TSWA All-State Selections

barrister

A thread that began with twsa all-state selections becomes a ###### match between soddy and gps..................................

How do the writers make picks for all-state?

Winner gets ____ players?

Runner up gets___ players?

Other state teams get ___ players?

I dont think a team has to make it to state for players to be on the all state team do they....

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But we're not talking about 5 or 6 years ago, I thought we were talking about the best this year. Gps beat Mt.Juliet 6-0 this year as well, so I guess they probably would have won AAA too. I think everyone knows D1 is tougher, but that is irrelevant here, GPS was better than SD this year, end of story. Did you even go to the games between them? Surely not, if you had, you wouldn't be arguing

yeah you did beat mj 6-0 on 6 infield hits.. but the next time you played them didnt she no hit you? one away from perfect as i remember it..

Yes, Mt.Juliet won 1-0 on a solo HR in the first inning. That was all of the scoring for the game. Good game by both teams. However, I was only trying to silence the chest bumping by a few SD people by reminding them they haven't beaten us in a good while, that's all. Mt.Juliet has been nothing but class as usual, just like their wrestling program...all good people. Good luck to Mt.J next year.

• 3 weeks later...

All the 2007 TSWA All-State Teams (Baseball, Softball and Boys' Soccer) will be released in late July, following the annual TSWA convention where the final selections are made based on nominations from coaches and members of the organization.

I saw something that said the convention was to start July 21, in Memphis. So announcements should be out next week.

I saw something that said the convention was to start July 21, in Memphis. So announcements should be out next week.

Why dont they just wait until school starts back up then it can be announced over the intercom system..whats a few more weeks?

Is there any other state around TN that has not completed the ALL STATE selections? I mean when did the season(s) end?

Is there a valid reason that this process takes so long?

TN -TSWA- get in the game give the recognition to the players/coaches while memories of the season are still fresh.

Tony

If you are anticipating someone you know being named All-State, here is something else you should be aware of. The only notice you will get is what you see here, on the TSWA website or in your local paper. There is no phonecall, no plaque, no certificate or anything. It was in the scoreboard area in the Nashville paper and we actually missed it. Someone from our church that lives in Hendersonville called and told us. They at least had a article about the girls from their area that were named.

If you are anticipating someone you know being named All-State, here is something else you should be aware of. The only notice you will get is what you see here, on the TSWA website or in your local paper. There is no phonecall, no plaque, no certificate or anything. It was in the scoreboard area in the Nashville paper and we actually missed it. Someone from our church that lives in Hendersonville called and told us. They at least had a article about the girls from their area that were named.

Thank you for that info. I guess my player has good a chance as anyone else. Through the season you get to know some players on your team, the conference, region, etc. Its nice to see when recognition is given (timely recognition). What a way for Senior to closeout their highschool career making all state - better late than never I guess.

But reading the rest of your comment - TSWA appears to be a little short on completion of the task. I mean if they have the convention, select the team, enjoy dinner, jokin' and cokein'. Then come back to their respective areas and cant run it in the paper(not saying all area papers dont run an article) seems kind of a shoddy operation to me. Well I guess it a good thing we have this website for information. I guess it is up to your locate TSWA member do they think it is worthy of pulling the information, writing the article, pushing it throught the chop chain informing the area High school coaches etc...yeah I guess THAT is alot to do...sorry for the rant, this is not just about a player but it is about all the players in the state. Do most players even think of this award(correction selection) as being meaningful?

It's really sad that they wait so long after the season has completed. Mississippi, Alabama, and Arkansas had their's named within a week a two or the state championships.

For those girls that graduated in May, they will almost be attending college classes by the time they find out that they were honored in this way.

For others, it comes out so late, I think it takes a little bit of the reward of being named out of it. Additionally, it comes out so late that a player can't build their "resume" to add to or improve their exposure opportunities for summer ball because the season is almost over when it comes out.