CAK vs Hume Fogg predictions

footfairy10

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(stamfordbridgesoccer @ May 25 2007 - 07:04 AM) 826466687[/snapback]I do not want to stir up trouble, but I would not mind someone starting another thread explaining how and why CAK, Catholic, and Notre Dame left D2 soccer. I got out of the TN soccer loop when my family moved but am now back in state and back involved.

I have already heard from a Notre Dame assistant on this issue. His comments were noteworthy, but I will not share them hear as it is not on topic.

I am just hoping for a good match. I go with CAK 2-0

I may be wrong on both counts, but first, I think that this topic will be covered in the Private/Public forum. Second, I don't think that CAK was ever a D2 school. I'm gonna say CAK 3-1

QUOTE(stamfordbridgesoccer @ May 25 2007 - 05:04 AM) 826466687[/snapback]I do not want to stir up trouble, but I would not mind someone starting another thread explaining how and why CAK, Catholic, and Notre Dame left D2 soccer. I got out of the TN soccer loop when my family moved but am now back in state and back involved.

I have already heard from a Notre Dame assistant on this issue. His comments were noteworthy, but I will not share them hear as it is not on topic.

I am just hoping for a good match. I go with CAK 2-0

No problem with another topic, but one problem about the question. CAK has never been in division 2. Division 2 isn't based on public or private, it is based on allowing someone with tuition assistance or scholarship to still play athletics. CAK has always been in division 1 (non "scholarship" league) but Catholic and Notre Dame just came back into D1 last season for their own reasons.

You all will get your wish most likely in 2009 (if not before hand with the lawsuit that is in the supreme court). If someone tells us to go to division 2 or if our administration choses to go that direction, we will go, and without a fight. Until then, we will continue to try and do our best (wouldn't any of you do the same?)

Hume Fogg, I remember 5 years ago the exact feeling that you guys are feeling now. CAK was barely ranked and no one believed that we could be in the state finals, let alone win it. I applaud your performance thus far, and look forward to our games. Don't get wrapped up in the "nay" sayers, but enjoy the experience. It is a memorable one! See you all on Saturday!

QUOTE(brick25 @ May 25 2007 - 12:24 AM) 826466605[/snapback]Cak will win again and thus demonstrating that a/aa is the biggest joke ever im sorry but when ur championship consist of 3 teams who are not even ranked in the top 20 , nothing against cak but they have not proved anything new because after 5 times its clear to see that they can dominate very low skilled oppents. I would like to see cak and catholic go back into d2 or make a new division. Good luck to cak even though they probably dont need it and big g before u get back on and say that hume fogg and a/aa is great ... really think about it deep down u know that this is a joke

I agree with Asianinvasion, this sort of post does not belong in this thread, not to mention that CAK was never in D2.

Attacking A-AA is ridiculous. These schools do not have the manpower of AAA yet often A-AA has been victorious against the AAA schools. FRA and CPA have enrollments of about 500, yet they have tied and/ or defeated schools with 3 times the number of boys.

I am sure that if Hume Fogg and CAK had an additional 500 boys to find athletes/ players in their school that they would be even stronger teams.

Looking at HF's results they were undefeated against AAA. Their only blemish was a tie against Wilson Central who made the AAA regions.

In fact I would say that A-AA often overachieves against AAA when you consider that many of the schools are significantly smaller than their AAA bretheren.

QUOTE(brick25 @ May 24 2007 - 10:24 PM) 826466605[/snapback]Cak will win again and thus demonstrating that a/aa is the biggest joke ever im sorry but when ur championship consist of 3 teams who are not even ranked in the top 20 , nothing against cak but they have not proved anything new because after 5 times its clear to see that they can dominate very low skilled oppents. I would like to see cak and catholic go back into d2 or make a new division. Good luck to cak even though they probably dont need it and big g before u get back on and say that hume fogg and a/aa is great ... really think about it deep down u know that this is a joke

Grow and brain and then come back and talk to us.............

QUOTE(brick25 @ May 24 2007 - 10:24 PM) 826466605[/snapback]Cak will win again and thus demonstrating that a/aa is the biggest joke ever im sorry but when ur championship consist of 3 teams who are not even ranked in the top 20 , nothing against cak but they have not proved anything new because after 5 times its clear to see that they can dominate very low skilled oppents. I would like to see cak and catholic go back into d2 or make a new division. Good luck to cak even though they probably dont need it and big g before u get back on and say that hume fogg and a/aa is great ... really think about it deep down u know that this is a joke

Part of his (above) argument is that a lesser known team made the final, and it appears that CAK will have an easier route to their 5th title. The argument is flawed. What if Cookeville, a good team that had a great year, had made the AAA final. That would not make the AAA tournament a joke. It shows that soccer is a unpredictable game. Three years ago, an under .500 USN team made the DII final. I don'k anyone is going to legitimately say that DII soccer is a joke.

Brick, I believe you are a Webb guy. You had the best year in school history (a great season that should make you proud), and you tied a great team in CAK and beat Catholic for the first time in a few years. That does not seam to put you towering above A/AA soccer.

QUOTE(Nashville Panther @ May 25 2007 - 07:16 AM) 826466719[/snapback]Attacking A-AA is ridiculous. These schools do not have the manpower of AAA yet often A-AA has been victorious against the AAA schools. FRA and CPA have enrollments of about 500, yet they have tied and/ or defeated schools with 3 times the number of boys.

I am sure that if Hume Fogg and CAK had an additional 500 boys to find athletes/ players in their school that they would be even stronger teams.

Looking at HF's results they were undefeated against AAA. Their only blemish was a tie against Wilson Central who made the AAA regions.

In fact I would say that A-AA often overachieves against AAA when you consider that many of the schools are significantly smaller than their AAA bretheren.

FYI

2006 enrollment according to tssaa.org

CPA - 310

FRA - 279

CAK - 373

Hume-Fogg - 847

I think CAK's style of play and possession combined with the heat will run HF out of gas early in the second half. CAK's defense has been very strong and I don't think HF will get a goal. Tarr has played the best he has all season and I think he will get a hat trick. CAK is playing the best they have all season. CAK 4-0 another goal by someone else, maybe either Pifer, Ragland, Liedle, Holt, or Propes. Just my thought no offense to HF, you're a great team and played good last night and have had a great season. Good luck to both teams. Should be a great game