Class 1A: Region 7 Favorites

CoachT

Who is the region favorite in 2007?  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the region favorite in 2007?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not ready to drink the Bruceton kool-aide just yet.....They lost alot of size up front,size that made big holes for Jordan last season...Replacing linemen is not an easy thing to do at this level...They also lost their big QB..They got some work to do.....McKenzie lost alot of talent also....At least 15 seniors..They do have a very good QB coming back,though..Lake County lost their best player in Springer.....This region is wide open if you ask me....My prediction right now would have to be 1-McKenzie....2-Union City.....3-Bruceton......4-Lake County.....

Union City is 12-2 in this region since dropping to 1-A.....McKenzie beat UC last season in UC 42-21 after being tied at half 21-21.....Bruceton ran up and down the field with Jordan,but had UC just stopped the kid half the time and allowed 250 yards instead of 450 or whatever it was Union City would have beaten the Tigers in Bruceton...The score was only 20-14 and UC was young and in all honesty pretty weak last season.....

The team to beat to get to the semi-final round seems to be TCA,so staying out of that 4th position is huge....

I'm not ready to drink the Bruceton kool-aide just yet.....They lost alot of size up front,size that made big holes for Jordan last season...Replacing linemen is not an easy thing to do at this level...They also lost their big QB..They got some work to do.....McKenzie lost alot of talent also....At least 15 seniors..They do have a very good QB coming back,though..Lake County lost their best player in Springer.....This region is wide open if you ask me....My prediction right now would have to be 1-McKenzie....2-Union City.....3-Bruceton......4-Lake County.....

Union City is 12-2 in this region since dropping to 1-A.....McKenzie beat UC last season in UC 42-21 after being tied at half 21-21.....Bruceton ran up and down the field with Jordan,but had UC just stopped the kid half the time and allowed 250 yards instead of 450 or whatever it was Union City would have beaten the Tigers in Bruceton...The score was only 20-14 and UC was young and in all honesty pretty weak last season.....

The team to beat to get to the semi-final round seems to be TCA,so staying out of that 4th position is huge....

bruceton has lineman in those positions that are twice as fast as the ones they lost..and the new qb jacob edwards looks to be better than the one last year..look for jordan to have another huge year behind his HUGE fullback and very good returning offensive lineman

• 3 weeks later...

Bruceton had a good run in the playoffs?? How can a first round loss to TCA at home be considered a good run? I think you have Bruceton and Lake Co. confused. The Falcons made a good run in the playoffs last year eventually falling to state Champ JCS in the Quarterfinals 26-21. Bruceton will be solid but IMO, they must become less one dimensional to do very well. Stop Jordan and you Stop Bruceton. Or let me rephrase limit his yards and you will beat the Tigers. I think the Tigers will make the playoffs but unsure whether they have the firepower to win the region or go very far in the playoffs just yet.

bruceton has lineman in those positions that are twice as fast as the ones they lost..and the new qb jacob edwards looks to be better than the one last year..look for jordan to have another huge year behind his HUGE fullback and very good returning offensive lineman

Let's analyze this post. Let's speculate that the linemen that were lost could run the 100 yard dash in 17 seconds which is slow by most standards. Then that would mean using your numbers that the new linemen could run that same 100 yard dash in 8.5 seconds. That's better than world class speed you got in Carroll county. Those kids should be in the Olympics. They should be straight out of high school into the Pros. Shoot, why even risk injury playing highschool football.

Let's analyze this post. Let's speculate that the linemen that were lost could run the 100 yard dash in 17 seconds which is slow by most standards. Then that would mean using your numbers that the new linemen could run that same 100 yard dash in 8.5 seconds. That's better than world class speed you got in Carroll county. Those kids should be in the Olympics. They should be straight out of high school into the Pros. Shoot, why even risk injury playing highschool football.

its an exageration smart foot

its an exageration smart foot

I'm not as concerned with fast linemen....I want ones that can block....

It's all about the linemen.....If Jordan doesn't have the blockers it doesn't matter how good he is.....