Gibbs vs. Seymour and Alcoa vs. Carter

wbcsoccer11

QUOTE(wbcsoccer11 @ May 11 2007 - 09:56 AM) 826457164[/snapback]Sharrod at center mid now that makes no sense any details or are we just going to say no one on Carter could get him the ball which doesn't surprise me but like i have said all along stop Sharrod stop Carter congrats to Alcoa

He started the game there, but didn't remain there, they made a few changes and it looked like they played with Hendricks and #4 in the middle in the second half. I may be wrong on who was central, but Sherrod was up top for most of the match. He did work back some defensively, but for the most part stayed as a true target player. He is a fun player to watch.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as any predictions for tonight or comments about how Seymour can't keep up, I think that is way off the mark. Lopez, Parrot and Proctor are all dangerous players. Alcoa has also always had trouble penetrating the back line of seymour. We did tie in the regular season and Blaise did save a PK at the end to preserve the tie, so we know it will be a battle. Plus everyone is coming off a game last night so legs will probably come into play by the end of the night. I think both teams are playing well right now so I look for a great match. Good luck to everyone around ET as there are a bunch of great matches occuring tonight.

Ha Lopez, he is a good player, but i think he brings them down with his laziness and the way he screams at his teammate and Proctor who is he ?

As far as any predictions for tonight or comments about how Seymour can't keep up, I think that is way off the mark. Lopez, Parrot and Proctor are all dangerous players. Alcoa has also always had trouble penetrating the back line of seymour. We did tie in the regular season and Blaise did save a PK at the end to preserve the tie, so we know it will be a battle. Plus everyone is coming off a game last night so legs will probably come into play by the end of the night. I think both teams are playing well right now so I look for a great match. Good luck to everyone around ET as there are a bunch of great matches occuring tonight.

Ha Lopez, he is a good player, but i think he brings them down with his laziness and the way he screams at his teammate and Proctor who is he ?

I am anxious to see who wins tonight. For the two teams to tie in the regular season, no one seems to think Seymour can compete. One person said this is a game of effort and who wants it. I would think that is common sense, and that would mean both teams would try harder than their reg. season match up. Good luck to the Eagles and the Tornadoes!

"Ha Lopez, he is a good player, but i think he brings them down with his laziness and the way he screams at his teammate and Proctor who is he ?"

well ref you got it right i saw a inspired game from both sides with the exception of Lopez he did not work to get the ball nor play any defense at all he gave up on his team it was the most ridiculous showing of teamwork i have seen in years the seymour team hustled all over the field all night long playing with heart (except Lopez) congrats to alcoa on a game well played and good luck in the next round

how can a player with talent not give everything he has for his team awful just awful!

Well here is my 2 cents for what its worth. I thought both team played with a great amount of heart. It was back and forth with both teams having moments where they had the run of the play. We were able to get up early, but seymour had some great opportunities and finally found the net after alot of pressure in the box. I was very concerned with the momentum shift when they got their goal late in the first half. The second half seemed like a boxing match with the physical play being allowed, the ref did say he would let the boys play and step in when he needed to, which I think he did. I didn't agree with every call and felt like we probably got away with some. That isn't our style and I hate to see us play like that, but we are dealing with young men who get caught up by the moment and with no timeouts in soccer, its hard to control from the sideline. I wish I had done a better job.

We were able to find the net on two good opportunities in the OT and that was the difference. My hats off to seymour and how hard and well I thought they played. They could have easily taken the win. And I am not just saying that because we won, I hope everyone would know that. I really respect their ability. And while some others would disagree, i thought lopez created some good opportunities that we dodged. You all may know better having watched him all season long but he didn't seem to quit. Good luck to the Eagles, we both have a tough match ahead of us.

QUOTE(akula21 @ May 11 2007 - 10:00 PM) 826457719[/snapback]Well here is my 2 cents for what its worth. I thought both team played with a great amount of heart. It was back and forth with both teams having moments where they had the run of the play. We were able to get up early, but seymour had some great opportunities and finally found the net after alot of pressure in the box. I was very concerned with the momentum shift when they got their goal late in the first half. The second half seemed like a boxing match with the physical play being allowed, the ref did say he would let the boys play and step in when he needed to, which I think he did. I didn't agree with every call and felt like we probably got away with some. That isn't our style and I hate to see us play like that, but we are dealing with young men who get caught up by the moment and with no timeouts in soccer, its hard to control from the sideline. I wish I had done a better job.

We were able to find the net on two good opportunities in the OT and that was the difference. My hats off to seymour and how hard and well I thought they played. They could have easily taken the win. And I am not just saying that because we won, I hope everyone would know that. I really respect their ability. And while some others would disagree, i thought lopez created some good opportunities that we dodged. You all may know better having watched him all season long but he didn't seem to quit. Good luck to the Eagles, we both have a tough match ahead of us.

All teenagers get caught up in the heat of competition. Don't blame yourself for their passion; you have done a great job this year.

QUOTE(akula21 @ May 12 2007 - 12:00 AM) 826457719[/snapback]Well here is my 2 cents for what its worth. I thought both team played with a great amount of heart. It was back and forth with both teams having moments where they had the run of the play. We were able to get up early, but seymour had some great opportunities and finally found the net after alot of pressure in the box. I was very concerned with the momentum shift when they got their goal late in the first half. The second half seemed like a boxing match with the physical play being allowed, the ref did say he would let the boys play and step in when he needed to, which I think he did. I didn't agree with every call and felt like we probably got away with some. That isn't our style and I hate to see us play like that, but we are dealing with young men who get caught up by the moment and with no timeouts in soccer, its hard to control from the sideline. I wish I had done a better job.

I thought it was a well played game. The skill and intensity levels were where they should have been for that game. I think the refs called it evenly and I liked the fact that they let these two teams, in a championship game, leave it all on the field. Every player that stepped on the field pushed hard and no one has anything to be ashamed of. I really want to congratulate Alcoa, not only for a hard fought and well deserved win, but for the class they showed on and off the field. Alcoa was class act in every way, and won a match that was befitting a championship event. You did a great job. Congratulations and good luck this week.