatings this year unless they get a whole lot bigger and tougher over the off-season. A few kids impressed me but overall they have too many weak spots. In region 4 they wouldn't have made the top 6 last year

Sorry I didn't make it clear but I was talking as of last year. I heard that some of their players a spending A LOT of time in the weight room, maybe they will be tougher /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> .

Who are those few kids that impressed you? I might know them.

QUOTE(zonepirate @ May 3 2007 - 10:53 PM) 826451324[/snapback]A few more would help. He just doesn't have enough help around him. That's why I think Grace is 4th place at best. In a short time Grace has done pretty good but they ain't ready to run with the BIG DAWGS just yet

Soon very soon! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

QUOTE(zonepirate @ May 3 2007 - 10:53 PM) 826451324[/snapback]We sure will. Don't get scarce /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Oh, I won't get scarce. If you will be right then I'll congratulate you, but I doubt that will ever happen. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />