Scrimmages

timbdp

White House-Heritage is off and running.... Hanna Bailey(JR. Forward) had a hat trick in each game !!!

8/13/07 WH Heritage 7

Springfield 0

8/14/07 WH Heritage 4

McGavock 1

Will finish off the week with Portland on 8/16/07.

First offical game is 8/23/07 VS Greenbrier

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

White House-Heritage is off and running.... Hanna Bailey(JR. Forward) had a hat trick in each game !!!

8/13/07 WH Heritage 7

Springfield 0

8/14/07 WH Heritage 4

McGavock 1

where was these scrimmages at and where will the portland scrimmage be at and what time

I know its preseason, but is anyone else a little surprised by this result? I would have predicted a much closer game in the end.

fake edit: yeah... i guess being preseason has something to do with it. but still....

Was the game at Baylor or at Bearden?

I wish I had seen the game so I could make a more informed opionion (attendees please help here). Ignorance never stopped me before, so I will offer these opinions. Bearden will be strong again--too much talent, too much coaching. My guess is that Coach Turner was messing with combinations in the midfield to replace important talent lost through graduation. Still, kudos to Baylor. They seem to crank out good teams in mediocre talent years and great teams in good talent years. This is a function of their coaching, mostly, but also to their excellent training facilities. We will see both of these teams advance deep into their respective playoff brackets.

The game was 1-1 at the half, and one of Baylor's goals was accidentally put in by Bearden. Bearden is young, and missing a number of players with injuries right now. That said, Baylor played very well - especially in the second half.

Was the game at Baylor or at Bearden?

I wish I had seen the game so I could make a more informed opionion (attendees please help here). Ignorance never stopped me before, so I will offer these opinions. Bearden will be strong again--too much talent, too much coaching. My guess is that Coach Turner was messing with combinations in the midfield to replace important talent lost through graduation. Still, kudos to Baylor. They seem to crank out good teams in mediocre talent years and great teams in good talent years. This is a function of their coaching, mostly, but also to their excellent training facilities. We will see both of these teams advance deep into their respective playoff brackets.

Hannah Bailey is a sophomore. The Lady Patriots might be the surprise team in District 10 A/AA this year. They are playing great lead by a talented sophomore class in Hannah Bailey, Stephanie Tate (Strong Mid Field Play), Megan Barass (Excellent Sweeper), Megan McDonald (Utility Player and can play anywhere on the field), Mckenzie Park (Superb Keeper). Senior Kelly has really stepped up her play. Tori is playing hard and physical and has not lost many 50/50 balls. Junior Sarah is also is not losing many 50/50 balls and is showing real leadership. Senior Kim is as fast as ever and is challenging every time the ball is near her. Emily has been a great addition along with two 8th graders Haley Doty (2 goals already) and Brittney (1 goal already). Javana already has two goals. Christina and Amanda are fitting in well.

We beat Portland tonight 2-0. Hannah Bailey scored the first goal on a great pass from Stephanie Tate. Late in the second half Javana scored in front of the net on a superb cross from Haley Doty.

This team really took their lumps when the sophomore class was 8th graders, but the improvement each year under Coach C and Assistant Coach Upton has been very noticeable.

8/13/07 WH Heritage 7

Springfield 0

8/14/07 WH Heritage 4

McGavock 1