Region 3AA

hot_bat_kid

QUOTE(hot_bat_kid @ May 12 2007 - 09:16 PM) 826458230[/snapback]Monday's region 3 matchups are the same as last years. Will the results be the same or different? I think that district five is stronger and that Meigs and Central will play for the sixth time this year again on Wednesday.

Not sure how you figure 5AA to be stronger. It had three teams that appear to be equal and bunch of weak teams. The out of district games also were fairly weak.

ND and Marion are solid clubs and ER, Seq and CCS were all competitive. Just looking of ND's OOD wins is impressive. They beat Baylor (already qualified for the Fling and very good), Ool (seven signees), Gordon Lee (Ga state ranked and also seven signees), Red Bank (3AAA winners) Soddy (also 3AAA) and McCallie, in addition to winning the regular season district.

I could easily see Marion and ND playing for a fourth time Wednesday,

Meigs schedule at http://www.coacht.com/inside/schedule.cfm?...amp;SeasonID=58 is pretty weak. That said, their two pitchers are good and they may well win, but not sure how you can argue that district is tougher.

QUOTE(hot_bat_kid @ May 12 2007 - 10:16 PM) 826458230[/snapback]Monday's region 3 matchups are the same as last years. Will the results be the same or different? I think that district five is stronger and that Meigs and Central will play for the sixth time this year again on Wednesday.

don't overlook ND and Marion

QUOTE(broadbat @ May 13 2007 - 06:03 PM) 826458511[/snapback]Obviously, hot bat kid hasn't seen much of ND's Sam Eberle. And Meigs County's great pitchers haven't faced many batters like him either.

Monday's game figures to be a 8-2 win for the Irish over Meigs.

Obviously you havent seen their two pitchers, i have seen them many times this yr. Im not takin anything away from Notre Dame, but I think their pitching will beat yalls hitting. JMO

BTW: Wats yalls predictions on the Marion/Central game?

ND has quality pitching as well. Chris holloway is a tough customer. He has been the winning pitcher in nearly every big game ND has played.

Wyatt Ervin has ptiched well the last half of the season. Not saying ND will win but they have some good pitchers.

Marion as well has good pitching Herschel Bettis and Blake Fowler are top notch. The Warriors are a hard nosed bunch of players and are well coached.

Should be two good games.

QUOTE(canadian @ May 13 2007 - 06:06 PM) 826458566[/snapback]Obviously you havent seen their two pitchers, i have seen them many times this yr. Im not takin anything away from Notre Dame, but I think their pitching will beat yalls hitting. JMO

BTW: Wats yalls predictions on the Marion/Central game?

Roberts and Garland are good. ND saw them last year, but there is a slight difference in pitching against Tyner, Brainerd and Boyd, and facing Baylor, Red Bank, Soddy, McCallie, Gordon Lee and Marion.

We'll find out tonight.