Paul Decker and Richard Gambling to Dyersburg

According to Sunday's State Gazette, DHS has just hired former OCCHS assistants Paul Decker and Richard Gambling......

Decker will coach Slots and fullbacks.....While Gambling will coach the defensive line.....

What's the word on these two coaches all you OCCHS grads?.......

I know Decker is married to the former Kim Whipple....

QUOTE(StevieRayVol @ Jun 10 2007 - 09:11 PM) 826473656[/snapback]According to Sunday's State Gazette, DHS has just hired former OCCHS assistants Paul Decker and Richard Gambling......

Decker will coach Slots and fullbacks.....While Gambling will coach the defensive line.....

What's the word on these two coaches all you OCCHS grads?.......

I know Decker is married to the former Kim Whipple....

the way i read the paper was that both coached those positions at occhs the last 4 years. not that they would be coaching them at dyersburg. i do believe decker was also the freshman coach at oc. Coach Newsom coached the slots in the spring and Coach Lee coached the D-Line and fullbacks in the spring. both Newsom and Lee are great coaches i dont see the new guys comming in and tacking their jobs.... but i will agree that adding 2 more coaches will help with the work load

This is what Darren Bowling said in today's paper " Paul is real good at what he does with the slots. It's one of the toughest positons with my offense because they

have to run pass routes, blow up linebackers, and run the football..So, they have to know a lot about the game and he will do a great job of making my job easier"......

Sounds like he is going to be helping A LOT with the slots it seems by that statement... I myself thought that Bowling would bring in somebody that KNEW his offense...Not knocking Randy Newsome but sounds like Decker will have a BIG hand in the offense...

And here's what he said about Gambling......"Coach Gambling is a very loyal, hard working coach. He is the type of guy that arrives early, stays late, and does

whatever needs to be done. He has been around some good coaches over the years and really knows what he's doing with the DEFENSIVE LINE . I think we are lucky to get him because not only does he do a good job on the field, but he also is great in the classroom too".....

Sounds like he is going to be coaching some defensive line IMO.....

I played for both of these coaches and they are both great coaches. They are two in your face kinda of guys that will get right in there with you. They are both great motivators and can get you fired up for anything. Coach Decker and Coach Gamblin care alot about the game and take pride in their team and will do anything for it. Dyersburg is lucky to get two great coaches.

I had heard that Paul was going to Dyer County,but that was some bad info......

Paul is friend of mine.....He has coached my oldest son and was one of,if not his favorite coach..Alot of folks at OC thought he should have been given a more fair shot at the head job when Bowling left,me included.....He has coached my youngest son in baseball for a couple of years.....Paul and Kim are fine people.Dyersburg is lucky to have them....Their son is a very good athlete...I'm not sure if he will play football or not,I don't think he was going to if he stayed at OC(He will be a freshman this year)...He is a very good baseball player..He was actually in Atlanta this weekend at a Pit,Hit and Run Competition(He won his age group in Chattanooga)....He is also a good basketball player....He is a banger inside and was one of Obion County's best in junior high....I'm very happy for them and wish them the very best....

Coach Gamblin, I'm not all that familiar with(Although my son was coached by him for 4 years,I didn't and don't hang out with my son's coaching staffs)..He had been at OC a very long time..All I know about his coaching is that year in and year out OC's defense was a weak link,for whatever that's worth.....

I guess this will make for an interesting Friday night when these two teams hook up next season........

With the addition of Coach Decker to the staff, the slots will improve greatly.....I played for both coaches, and Dyersburg is getting two fine men....They both worked extremely hard, and will do whatever it takes to win.....

Coach Decker is probably one of the best motivators I have ever played for.....Good luck to the Trojans this year!! It looks like I will be heading south this season a little more to watch some football!

With the addition of Coach Decker to the staff, the slots will improve greatly.....I played for both coaches, and Dyersburg is getting two fine men....They both worked extremely hard, and will do whatever it takes to win.....

Coach Decker is probably one of the best motivators I have ever played for.....Good luck to the Trojans this year!! It looks like I will be heading south this season a little more to watch some football!

This year will be fine,but next season you better be staying at home and watching your little brother... /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />