MARSHALL COUNTY @ GILES COUNTY

GCBBCTS

Pitching will be the question, especially in Marshall's case. I'll have to check the TSSAA rules for tournament play to see if the 10 inn rule per week is in effect. I assume that Giles will use Clay Sanderson since he has had the most rest. I think that he pitched 7 inn against Loretto so I assume he has 3 inn left for the week. Sanderson could be relieved by Kelby Sutton was has 6 inn left. Marshall's #1 and #2 pitchers - Seth Lintz and Judd Stoltz - have 3 inn and 4 inn left respectively. If I remember the rules correctly, if a pitcher pitches in any part of an inning, that counts as a full inning. If a game 2 happens, pitching will be even a bigger question.

I expect a good game or games with hitting and fielding being key factors. Any errors could cost the game and any big hits could win the game. We'll have to see how it plays out. I'll be there with reports later tonight.

I will re-check the TSSAA rules regarding pitching.

Here is the pitching rule from the TSSAA Handbook dated February 22, 2007:

C. Pitching Rule (Baseball Only) - No player may pitch more than 10 innings on consecutive days. After one day's rest, a pitcher may again pitch as many as 10 innings on consecutive days. If a player pitched at all in any inning, the inning shall count as one full inning pitched. If a player is pitching in a game that is tied at the end of regulation play, he may finish such tie game regardless of the number of innings, provided he did not pitch the previous day or in the first game of a double-header on the same day. If a game is called due to weather or any other reason, innings pitched by any player in such game shall count against the pitcher. THIS RULE SHALL APPLY IN REGULAR-SEASON AND IN ALL TOURNAMENTS.

So after reading this rule in appears that the only pitcher affected would be Marshall's Cory Searls who pitched 7 inning last night.

QUOTE(PageMan @ May 10 2007 - 09:01 AM) 826456299[/snapback]Pitching will be the question, especially in Marshall's case. I'll have to check the TSSAA rules for tournament play to see if the 10 inn rule per week is in effect. I assume that Giles will use Clay Sanderson since he has had the most rest. I think that he pitched 7 inn against Loretto so I assume he has 3 inn left for the week. Sanderson could be relieved by Kelby Sutton was has 6 inn left. Marshall's #1 and #2 pitchers - Seth Lintz and Judd Stoltz - have 3 inn and 4 inn left respectively. If I remember the rules correctly, if a pitcher pitches in any part of an inning, that counts as a full inning. If a game 2 happens, pitching will be even a bigger question.

I expect a good game or games with hitting and fielding being key factors. Any errors could cost the game and any big hits could win the game. We'll have to see how it plays out. I'll be there with reports later tonight.

I will re-check the TSSAA rules regarding pitching.

THE RULE IS IN AFFECT. I THINK LINTZ HAS THROWN SEVEN INNINGS SO FAR AND STOLTZ HAS THROWN SIX. IF THEY DO PITCH IT WILL BE ON SHORT REST. LINTZ THREW FIVE INNINGS MONDAY AND AROUND THIRTY FIVE PITCHES TUESDAY NIGHT. STOLTZ ALSO THREW ALOT TUESDAY NIGHT, PROBABLY CLOSE TO 85 PITCHES. TONIGHT SHOULD BE A BATTLE OF OFFENSES.

QUOTE(GCBBCTS @ May 10 2007 - 10:23 AM) 826456327[/snapback]THE RULE IS IN AFFECT. I THINK LINTZ HAS THROWN SEVEN INNINGS SO FAR AND STOLTZ HAS THROWN SIX. IF THEY DO PITCH IT WILL BE ON SHORT REST. LINTZ THREW FIVE INNINGS MONDAY AND AROUND THIRTY FIVE PITCHES TUESDAY NIGHT. STOLTZ ALSO THREW ALOT TUESDAY NIGHT, PROBABLY CLOSE TO 85 PITCHES. TONIGHT SHOULD BE A BATTLE OF OFFENSES.

I think, if I'm remember correctly, that when you get to tournament play the pitching rule changes from 1 day to sitting out 1 game...

Of course if the pitcher threw a complete game with a high pitch count, no coach in his right mind would ask him to throw the following night as well...he might get 1 or 2 good innings but then your going to run into the problem of knowing the right time to bring in the relief guy. One pitch too many could be the one that goes over the wall!

Ask one of the "real umps" that cruise around this board, they will know the tournament rules better then me...

It would be bad coaching if Marshall pitches either one.. One days rest isn't enough for anybody no matter if their arm is in the best shape. I would save Lintz for the Region game because of the must win situation. Marshall's coaches are good about that but have been known to throw their pitchers to much!

I hate to bring this up but, I just looked at the radar and there appears to be a bow-shaped line of thunderstorms near Jackson headed this way. A rain-out today could give pitchers an extra day of rest. I'll keep an eye on the radar before I leave for Pulaski at 2 PM.

WSMV Radar: http://www.wsmv.com/wxmap/9363972/detail.html

Intellicast Radar: http://www.intellicast.com/IcastPage/LoadP...mp;prodnav=none

QUOTE(PageMan @ May 10 2007 - 12:38 PM) 826456519[/snapback]I hate to bring this up but, I just looked at the radar and there appears to be a bow-shaped line of thunderstorms near Jackson headed this way. A rain-out today could give pitchers an extra day of rest. I'll keep an eye on the radar before I leave for Pulaski at 2 PM.

WSMV Radar: http://www.wsmv.com/wxmap/9363972/detail.html

Intellicast Radar: http://www.intellicast.com/IcastPage/LoadP...mp;prodnav=none

What time does the game start?