White County High School

Bill#49

QUOTE(SpartaWarrior @ Jun 1 2007 - 11:53 AM) 826470087[/snapback]It is relative. If you make 4 bucks a week, and then all of the sudden you are making $40 a week, you get to call it a "raise" even though many would scoff at that income as well. Sparta football was bad, very very bad, before Coach Brown showed up. Not only in wins and losses, but morale, fan support, etc.

Despite the fact that we "never even won a region championship yet", almost everybody in White County is very pleased with the performance of our football team the past few years. You go to the game, and you actually think they may have a shot at beating their opponent. And about 50% of the time, they do! People who are in the playoffs every year just don't understand being excited about that, but hey. We are and that's all that matters.

Hey,I agree with that,that's why I can't figure out why he would leave NOW! He's a good coach and ya'll seemed to have a good thing going. There's no way he gets a huge pay raise going from Sparta to Celina?....Don't make sense!

He did improve your program. You ARE either IN the playoffs every year now or SHOULD be...

It SEEMED,from a Cookeville standpoint anyway,that ya'll were building a good program.

I'm just suprised he left without being pushed!...

THE SQUAD /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(THE SQUAD @ Jun 2 2007 - 10:25 PM) 826470653[/snapback]Hey,I agree with that,that's why I can't figure out why he would leave NOW! He's a good coach and ya'll seemed to have a good thing going. There's no way he gets a huge pay raise going from Sparta to Celina?....Don't make sense!

He did improve your program. You ARE either IN the playoffs every year now or SHOULD be...

It SEEMED,from a Cookeville standpoint anyway,that ya'll were building a good program.

I'm just suprised he left without being pushed!...

THE SQUAD /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

He wasnt pushed out but had some faculty with influence talking kids out of playing which is crap.He had to make a decision to stick with it or leave,it is a shame and thats what im saying in order 4 wc to be competitive we need everyone working together.

QUOTE(sparta boy @ Jun 3 2007 - 03:49 PM) 826470875[/snapback]He wasnt pushed out but had some faculty with influence talking kids out of playing which is crap.He had to make a decision to stick with it or leave,it is a shame and thats what im saying in order 4 wc to be competitive we need everyone working together.

Well then he WAS kindof pushed out...in a way...That's a shame! Seemed like a good guy & good coach!

You know I've grown up with a huge rivalry with Sparta. From Junior high on up!

Along the way I got to know a lot of the guys... We all got along.Even so far as we all went "camping out" /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> together on Buck Mountain one night right after our game!

It's a great rivalry! I wish White County the best and hope your new coach works out...Just don't beat Cookeville! /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

QUOTE(THE SQUAD @ Jun 6 2007 - 11:47 PM) 826472414[/snapback]Well then he WAS kindof pushed out...in a way...That's a shame! Seemed like a good guy & good coach!

You know I've grown up with a huge rivalry with Sparta. From Junior high on up!

Along the way I got to know a lot of the guys... We all got along.Even so far as we all went "camping out" /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> together on Buck Mountain one night right after our game!

It's a great rivalry! I wish White County the best and hope your new coach works out...Just don't beat Cookeville! /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Coach kerr seems like the right fit for the program if we can just get the guys to play,it wont be an over night fix but the key to this team is getting Delaney back out.

• 1 month later...

Coah Kerr is a breath of fresh air to these guys & this program. Please don't misunderstand, Coach Brown was a good coach, but his demeanor was a little stand-offish. Delaney is back, but not in the QB position. Look for him as a reciever, which he is AWESOME at. Sparta will have good year, with Coach Kerr, and hopefully it will be the start of a great re-building program!! Go Wariors!!