14 AA District Tournament

nob4upost

QUOTE(JoseWales @ May 9 2007 - 09:55 AM) 826455335[/snapback]Well, before last night, Ripley was 26-10-1, and Covington was 5-15. Ripley had beat them the last three matches. However, Coach Geno Miller planned his pitching and attack to accomplish just what he did. An unanticpated win. I was not really expecting it, but I was not shocked either. That's baseball, and that's why we play them instead of just writing them in a book.

Now, the odd thing is the 2006 state AA champion and runner-up are playing tonight for the 14AA championship. How far will each team go this year? It could get interesting. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

I agree ripley was just plain and simple out coached. You don't wait til your down 4 runs 8 hits later no outs to make a change or either go out and talk to the pitcher. Miller just out coached him. I hate it for the players cause they are some good players and good young men in that group.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(JoseWales @ May 9 2007 - 09:55 AM) 826455335[/snapback]Well, before last night, Ripley was 26-10-1, and Covington was 5-15. Ripley had beat them the last three matches. However, Coach Geno Miller planned his pitching and attack to accomplish just what he did. An unanticpated win. I was not really expecting it, but I was not shocked either. That's baseball, and that's why we play them instead of just writing them in a book.

Now, the odd thing is the 2006 state AA champion and runner-up are playing tonight for the 14AA championship. How far will each team go this year? It could get interesting. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Wow! I know Coach Miller is a great coach, but after being in this district and watching these teams play this game was a total shocker to me. Wasn't there and don't know what happened but I am sure there are several upset purple Tigers right now.

Who will be on the mound for USJ/Covington today? My guess is Benjie Fesmire for USJ. Should be a spirited affair. Anybody from Covington bringing FIREWORKS? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

GO BRUINS!

What happened? I didn't even think this would be a game. I watched Covington Bartlett and Covington play Huntingdon and I knew they where down after nine starters from the previous year were gone.

Man did Ripley just quit,because that's not the team I saw Monday against USJ they had no quit in them that game.

QUOTE(Foul Ball @ May 9 2007 - 10:33 AM) 826455372[/snapback]What happened? I didn't even think this would be a game. I watched Covington Bartlett and Covington play Huntingdon and I knew they where down after nine starters from the previous year were gone.

Man did Ripley just quit,because that's not the team I saw Monday against USJ they had no quit in them that game.

USJ better take note or Covington could surprise them today! The Chargers will come into the game with a lot of confidence and you never know what can happen when a young team gets on a roll.

QUOTE(highheat @ May 9 2007 - 10:26 AM) 826455363[/snapback]Who will be on the mound for USJ/Covington today? My guess is Benjie Fesmire for USJ. Should be a spirited affair. Anybody from Covington bringing FIREWORKS? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

GO BRUINS!

I heard some speculation that the "SuperFreshman" may pitch.

I think they are keeping the "Benj" as a well kept surprise secret. He has had a great year so far and keeps flying under the radar. Nuff said. /unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" />

I suspect Covington's pitching has been well worked this week, so I am only guessing, but I bet they pitch everybody a little.

QUOTE(forfeit @ May 9 2007 - 10:10 AM) 826455343[/snapback]I agree ripley was just plain and simple out coached. You don't wait til your down 4 runs 8 hits later no outs to make a change or either go out and talk to the pitcher. Miller just out coached him. I hate it for the players cause they are some good players and good young men in that group.

I would generally not agree with any of your post ,but on this particular one I agree 100%. Bridges had other priorities on his mind.

QUOTE(forfeit @ May 9 2007 - 10:10 AM) 826455343[/snapback]I agree ripley was just plain and simple out coached. You don't wait til your down 4 runs 8 hits later no outs to make a change or either go out and talk to the pitcher. Miller just out coached him. I hate it for the players cause they are some good players and good young men in that group.

I would generally not agree with any of your post ,but on this particular one I agree 100%. Bridges had other priorities on his mind.

I really hate for the kids, there are some great kids on that team with alot of heart.

QUOTE(purpletigers @ May 9 2007 - 11:38 AM) 826455424[/snapback]I would generally not agree with any of your post ,but on this particular one I agree 100%. Bridges had other priorities on his mind.

I really hate for the kids, there are some great kids on that team with alot of heart.

I couldn't agree more!

QUOTE(NEWSTANG @ May 9 2007 - 10:14 AM) 826455347[/snapback]Wow! I know Coach Miller is a great coach, but after being in this district and watching these teams play this game was a total shocker to me. Wasn't there and don't know what happened but I am sure there are several upset purple Tigers right now.

Who did you play for?

QUOTE(NEWSTANG @ May 9 2007 - 10:14 AM) 826455347[/snapback]Wow! I know Coach Miller is a great coach, but after being in this district and watching these teams play this game was a total shocker to me. Wasn't there and don't know what happened but I am sure there are several upset purple Tigers right now.

Yes, there may be some upset purple Tigers, but not the way you think. I am upset that the Ripley Tigers were eliminated last night. However, I choose not to point a finger at the coach. The pitcher on the mound for the Tigers has done a really good job this year, and everyone felt confident that he would do the same last night. Covington came in on a high from their victory over Northside. After the first inning, the Tigers were only down 4-3. The kids showed much heart by coming back each time. There were a few times that a hit here or there would have made all the difference in the game. Believe you me, I am still in shock over the loss. The boys were devastated. I hate the season ended with a loss to Covington, as I feel that Ripley was a much better team this year. However, I guess that is why the game is played. Tigers, hold your heads high! You did a great job this year, and I'll bet the Tigers were be better than ever next year. We have some good kids coming back, including several starting pitchers, and that is where it all starts. GO TIGERS!!

QUOTE(deergirl @ May 9 2007 - 02:30 PM) 826455567[/snapback]Yes, there may be some upset purple Tigers, but not the way you think. I am upset that the Ripley Tigers were eliminated last night. However, I choose not to point a finger at the coach. The pitcher on the mound for the Tigers has done a really good job this year, and everyone felt confident that he would do the same last night. Covington came in on a high from their victory over Northside. After the first inning, the Tigers were only down 4-3. The kids showed much heart by coming back each time. There were a few times that a hit here or there would have made all the difference in the game. Believe you me, I am still in shock over the loss. The boys were devastated. I hate the season ended with a loss to Covington, as I feel that Ripley was a much better team this year. However, I guess that is why the game is played. Tigers, hold your heads high! You did a great job this year, and I'll bet the Tigers were be better than ever next year. We have some good kids coming back, including several starting pitchers, and that is where it all starts. GO TIGERS!!

I agree we will have a good team next year, its just hard to swallow getting beat as we did.

QUOTE(highheat @ May 9 2007 - 10:38 AM) 826455376[/snapback]USJ better take note or Covington could surprise them today! The Chargers will come into the game with a lot of confidence and you never know what can happen when a young team gets on a roll.

Not quite. Bruins roll past the Chargers 12:1. The Chargers seemed worn out after traveling 4 of the last 5 days, with two huge games already in the last 48 hours. They made it out of the district, so good job. The bruins seem to keep hitting some big shots from top to bottom. Should be some good baseball next week.