Wartburg Central High

GIBSONJ

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are we lookin at west coast? Or home run type passing plays? Who is the leading QB?

From what some of the players have said, they are looking at an offense similar to the "AIR OPTION" attack first developed by Homer Rice. His book is still in print. Coach Rice started his career at Wartburg back in 1951.

Anyway, I think it would be more a west coast type but you never know until you see it on the field. I do know that with the speed on the outside, there will be plenty of opportunity to stretch the field vertically. That will be more difficult to do against Sweetwater and Alcoa, but may work against teams with less speed.

Sounds fun, and I'm eager to watch it. And why will Yancey and Buttrum be smiling? Wartburg has some really good defensive backs.

they play DE's and are great pass rushers

Yanceys the more slow and hardnose player but still has speed

Buttram has alot of speed off the edge and is fast and great with his hands

If they go 5 wide with no back im calling 10+ sacks

yeah duh more wideouts less blockers i look 4 jake to have about 15 sacks

They may have some speed in Scott County, but not as much as the Dawgs see when they play Sykes and Lindsey and others in Region 2. You all make it seem that just because the Highlanders are on the schedule, that this will be the best team Wartburg plays. Reality is that most teams in Region 2 2A are better than the Highlanders. Granted your team will be better this year, but not the best team the Dawgs will line up against. BTW I would focus more on Kingston, AE and Fulton and less on a non conference 0 for 23 team. Beating the Dawgs will not win the region, Beating those guys will.

Isn't west coast suppose to be quick routes tryin to get speedsters in open space? If so, 10 sacks would be a whole lot, specially when no matter who Wartburg puts at Qb his gonna have speed. Wartburg sees fast Defenses in their region, so I'm not sure if the DE rush will be very effective. Remember These boys have seen fast players in Rae Sykes, Brandon Warren, Hawkins, Latham, Kyrus, and the list goes on and on. Correct me if i'm wrong Die-Hard Dawgs fans, but shouldn't this years line have alot of experience? They return alot of starters on the line dont they?

Isn't west coast suppose to be quick routes tryin to get speedsters in open space? If so, 10 sacks would be a whole lot, specially when no matter who Wartburg puts at Qb his gonna have speed. Wartburg sees fast Defenses in their region, so I'm not sure if the DE rush will be very effective. Remember These boys have seen fast players in Rae Sykes, Brandon Warren, Hawkins, Latham, Kyrus, and the list goes on and on. Correct me if i'm wrong Die-Hard Dawgs fans, but shouldn't this years line have alot of experience? They return alot of starters on the line dont they?

yea but i mean u also got to look at this that line may be returning alot of starters but didn't that team go 0 and 10 last year

And you’re correct; west coast utilizes quick routes which get receivers into small pockets. It’s very effective in High School and or college. With this offense it’s harder to get sacks or tackles in the backfield because how fast the play develops . And no Scott County will not be the best team Wartburg will see. Have you forgotten about powerhouses in Alcoa, Loudon, Sweetwater, CAK, and Rockwood? Don’t get me wrong Scott County will be a lot better team than when they played the Dawgs a few years ago, and I’m going to say Scott makes the playoffs this year, but if they go into Wartburg thinking its going to be a cake walk there going to be incorrect.