Media coverage for high school softball

statman3

I would like to give a call out for the guys at Rogersville's WRGS AM 1370. Jay Phillips and crowd do a great job of covering high school softball for the Cherokee Lady chiefs as well as baseball, basketball, football, etc... out of that small station in Rogersville.

Not only do they make almost all home games, but travel with the teams when it is at all feasible to do so. They broadcast live over the internet at www.wrgsradio.com 24 hours a day, so relatives from all over the country have been able to dial in and follow the lady chiefs all season long.

Who else out there gets that kind of support for their high school sports?

QUOTE(statman3 @ May 7 2007 - 11:45 AM) 826453489[/snapback]I would like to give a call out for the guys at Rogersville's WRGS AM 1370. Jay Phillips and crowd do a great job of covering high school softball for the Cherokee Lady chiefs as well as baseball, basketball, football, etc... out of that small station in Rogersville.

Not only do they make almost all home games, but travel with the teams when it is at all feasible to do so. They broadcast live over the internet at www.wrgsradio.com 24 hours a day, so relatives from all over the country have been able to dial in and follow the lady chiefs all season long.

Who else out there gets that kind of support for their high school sports?

Lucky Knot and his crew are the best!!!! WSMR AM 1320 or www.thunder1320.com Like your guys from Rogersville they follow alot of the other sports as well. Sometimes they finish up one game and travel to another field to pick up in the middle of another game. They have a coaches show during the week. They interview outstanding players after the game. I just can't say enough about these guys. They are terrific!!

QUOTE(ice @ May 7 2007 - 04:46 PM) 826453705[/snapback]Lucky Knott and his crew are the best!!!! WSMR AM 1320 or www.thunder1320.com Like your guys from Rogersville they follow alot of the other sports as well. Sometimes they finish up one game and travel to another field to pick up in the middle of another game. They have a coaches show during the week. They interview outstanding players after the game. I just can't say enough about these guys. They are terrific!!

Thanks we love it. The summer kills me with no games. I think we may pick up Little League.