Tryouts 07-08 season

Vivadebella

I'm thinking of going out for Siegel's team for 07-08 , but I can't find the tryout dates

the Siegel website only says I need a physical and to fill out paperwork, but no dates have come up yet. So if anyone has any dates for tryouts (I know they're in June and again in August) please let me know, and also feel free to put other school tryouts for others wondering the same thing. thanks.

How do schools get by with tryouts? Maybe I've lost out on TSSAA schedules and teams are allowed to practice during the summer, but here's what the hand book says:

2006-07 TSSAA Handbook

Q. Is it permissible for a school to have try-outs before the first practice date?

A. Try-outs are considered practice. No school may hold after school try-outs prior to the first practice date as set forth by the TSSAA Sports Calendar.

Page 51 June 14, 2006

I thought that there are a couple of weeks in October and then practice starts again in February. Maybe I need to look at the rule book again since it's been quite awhile.

With the new TSSAA calendar, except for the 2 week dead period, teams can have their tryouts before July 30th of this year. After this date, there is no tryouts, practice or open facilities until after the 1st of January. Practice and tryout will not be allowed until the middle of February. Since most high school teams have to plan fund raising events, it is necessary to have tryouts to narrow down your team so you don't have 40 girls raising money for the team and in February make a cut and make a lot of parents and girls mad because they helped raise X number of dollars and now are not on the team. With the new calendar, next year it will be even harder to get tryouts in, but that's something coaches will have to decide. It used to be easy to pick your team in February and start playing in March, but now to make ends meet most teams can't do that.