Pre-Season 3A All-State

ruse?

I saw where this topic was off and running for the other classes, and while in the grand scheme of things, it really amounts to nothing more than pub/hype; I figured roll it out. These are guys that were named to the TSWAA 2006 3A All-State Team for 06 that return. Seemed like a place to start; however, I am sure that there are more, so let's hear them.

Sam Eberle. Notre Dame. TE. Class of 08.

Deaunte Mason. Pearl Cohn. ATH/QB. Class of 08.

Howard Griffin. Pearl Cohn. LB. Class of 08.

Bubba Stokes. Fulton. LB. Class of 08.

Zak Tait. Catholic. DT. Class of 09.

ruse?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw where this topic was off and running for the other classes, and while in the grand scheme of things, it really amounts to nothing more than pub/hype; I figured roll it out. These are guys that were named to the TSWAA 2006 3A All-State Team for 06 that return. Seemed like a place to start; however, I am sure that there are more, so let's hear them.

Sam Eberle. Notre Dame. TE. Class of 08.

Deaunte Mason. Pearl Cohn. ATH/QB. Class of 08.

Howard Griffin. Pearl Cohn. LB. Class of 08.

Bubba Stokes. Fulton. LB. Class of 08.

Zak Tait. Catholic. DT. Class of 09.

ruse?

Great List So Far....... I would include the following MIDSTATE players as candidates for this year's team:

Don'ta Hightower (Marshall Co.): DL

Kendall Dangerfield (Giles Co.): DL

David Lane (Sycamore): DL

Rogers Gaines (White House): DL

Evan Webb (David Lipscomb): LB

Howard Griffin (Pearl Cohn): LB

Spenser Tope (Station Camp): LB

Ryan Dickerson (Greenbrier): LB

Josh Perez (Giles Co.): DB

Blake Neel (Page): DB

Deaunte Mason (Pearl Cohn): QB

Taylor Lankford (Page): RB

Deaveon Gregory (Pearl Cohn): RB

Cory Cripps (DeKalb Co.): RB

Cavalla O'Neal (Marshall Co.): WR

Jerry Henry (Cheatham Co.): OL

Markese Osborne (Pearl Cohn): OL

Zach Rogers (David Lipscomb): ATH (WR/RB/KR)

Magwan Smith (Spring Hill): ATH (QB/RB)

Christian Reed (Station Camp): PK

A bunch of good players for many good teams in Class 3A around the midstate heading into the 2007 season!!!!

Great List So Far....... I would include the following MIDSTATE players as candidates for this year's team:

A bunch of good players for many good teams in Class 3A around the midstate heading into the 2007 season!!!!

Thank you Mr. Midstate.

There's a bunch of those that will be playing on Saturdays. Could you help us out with some of their "class of" I know guys like Rodgers and Webb from DL are class of 09, any others, or are the rest 08 guys? O'Neal maybe? Anyway, little help?

thanks ruse?

Thank you Mr. Midstate.

There's a bunch of those that will be playing on Saturdays. Could you help us out with some of their "class of" I know guys like Rodgers and Webb from DL are class of 09, any others, or are the rest 08 guys? O'Neal maybe? Anyway, little help?

thanks ruse?

Neel, Lankford, Rogers, & Webb are all of the Class of '09 guys. The remainder of that list is Class of '08. There will be some more Class of '09 guys who step to the forefront and have breakthrough seasons this fall I am certain.

BC,

How big is your boy Jerry Henry? Which schools are showing interest in him? He is a good football player.

Don't forget WR, Bryan Wisdom...also class of 09...transferred from Independence High over the summer...should be an asset to Blake Neel and Taylor Langford and bring the Pats to a winning season...Wisdom is small at 5'10 but one of the fastest open field runners in high school football today.

Don't forget WR, Bryan Wisdom...also class of 09...transferred from Independence High over the summer...should be an asset to Blake Neel and Taylor Langford and bring the Pats to a winning season...Wisdom is small at 5'10 but one of the fastest open field runners in high school football today.

Did this young man move or did he transfer schools and did he play last year at indy?

Hey ruse?

I believe that Don'ta Hightower will be playing at defensive end at the next level. I saw where it was posted on the other thread that you had Hightower listed as a linebacker. Don'ta does have excellent speed, I believe somewhere in the 4.6-4.8 range, however he would be better suited to play with his hand on the ground in college. Right now he is around 6'3 245-250lbs. If he continues to hit thew weightroom hard once this season is complete then he could add an extra 10-15lbs. A 6'3 or 6'4 255-265lbs. freshman defensive end that can run in the mid 4's in his 40 yard dash is an impressive induvidual. It's not a knock on the young man because he may be the best football player in Region 5-3A HOWEVER playing at linebacker would only hurt this young man down the road. He is too impressive of a football player to have dropping back into a zone 2/3 of the downs and not only that but his lateral movement may not be good enough to cover some of the better receivers at big time schools in conferences such as the SEC, ACC, or Big 10.