Covington Baseball Questions?

Mr. Baseball

QUOTE(Mr. Baseball @ Jun 12 2007 - 08:06 AM) 826474145[/snapback]I have heard that there is a coach from out of state who has the administration's interest. All I know is that he is a young, hard-nosed disciplinarian who has already won multiple state championships and coach of the year awards in his state.

who is this tht would be good hire dont know how the hard nose disiplinarian would go though we have one now thats probably goin to run the team off

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Chargers06 @ Jun 15 2007 - 06:59 AM) 826475380[/snapback]who is this tht would be good hire dont know how the hard nose disiplinarian would go though we have one now thats probably goin to run the team off

I don't know his name or even state but I do know his resume is very impressive. From what I have heard they haven't even started interviewing. I would think they would want to get someone in place for the summer. Who is coaching them now? This team isn't receptive to discipline?

QUOTE(CHSGRAD99 @ Jun 15 2007 - 11:46 AM) 826475459[/snapback]Im not so sure its the discipline thats the problem. I think its more of a respect issue with the coach there now. You have to give respect to earn respect, and I think that has kind of been lost in this transition.

you hit the nail on the head its both ways the coach has zero respect foe the players and he gets zero back

I thought there coach had left? Is the coach you are referring to their interim summer coach? Have they started interviews yet? If not, when will they start. I would think they would want someone in there asap.

yea, it's the summer coach, he trys to run ability in to his players.

From the rumors that have been flying around town, it seems he has run, or should I say caught, one of the best players right off the team. It's one thing to play the best player at that position, but it's another when the kid can't phyiscally do the job due to injury or illness. I'm just interested to see how things play out, but I feel for the kids right now.

Posters have mentioned all the talent that is there. Will a new coach be able to mend the fences that this interim coach has broke apart? Why would they have someone in this position who isn't qualified?

Good question if they do not hire a new coach soon i honestly doubt we will have enough baseball players to dress out I played football under this guy and he is very unqualified to coach anything this guy only cares abut one thing himself. hopefuly the new coach will come in make the adjustments and be personable We did the right thing and hired a good football coach now lets do the same for baseball