region 1 1a

pujo

QUOTE(Storm55 @ Jun 3 2007 - 07:13 PM) 826470923[/snapback]You are entitled to your opinion, but if we didn't have Mark Byrd in 2001, we wouldn't have made it to state. He is the all time game breaker in East Tennessee. That game breaker took us to the state. Sure he couldn't have done it on his own, but they couldn't have done it without him. Hampton has mediocre players no where near the caliber of Adam Townsend or Jonathan Lyons. The fans would make it easier on this team if they wouldn't put so much hype on them. If they get far again this year, then be proud. They don't have the guns to win state. Crockett wouldn't even make the playoffs in 1-A. Don't kid yourself.

Mark was an outstanding player, but make no mistake,he had alot of help around him all 4 years.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(pujo @ Jun 3 2007 - 09:27 PM) 826471004[/snapback]You have to have a solid TEAM to make it that far down the road, one player is not going to get you there. Marco Daily far surpassed the record Mark set, Jackson Christian stopped him and that was all she wrote. I'd much rather have 11 solid players than a couple of game breakers. Hampton may have average players ,but my guess is ,they have three seniors who will bw playng on Saturday.

I agree with that. I'm not crazy enough to think that. All I'm saying is that you need a solid team with a few athletes. In 2001, we pounded out first downs all night, but still got beat 63-26 because of GAMEBREAKERS backed by a solid team. The same with Trousdale a couple of seasons ago. Don't have a dog in the race anymore. Just trying to make good conversation.

QUOTE(Storm55 @ Jun 4 2007 - 06:31 AM) 826471064[/snapback]I agree with that. I'm not crazy enough to think that. All I'm saying is that you need a solid team with a few athletes. In 2001, we pounded out first downs all night, but still got beat 63-26 because of GAMEBREAKERS backed by a solid team. The same with Trousdale a couple of seasons ago. Don't have a dog in the race anymore. Just trying to make good conversation.

Teams in this region are not going to out run too many people ,we have to make our living the hard way, mix in a pass or 2 and try to limit the other teams posessions. I always think the glass is half full.

QUOTE(pujo @ Jun 3 2007 - 10:33 PM) 826471008[/snapback]Mark was an outstanding player, but make no mistake,he had alot of help around him all 4 years.

Krispy Kreme Karl agrees Mark Byrd had help. But Krispy Kreme Karl makes this point, when Mark Byrd injured his leg with a 21-point lead against CAK, what happened? Krispy Kreme Karl was at that game and Cloudland couldn't do a thing without him 100 percent. Krispy Kreme Karl knows if Mark Byrd wasn't on the 2001 team, Cloudland would not have played for State and the game with Ezell wouldn't have been as close as it was.

QUOTE(KrispyKremeKarl @ Jun 6 2007 - 09:11 AM) 826472053[/snapback]

Krispy Kreme Karl agrees Mark Byrd had help. But Krispy Kreme Karl makes this point, when Mark Byrd injured his leg with a 21-point lead against CAK, what happened? Krispy Kreme Karl was at that game and Cloudland couldn't do a thing without him 100 percent. Krispy Kreme Karl knows if Mark Byrd wasn't on the 2001 team, Cloudland would not have played for State and the game with Ezell wouldn't have been as close as it was.

What alot of people don't know about the CAKgame was Cloudland also lost their starting guard and had to play a freshman.But with Mark hurt, they were not the same team.

QUOTE(pujo @ Jun 6 2007 - 12:11 PM) 826472074[/snapback]Don't know much about it, but I heard Cumberland Gap layed it on Cosby. If this is so, I don't see Cosby doing so great this season.

I don't know who told you they laid it on us but they saw a different scrimmage than I did. If the scoreboard had been on it would have looked something like 21-14 them at the end of the night. We played without several starters on the line and without our best Fullback and still played em pretty good. They scored most of their TD's late in chump time as well. Being totally honest they were about a half TD better team than us. If CG develops a QB and a secondary they will be good this fall they got one more tough runner and a good defensive front. When were 100% healthy we will be right there in the mix again this fall.

QUOTE(old24eagle @ Jun 9 2007 - 05:50 PM) 826473360[/snapback]I don't know who told you they laid it on us but they saw a different scrimmage than I did. If the scoreboard had been on it would have looked something like 21-14 them at the end of the night. We played without several starters on the line and without our best Fullback and still played em pretty good. They scored most of their TD's late in chump time as well. Being totally honest they were about a half TD better team than us. If CG develops a QB and a secondary they will be good this fall they got one more tough runner and a good defensive front. When were 100% healthy we will be right there in the mix again this fall.

They made it sound alot worse, They said Cosby,s defense did alright for a while. They said as it went along, they were scoring 2 or 3 times every 10 plays. They said Cosby had a quick quaterback that got lose one time and threw a td pass. Its only what Iheard, I sure wasn,t there. But ,good luck to Cosby and I hope they have another good year.