Collinwood Coach Injured

GreenMan

QUOTE(davidlimbaugh @ May 4 2007 - 10:01 PM) 826452137[/snapback]I am sorry to hear about the coach being injured. Does this story help illustrate what was the TSSAA thinking about their new rules on 'open facilities'?

I hope he is well and back on the field soon!!!

from what i understand he was pitching before the game, letting some boys practice hitting

i hear he's doing a lot better but still feels dizzy

my prayers are with him

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to thank everyone for your prayers and thoughts...That means the world to me to know all kinds of people care about you. I'm back home now. I still get real dizzy and my balance hasn't completely come to me yet. Its hard to walk around and do the normal stuff i was use to doing. My skull was fractured on my temporal lobe, which has to do with your speech and balance. The hearing in my ear hasn't completely come back yet but its gotten a little better and the ringing hasn't stopped since i was hit. But i'm just taking it day by day, but thank you all again for your prayers and thoughts. It truly means the world to me.

QUOTE(xcat017 @ May 5 2007 - 09:15 PM) 826452676[/snapback]I want to thank everyone for your prayers and thoughts...That means the world to me to know all kinds of people care about you. I'm back home now. I still get real dizzy and my balance hasn't completely come to me yet. Its hard to walk around and do the normal stuff i was use to doing. My skull was fractured on my temporal lobe, which has to do with your speech and balance. The hearing in my ear hasn't completely come back yet but its gotten a little better and the ringing hasn't stopped since i was hit. But i'm just taking it day by day, but thank you all again for your prayers and thoughts. It truly means the world to me.

WOW and on top of it as soon as he gets home he makes a post on COACHT now that is what i call addicted LOL just kiddin

get well soon my prayers are going out to you and your family right now

GOD BLESS

QUOTE(xcat017 @ May 5 2007 - 10:15 PM) 826452676[/snapback]I want to thank everyone for your prayers and thoughts...That means the world to me to know all kinds of people care about you. I'm back home now. I still get real dizzy and my balance hasn't completely come to me yet. Its hard to walk around and do the normal stuff i was use to doing. My skull was fractured on my temporal lobe, which has to do with your speech and balance. The hearing in my ear hasn't completely come back yet but its gotten a little better and the ringing hasn't stopped since i was hit. But i'm just taking it day by day, but thank you all again for your prayers and thoughts. It truly means the world to me.

glad you are home and hope you keep improving

QUOTE(tigers0506 @ May 6 2007 - 02:10 PM) 826452876[/snapback]We will keep him in our prayers here at Middleton keep posting and letting us know how he is doing please

Great to hear you are home and improving Coach Butler.

It scares me to death to see teams using young (7 and 8 year old) bat boys. In a summer league 2 years ago I saw the on deck batter (18 years old) taking some vicious practice cuts and suddenly out of nowhere the little 8 year old bat boy ran out to pick up a bat and was hit broad side his head with one of those swings. He had his batting helmet on and that may have been what saved his life. The knot on his head was still as big as a baseball...good sign of course because if it does not swell outward then is pushed inward and against the brain instead. Sometimes you get to feeling safe enough out there to turn your back (or your head) on the batter because you've been out there for years and odds are your never going to get hit by a ball... heck there hard enough to catch when your facing them standing on the field...so what's the odds one will come directly to your spot when your not looking?

You just meet up with the odds that day...and we are thankful you're here to remind us all to be more careful.

Let us know when your back on your feet good and solid until then we will continue our prayers for your full recovery.

hey everyone i want to thank you all again for your prayers and thoughts for me while i been going thru all this...I still have some problems with the headaches and dizziness and balance. My head hasn't stopped ringing yet and i can't really hear yet but all in all i've gotten alot better since day 1. But thank you all for your prayers and thoughts, that's what has got me thru all this knowing that so many people out there care and all the calls and cards i have gotten. I really do thank you all for that!