CAK is 2007 A-AA State Champion

CoachT

QUOTE(ManU90 @ May 26 2007 - 03:51 PM) 826467632[/snapback]i was at this game, and CAK did a really good job of moving the ball around. it seemed like the only thing hume fogg could really do was bang the ball up top, which resulted in a few good chances but nothing more.

you sure you were at the game because i played 75 of the 80 minutes and i didn't see this at all. We had just as many quality chances if not more, they just finished better. We scored first, and 5 minutes later had a shot that caks keeper made a ridiculous save and got a fingertip on it to push it out for a corner. We had a ball roll across the box right to our forward who whiffed it, and then a corner that our sweeper hit just wide after the keeper misjudged it. The last ten minutes of the game we did nothing but attack and we had them on their heels. Ask big G i was jogging up the field past caks bench as he was screaming for everyone to "DROP HARD". The only thing CAK did in the last 10 was tarr took the ball to the corner which i took from him and played a ball up the sideline which led to another quality attack. Like i said we had our chances we just couldn't finish. They had four quality chances tarr's goals a tarr shot that rang the post and a good header off a free kick which went straight to out keeper. Other than tarr's three shots not one of their shots from distance was even close. Also we did possess the ball and saying that all we did was bang the ball up top is ridiculuous. You make us sound like a bunch of drooling retard rec players who don't know how to posses the ball at all and can't connect a pass before tripping over our own two feet. I don't care what you or anyone else thinks, we hung with them easily, and guess what CCS, and CPA couldn't score on the so called iron curtain but guess who did? Thats right the retard rec players which all they did was bang the ball up top. FUNNY HUH? so once again im not sure what game you were at but im pretty sure it wasn't this one.

One thing about CAK however, they are the classiest team i've played against in my high school career. Everyone of their players and coaches talked to me for about ten seconds easy after the game. Those boys are very very talented and deserve that fifth title and if we had to lose to somebody i am glad it was them. Congrats on your fifth title CAK and thanks again for your compliments and encouragement. Big G i really appreciate what you said to me after the game and i think your one heck of a coach and CAK should definately keep you around.(not that your in any trouble of losing your job)

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(volball625 @ May 27 2007 - 02:30 AM) 826467922[/snapback]you sure you were at the game because i played 75 of the 80 minutes and i didn't see this at all. We had just as many quality chances if not more, they just finished better. We scored first, and 5 minutes later had a shot that caks keeper made a ridiculous save and got a fingertip on it to push it out for a corner. We had a ball roll across the box right to our forward who whiffed it, and then a corner that our sweeper hit just wide after the keeper misjudged it. The last ten minutes of the game we did nothing but attack and we had them on their heels. Ask big G i was jogging up the field past caks bench as he was screaming for everyone to "DROP HARD". The only thing CAK did in the last 10 was tarr took the ball to the corner which i took from him and played a ball up the sideline which led to another quality attack. Like i said we had our chances we just couldn't finish. They had four quality chances tarr's goals a tarr shot that rang the post and a good header off a free kick which went straight to out keeper. Other than tarr's three shots not one of their shots from distance was even close. Also we did possess the ball and saying that all we did was bang the ball up top is ridiculuous. You make us sound like a bunch of drooling retard rec players who don't know how to posses the ball at all and can't connect a pass before tripping over our own two feet. I don't care what you or anyone else thinks, we hung with them easily, and guess what CCS, and CPA couldn't score on the so called iron curtain but guess who did? Thats right the retard rec players which all they did was bang the ball up top. FUNNY HUH? so once again im not sure what game you were at but im pretty sure it wasn't this one.

One thing about CAK however, they are the classiest team i've played against in my high school career. Everyone of their players and coaches talked to me for about ten seconds easy after the game. Those boys are very very talented and deserve that fifth title and if we had to lose to somebody i am glad it was them. Congrats on your fifth title CAK and thanks again for your compliments and encouragement. Big G i really appreciate what you said to me after the game and i think your one heck of a coach and CAK should definately keep you around.(not that your in any trouble of losing your job)

Volball, if you are the left fullback (#29 or 26?) my guys had nothing but great things to say about you. You put your whole heart into it, and played a great game. Hume Fogg was not intimidated at all in this game, which showed by scoring first and early. #7 and #6 were two of the fastest ball handlers I have seen. You all overcame the "odds" and made it to a game that no one but yourselves believed you could be in. While the shot count was heavy in CAK's favor (at least on paper) volball is right that there were some very close chances to tie it up or take the lead. Gorman made a great low post save, and your left forward had an unlucky miss on one of our mistakes.

Thank you for your compliments on our team. It was a pleasure talking to you after the game, as well. Don't worry about the respect (or lack there of) thing from the people across the state. There will ALWAYS be doubters and "nay sayers" no matter how many you win or lose. What you guys need to focus on is the knowledge that you did what it took to get to the finals. We congratulate you on a tremendous season, and wish you the best of luck next year. You have every right to hold your heads up high.

I just want to thank everyone here for their kind words about my school. You guys are such great kids and are only playing to have fun and beacause you love the game, not to critize players. You guys are so nice and are awesome to congradulate us on a win. As players you guys know how much it means to be encouraged by each other. Thank you. You guys are great. Good luck