Compare Oakland to Bartlett

WILDCATS47

I've seen both teams play in boro and Oakland seems to be the better team, but not by much. Both teams hit the ball hard and plays a good defense, but Oakland's pitching seems to be better. But remember Bartlett's starting line up are jr's, that's where Oakland has the advantage. Or course, neither team has advanced to the state yet..but I'm sure both teams will be there. Good Luck to both teams.

QUOTE(BARTLETTDG07 @ May 15 2007 - 03:57 PM) 826459589[/snapback]YOU CANT REALLY COMPARE TWO GREAT TEAMS. THE ONLY WAY TO FiND OUT WHO iS "BETTER" iS FOR THEM TO ACTUALLY PLAY EACH OTHER. WHO KNOWS MAYBE WiLL MEET iN THE BORO. GOOD LUCK GUYS!

Before Monday Nights games I printed a bracket and penciled in who I thought would win... of the 16 games played I got 15 correct ... and missed one.

I have predictions penciled in for all but one game for Wednesday... just call me superstitious! ***wink

For Friday's elimination games I think I can call about half of them but the rest will be too close to call... from that point on the game will go to the team most focused and in control of their pitches in my opinion.

The air is electrifying isn't it.

I can't even imagine the excitement these young men are trying to contain in order to stay calm enough to play.

QUOTE(davidlimbaugh @ May 10 2007 - 09:34 PM)

I think this is right?

Cocke Co at Science Hill

Kingsport DB at Morristown West

Oak Ridge at South Doyle

William Blount at Halls

Soddy Daisy at Cleveland

Bradley Central at Red Bank

Cookeville at Coffee County

Lawrence Co at Oakland

Smyrna at Clarksville

Rossview at Mt Juliet

Antioch at Overton

Franklin at Hunters Lane

13-16 ???

my predictions:

Science hill

DB

SD

WB

CLevalnd

Bradley Central

Cookeville gotta go with 7AAA good luck cavs

Oakland

Smyrna

Mt Juliet

Overton

Franklin

these were my predictions i know i missed cookeville i dont know about the rest

QUOTE(riverdaleman @ May 15 2007 - 05:08 PM) 826459630[/snapback]QUOTE(davidlimbaugh @ May 10 2007 - 09:34 PM)

I think this is right?

Cocke Co at Science Hill

Kingsport DB at Morristown West

Oak Ridge at South Doyle

William Blount at Halls

Soddy Daisy at Cleveland

Bradley Central at Red Bank

Cookeville at Coffee County

Lawrence Co at Oakland

Smyrna at Clarksville

Rossview at Mt Juliet

Antioch at Overton

Franklin at Hunters Lane

13-16 ???

my predictions:

Science hill

DB

SD

WB

CLevalnd

Bradley Central

Cookeville gotta go with 7AAA good luck cavs

Oakland

Smyrna

Mt Juliet

Overton

Franklin

these were my predictions i know i missed cookeville i dont know about the rest

You were 11 for 12. there were 16 games total.

I was 15 of 16... I missed Mt. Juliet... Rossview was #1 by the win loss ration and and MJ was #5 in that district...

That is proof that you can make a very good educated guess by looking at what they did in the regular season, but if you go bay that Cocke County should have never made it the final 32.... so number alone can't factor in the heart of those boys who take the field on game day! As a coach you compile those season numbers and stats for you team in order to make the best decision at game time....but you have to also be able to feel whats going on in a game and know which kids can better handle the pressure...which ones you can leave in longer because they can shake off a bad play and which ones will blow apart after a bad play.

So many things a coach has to monitor during the game....it's always a lot more then just numbers and statistics.

A State Tournament pool of Oakland, Bartlett, Smyrna and say DB would be a battle of survival....

Like the year one pool at Memphis was Farragut, Houston, Hendersonville and Riverdale. Has anyone looked to

see how many kids in that pool are currently playing college ball or pro-ball. The number will amaze you!!!