7AAA District Tourney

fudge

Congratulations to Oakland! First time I've got to see them play all season and they are a very solid group of kids....also...I would like to say that I gained alot of respect for Cookeville and its fans tonight. I have NEVER been around a group of more positive fans in my life. Despite the score and the troublesome second inning not once did I hear a single negative word out of the crowd towards the players or the coaches. Then at the end of the game they gave congratulations to Oakland and gave Cookeville an ovation after the loss. Classy group of people. Can't wait to play them in Manchester Monday night!

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(davidlimbaugh @ May 11 2007 - 07:11 AM) 826457096[/snapback]Good Question! I thought there was some rule somewhere that games start at 4:00 if you don't have lights and 7:00 if you do????

Could you give us the recent history of teams advancing out of the district and their respective seeds? Was Siegel a #6 when they advanced from the Cookeville site a couple of years back?

I know all the Oakland fans think they are going to walk over Lawrence Co. but don't be so sure. This Lawrence Co. team can really swing it and they scrap like crazy. I know Oakland is great but expect a hard fought game Monday. I am not saying Lawrence will win but I am saying it will be closer than you think.

Those are my boys, coach has taught them to be good sportsmenship win or lose. I'm glad that the playoffs has not changed them. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> Go Cavaliers!!!

QUOTE(pedo_29 @ May 10 2007 - 10:28 PM) 826456948[/snapback]Congratulations to Oakland! First time I've got to see them play all season and they are a very solid group of kids....also...I would like to say that I gained alot of respect for Cookeville and its fans tonight. I have NEVER been around a group of more positive fans in my life. Despite the score and the troublesome second inning not once did I hear a single negative word out of the crowd towards the players or the coaches. Then at the end of the game they gave congratulations to Oakland and gave Cookeville an ovation after the loss. Classy group of people. Can't wait to play them in Manchester Monday night!

QUOTE(columbiaguy @ May 11 2007 - 09:56 AM) 826457216[/snapback]I know all the Oakland fans think they are going to walk over Lawrence Co. but don't be so sure. This Lawrence Co. team can really swing it and they scrap like crazy. I know Oakland is great but expect a hard fought game Monday. I am not saying Lawrence will win but I am saying it will be closer than you think.

Can you give us any info on their pitchers/big hitters?

QUOTE(davidlimbaugh @ May 10 2007 - 10:11 PM) 826456918[/snapback]Yes and no.

Yes, I have them.

No, I can't release them until the local media releases it.......

But they weren't facing a left-hander throwing in the mid-80s after driving up and down I-40 on a school bus for 5 straight days and nights - LOL!!!!

when will the game times be posted for Monday for Coffee Cnty game ? When will local media release the info