2008 A/AA

timbdp

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(timbdp @ May 26 2007 - 09:46 PM) 826467862[/snapback]who will be the favorites?

(chuckles) Wow... it hasn't even been 24 hours since the 2007 were crowned /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Honestly. while it is far too early to predict and the championship game is just ended, odds are that we will continue to see domination from the Nashville, Knoxville and Chattanooga districts.

As to who will win those districts I know not. But I would guess that CAtholic, ND, CCS, CSAS, CAK will remain at the top in those districts.

District 9 A-AA (Nashville) will be a great race. The top teams CPA, FRA, Ezell, HF, DL lost a great number of good players. It will be a great battle. If MLK who brings everyone back can get it together they might be at the top as well.

As to West Tenn, Region 1, Region 4 and region 6 - I have no clue!!!

QUOTE(Nashville Panther @ May 27 2007 - 08:17 AM) 826467944[/snapback]Honestly. while it is far too early to predict and the championship game is just ended, odds are that we will continue to see domination from the Nashville, Knoxville and Chattanooga districts.

As to who will win those districts I know not. But I would guess that CAtholic, ND, CCS, CSAS, CAK will remain at the top in those districts.

District 9 A-AA (Nashville) will be a great race. The top teams CPA, FRA, Ezell, HF, DL lost a great number of good players. It will be a great battle. If MLK who brings everyone back can get it together they might be at the top as well.

As to West Tenn, Region 1, Region 4 and region 6 - I have no clue!!!

psh i dont know what your talking bout with FRA, starting our JV next year. were the shizzzzz

Let me get this straight...

A/AA schools have low enrollment, so they don't get to choose from a very big pool. They are fortunate if they have a few good players in their zones, since they don't have the enrollment of AAA schools. You can only go to these schools if you live in their small school zone. Thus, the creation of A/AA in order to level the playing field due to size differences in public schools.

However, if a good player, wherever he/she may live, wants to attend one of the private schools, they can. Get one or two of these players and automatically you are one of the best A/AA teams in the state as long as you don't give financial aid?

If a pretty good player lived in an A/AA zone, and could afford to attend a private school, why stay in your zoned school if you could challenge for a championship by going private?

QUOTE(bruinsoccer @ May 27 2007 - 11:42 PM) 826468258[/snapback]Let me get this straight...

A/AA schools have low enrollment, so they don't get to choose from a very big pool. They are fortunate if they have a few good players in their zones, since they don't have the enrollment of AAA schools. You can only go to these schools if you live in their small school zone. Thus, the creation of A/AA in order to level the playing field due to size differences in public schools.

However, if a good player, wherever he/she may live, wants to attend one of the private schools, they can. Get one or two of these players and automatically you are one of the best A/AA teams in the state as long as you don't give financial aid?

If a pretty good player lived in an A/AA zone, and could afford to attend a private school, why stay in your zoned school if you could challenge for a championship by going private?

For most intents and purposes, you got it right. However...

I don't really know much about soccer, but I do know that there are 11 players on the field at once. So, it might be a stretch to say getting one or two good players at a private school is going to automatically make them contenders for the state title.

As for the original question of this thread, I'd have to throw CAK's name into the hat.

QUOTE(shnikens @ May 27 2007 - 11:11 PM) 826468271[/snapback]For most intents and purposes, you got it right. However...

I don't really know much about soccer, but I do know that there are 11 players on the field at once. So, it might be a stretch to say getting one or two good players at a private school is going to automatically make them contenders for the state title.

As for the original question of this thread, I'd have to throw CAK's name into the hat.

Okay to play devils advocate here.....as a coach let me tell you two really good players added to a already good team can have a huge impact...especially if one is a great forward/mid and the other a great sweeper. Granted a bad team with two great players still wont do much but take a team already competing for a district title and give them two studs like mentioned above and sectionals/state is not a stretch. My only issue with private is the unfairness of who they get. How many great players going to a private school transfer to a public versus the other way around? But your team is who they are and if you want to beat the best under the current system you just have to work harder yourself and so do your teammates.

And on topic how can you go against CAK to repeat again, I'm sure getting great players to go there is not very hard right now..which is a testament to what the coach and school have built.