District 13AA Results

DCfan74

Crockett Co. beats Gibson Co. 6-4, Dyer Co. beats Obion Co. 12-2, Now Milan plays Westview friday @ 3:30, Crockett Co. plays Dyersburg friday @ 6:00 Obion Co. plays loser of Milan vs Westview fri. 8:30, Dyer Co. plays winner of Milan vs Westview Sat. @ 2:00.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Massey had 16 home runs in the regular season and batted .500 +. Could someone please explain to me how he didn't win District 13AA MVP? I am just wondering how the other players that got votes compare, and how the voting takes place??

QUOTE(JD64 @ May 8 2007 - 10:32 AM) 826454336[/snapback]Massey had 16 home runs in the regular season and batted .500 +. Could someone please explain to me how he didn't win District 13AA MVP? I am just wondering how the other players that got votes compare, and how the voting takes place??

This is got be a joke!! Massey is 10x the player. Got to be polictical.

Massey had 16 home runs in the regular season and batted .500 +. Could someone please explain to me how he didn't win District 13AA MVP? I am just wondering how the other players that got votes compare, and how the voting takes place??

[/quote

I'm not going to say bad negative things on a public board about a high school kid, but I will say that it was a good choice for Les Smith.

The voting is done by the coaches in that district, so it is not political beyond that. They vote by what they see during the season. Dyersburg's Les Smith is a super athlete that has the work ethic that is impressive in anyone's eyes. A hour each day of hitting before school. Since 6th grade. You will hear more from him in the future.

Congrats Little Les! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

QUOTE(BaseballthruNthru @ May 8 2007 - 11:46 AM) 826454414[/snapback]Who is out in this district? How are things looking so far?

Obion, Westview, Gibson Co, and Crockett are all eleminated.. Milan plays Dyer Co tonight at 6 and Dyersburg is already in the Championship game for Wednesday.. Winner of Milan and Dyer Co play Dyersburg.. loser will be eleminated

QUOTE(milanbb2005 @ May 8 2007 - 12:09 PM) 826454436[/snapback]Obion, Westview, Gibson Co, and Crockett are all eleminated.. Milan plays Dyer Co tonight at 6 and Dyersburg is already in the Championship game for Wednesday.. Winner of Milan and Dyer Co play Dyersburg.. loser will be eleminated

Who is picked to win Milan or Dyer Co?

QUOTE(crockett7 @ May 8 2007 - 10:51 AM) 826454353[/snapback]This is got be a joke!! Massey is 10x the player. Got to be polictical.

Come on now, just debate it, don't get crazy. Massey had a great year, I haven't seen Smith's stats, but I have seen him play and he can do it. I also saw Massey hit 3 hr's in a doubleheader against Haywood. No way you could go wrong with either of these players. Or Jake Ramsey for that matter.

QUOTE(JD64 @ May 8 2007 - 01:51 PM) 826454548[/snapback]Is Smith from Dyersburg a Junior or Senior? I know that Massey and Ramsey are both Seniors.

Smith is a junior. He has the best work ethic in the state, no doubt about it. And it has shown up this year.