DII State Results

QUOTE(Hopi @ May 26 2007 - 07:04 PM) 826467724[/snapback]Any have scores of pool games held Friday and Saturday

I know that Team Memphis Elite/Flight won the 13u and 14u divisions, and finished 3rd in the 16u division. Congratulations to the girls and coaches for an impressive weekend.

QUOTE(elitebball @ May 27 2007 - 05:39 PM) 826468135[/snapback]I know that Team Memphis Elite/Flight won the 13u and 14u divisions, and finished 3rd in the 16u division. Congratulations to the girls and coaches for an impressive weekend.

eliteball,

Just curious are these the same 13u and 14u that won D1?

QUOTE(bballmomma @ May 31 2007 - 08:01 AM) 826469516[/snapback]eliteball,

Just curious are these the same 13u and 14u that won D1?

No that's not allowed. These are completely different girls and coaches. We are blessed with a lot of talent in the Memphis and West Tn area, so we have multiple teams at many age groups and some of them compete as D 2 teams. Div 2 starts at 13u for the TN state tournaments.

QUOTE(elitebball @ May 31 2007 - 01:46 PM) 826469669[/snapback]No that's not allowed. These are completely different girls and coaches. We are blessed with a lot of talent in the Memphis and West Tn area, so we have multiple teams at many age groups and some of them compete as D 2 teams. Div 2 starts at 13u for the TN state tournaments.

I thought there were very few AAU teams in the Memphis area. Other than your program, how many AAU clubs are there? Seems like there are hundreds in East and Middle Tennessee. Why wouldn't your team play in Division I?

Most Div II teams are school teams and not the recruited teams. There would be many Division I teams capable of winning a Division II tournament.

QUOTE(Set A Virp @ May 31 2007 - 03:40 PM) 826469741[/snapback]I thought there were very few AAU teams in the Memphis area. Other than your program, how many AAU clubs are there? Seems like there are hundreds in East and Middle Tennessee. Why wouldn't your team play in Division I?

Most Div II teams are school teams and not the recruited teams. There would be many Division I teams capable of winning a Division II tournament.

I don't understand your points. I said we were blessed with a lot of talent in this area and we definitely are. There are other clubs in this area but we are the largest, actually the largest in the state. Between our organization and the others here we have hundreds of girls participating in AAU. That is why we have multiple teams in many age groups, and some of those teams choose to compete at the D2 level. I don't agree with your statement about D2 teams just being for school teams, although some certainly are. D2 on the AAU national level is very competitive and the teams that choose to compete in that classification do so because they feel they are best suited to that level of competition, a cut below D1 but still very competitive. That is what D2 was created for.

As to the statement about teams being "recruited", we post tryout dates and locations and the girls show up. Certainly some girls at the highest level are approached about playing, but for the most part we market our program and those interested respond. I'm sure this is true across the state. I am not personally in favor of school teams playing together in the summer, and I think the folks at TSSAA would agree with me.

And as to Div 1 teams winning Div 2 tournaments, the fact is our Div 1 teams competed very well at the D1 level and our Div 2 teams did likewise at the D2 level. Which is a credit to the girls and coaches.......

QUOTE(ScienceHillDad @ Jun 6 2007 - 08:28 PM) 826472320[/snapback]What were the entire tourney game scores? I can't seem to locate on this board or the tn aau board. I'm interested in girls 13U

I agree. It's like they never happened. There are maybe 3 different topics about the DII state and no one is posting about the 13U. The closest we've gotten is that Memphis Elite won (congratulations BTW). Can we get more info, please?

QUOTE(Hopi @ May 26 2007 - 06:04 PM) 826467724[/snapback]Any have scores of pool games held Friday and Saturday

Pool A

Memphis Elite Farmer 1

Tn Voyagers 4

Super 13's 3

Lady Shox(White) 2

Pool B

Cleveland Heat 2

Memphis Sparks 3

TN Dreams Basketball 4

1st TN Stars 1

Pool A

Memphis Elite Farmer 93 vs Tn Voyagers 27