Baylor vs McCallie

ValverdeTDF07

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a huge game agianst two good teams that got suprised by Webb this year. Now they are fighting agianst eachother for the last state spot from the east in DII. any perdictions on this heated rivalry?

I made this call on another strand, and I'll stick with it. I would like to add that the Webb team that I saw play against McCallie in the regular season had the best play of the three. Although that game ended in a tie. I was not surprised that Webb got the late score to tie. If they had continued play, I feel that Webb would have gotten the win. I heard that Baylor outplayed Webb, and I'm not trying to disrespect a solid McCallie team. I'm just trying to figure out what happened to the Webb team that I saw playing against McCallie and later beating Knox Catholic. Have they had some injuries?

QUOTE(shims4 @ May 9 2007 - 05:38 PM) 826455701[/snapback]Where is the game?

I'll go with McCallie 2-1 in extra time.

I think whoever scores first will win this one! I feel like Baylor's defense could protect a lead, but if McCallie should score first, I think Baylor is probably done.

1-0 either way.

Will be at this game for sure. Both great teams and after a 0-0 tie in their first meeting I think that regulation could end like that again. Baylor's defense is the best I have seen anywhere. McCallie has a striking offense...but I think Baylor may pull it off. I will go 2-1 Baylor.

Two teams that both went to State last year. One will be gone after today.

Breakdown: Keeper - Baylor

Defense - Baylor

Midfield - McCallie

Forwards - Baylor (even though the stats say McCallie, Baylor has more talent)

Coaching - McCallie

Defense wins big games, put this one goes to PK's. FLip a coin and I pick McCallie.

Cater Paden was amazing. Playing with one leg, he beat at least 3 McCallie defenders to then lay off a sweet pass to JB Murphy would finished with brillance.

Baylor keeper Danny Van Valkenburg snuffed out 3 late McCallie attempts, sealing the deal and a birth to the State Tournament for the Red Raiders.

Great game. Both teams should have been in the State Tournament.